New Member Introductions New here? Introduce yourself to the 6SpeedOnline Community and show us your ride!

New Here

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2017, 05:00 PM
Droptopman is an unknown quantity at this point
New Here

Good afternoon,

Thank you for being here. Joined the forum to acquire knowledge about Porsche. Mainly research for my next car purchase.

Like to think of myself as a car guy going all the way back to high school. Drove a 67 SS Chevelle in HS. Many "muscle" cars and Corvettes over the years. Few BMW and MB. Only Porsche I owned was back in the early 90's.
Drove a 1984 911SC for about a year. Loved it but foolishly sold it.

Last 10 years or so, been driving Audi convertibles. RS 4, S5 and currently a 2015 S5 that has been tuned to about 450hp. I live in a region that has 4 real seasons, snow in the winter and I drive over mountain passes frequently. Need something that works in bad weather but is also fun to drive. I did the 2 car thing for years. SUV for winter, Corvette for the rest of the year. Just do not want to deal with more than 1 car anymore. That is how I ended up in the Audi Cabriolet--nice mix for winter/snow and top down summer driving. Getting to the point of my life where I would like a little more convenience in a vehicle. I golf a lot and getting clubs in and out of the S5 cabriolet is a hassle. So at this point I am looking at a sporty SUV/Crossover vehicle.

Drove MB GLC and GLE AMG, BMW X5M, X5 i50, Jaguar F Pace S, Porsche Cayenne GTS, and Macan GTS.
The Jag is actually a very nice vehicle, but....
Fell in love with Porsche . However, I still cannot decide between the Cayenne or Macan. I am 6' 3" so obviously the size of the Cayenne is nice, but I liked the way the Macan drives better. Given I only spent about 30 minutes in each vehicle so I need to do another test drive.
I plan to study here to help me with the next car decision.

Sorry so long winded. Thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.