New Member Introductions New here? Introduce yourself to the 6SpeedOnline Community and show us your ride!

Long time lurker

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 11:47 AM
JT77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Long time lurker

Finally decided to join. Looking forward to learning more about Porsches and the 6speed community. Currently looking to get into a GT3. Any advice/thoughts are welcomed.

Old 10-01-2017, 03:00 PM
Oregonian is on a distinguished road
Welcome JT77. I'm not a complete Porsche nut, but I'm definitely an enthusiast. I owned a '63 356B S90 coupe for quite a few years in the 90's and my daily driver for years was an '88 911 Targa. I got out of P cars when my kids were born for practical reasons. When I was ready to jump back in 2-3 years ago I first looked at air cooled models cause that's what I was familiar with. I kept feeling a tug to try the newer cars and started leaning heavily towards either a 997 Turbo or GT3. I ended up with a beautiful 2010 Turbo. The reasons I chose a Turbo are once again for practicality: I can take my wife for a weekend at the coast or wine country and fit both my boys for weekend drives. If it was just me I may well have opted for the GT3. You can't go wrong with either- and finding the right car is truly half of the fun!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.