New Member Introductions New here? Introduce yourself to the 6SpeedOnline Community and show us your ride!

New to 6Speed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2017, 05:09 AM
Chanderb is an unknown quantity at this point
New to 6Speed

Hello there. I have belonged to several forums, Audi, TDIClub etc. mainly as a lurker, learner, occasionally passing on my experience with the cars I have owned, mainly VW's and Audis and the one 2004 996. The 996 was my DD in the Chicago area while I was working. After retirement I found myself driving it less and less mainly due to the road noise, not the engine noise. The drone and road/tire noise became intolerable to where I got rid of the car. It has been 3 years and I want to drive a Porsche again. Nothing comes close to the muffled roar of the engine and the incredible handling and road grip. I am too old now to drive a stick shift, so I am looking for a car with PDK (meaning post 2009).
I currently own a 2010 Audi A6 Avant, and a 2005 Passat TDI GLS wagon. I live close to Chicago, in Oak Park.
I love speed, watch Formula 1 and endurance races regularly on TV and live (F1, usually in Montreal, but this year in Barcelona).

Old 07-15-2017, 07:16 AM
bja72774 is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome and good luck with your search

Old 07-24-2017, 12:35 PM
Fbrooksr is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi all. New to 6speedonline and to the world according to Porsche! Bought this Targa 4 last month, and after a thorough "go through" took it on a 3,000 mile trip from MD to the beaches of AL and back, with multiple side trips. Had great fun, but most was placing my wife behind the wheel on I-65, watching her go through the gears like it was one of her past Miatas, and then asking her if she knew she was going 92 MPH? She was naturally shocked, but pleased with the ease of driving this machine! Me, too!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.