New Member Introductions New here? Introduce yourself to the 6SpeedOnline Community and show us your ride!

Hello from NOVA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2017, 09:01 AM
Wschomburg is an unknown quantity at this point
Hello from NOVA

Hello All. FYI NOVA is short for Northern Virginia should anyone not be local.
I have been a Porsche fan for decades but life, and family, have hampered my ability to purchase my dream car. Times have changed and now I am in the investigative mode to determine which of these fine automobiles I should get. After reading many Forum posts I believe I have my decision which will be a 997.2 Turbo.

Im hoping to soldify my decision with more information from the Forum in the hopes of becoming an owner.

I’m looking looking forward to learning more from everyone.
Cheers
Bill

Last edited by Wschomburg; 10-15-2017 at 09:07 AM.
Old 08-07-2018, 05:24 PM
Wschomburg is an unknown quantity at this point
Pulling the Trigger

OK folks now its going to get interesting. After 22 months, a few personal setbacks, I will soon be apart of the family. I put a deposit on a 2009 997.2 C4 Coupe.
Being in NOVA I don't *think* I need the AWD, but after reading, watching, and self introspective, I know my driving habits and the AWD will keep me honest. This will be a daily driver and I'm not planning any track days. Actually I am hoping to enjoy it for 2 years and then be able to find a 997.2TT, if not I will be happy with what I have

This is from a reputable Porsche / luxury car dealer in the area even references as a goto place to get a Porsche PPI. They went through the car and replaced all the brake pads, trued-up a rim that was slightly out of round, replaced all 4 tires, detailed, changed the fluids so I feel good about the deal.

There is an after market warranty available from a company called Warrentech that is pretty comprehensive. So a few questions on the warranty:
Planning on keeping for 2 years and estimate less than 15K miles driving, so a 36 month/15K mi warranty (transferable) for $3530.00 sound reasonable?
Searched this board for Warrentech but did not get any hits. Anyone ever use Warrentech are they easy to deal with?
Do I need the warranty given my plan? I think worse case scenario baring any failures is I am in it for 2 year service and 40K service should I have to hold onto it for longer than planned.

Thoughts and comments welcome
Cheers

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.