New Member Introductions New here? Introduce yourself to the 6SpeedOnline Community and show us your ride!

modification to my 987.2,london ontario

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2016, 09:01 AM
Location: apt 2703 at 330 ridout st north, london , ontario, canada
heinzmayr is on a distinguished road
modification to my 987.2,london ontario

First post : as proud second owner of 2009 cayman s, 987.2, 3.4liter DFI engine ,pdk with sports chrono ,navi,meteor gray metallic.

I log about 4 hrs a week as all-season daily driver and plan 3 or 4 roadtrips a year.I don't track the car but always wondered about reading press saying that Porsche held back performance in cayman s so as to not outshine 911.

Last month i had local porsche performance shop in kilworth Ontario upgrade my car after studying forums for a year .I went with enlarged air filter, competition plenum and 83 mm throttle body.Did before and after numbers on dyno.The most gains were seen only after the software update and extensive tuning by Renato at shop.Was able to chart increase in horsepower from 318 to 335 now and increase toque from 275 to 285 in the 4500 to 7000 rpm range. I can feel this improvement while driving the car around.

I hope to the improve exhaust note and add another 10 hp with improved exhaust system,maybe later this year.

I have really enjoyed this car over the last 4 years but it is fun maximizing the performance.

Old 04-11-2016, 07:40 AM
Location: apt 2703 at 330 ridout st north, london , ontario, canada
heinzmayr is on a distinguished road
I bought my 2009 cayman s from a dealer in Chicago several years ago.i had been looking online for about 6 months and closed deal on phone subject to inspection . I flew down and drove car back to Ontario .It was easy to get thru border. I bought snow tires on 18 inch rims and use this car as daily driver .When I bought car the Canadian dollar was worth 2% more .USA dollar is now 30% better so I imagine there will be a lot of americans coming up to Ontario to buy used porsches.It would even pay to drive up here have a performance upgrade ,like I just had , done here.