New Member Introductions New here? Introduce yourself to the 6SpeedOnline Community and show us your ride!

new member from blighty with a bently continental gt saying hello

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2018, 04:22 PM
crusher is an unknown quantity at this point
new member from blighty with a bently continental gt saying hello

hi to all you 6 speed guys out there..new member with a 2005 bently continental gt..also run a 986 boxster for the wife so been lurking around the site for a while..l look forward to making a few posts as i love a bit of diy on my cars and feel the old bentleys need a bit more airtime.
great site and hope to meet a few other bentley diyers on here .

Old 10-04-2021, 03:23 PM
suv37 is an unknown quantity at this point
2004 Bently Continental GT, what now ?

I am getting the 2004 continental GT , will have pre purchase inspection , but what should I do after I purchase ? What are the possible repairs outside the 1 yr maintenance I should be prepared for? Any experiences you had with this car will help

Old 05-21-2022, 02:23 PM
Barkingants is an unknown quantity at this point
New to all of this. I have a call to anyone to read my thread:

"I am having issues with my suspension on my 2005 Bentley Continental GT., VIN Number: SCBCR63W45C027443 I replaced my front brakes and I forgot to activate the car into jack mode and the car lowered thinking that it was level. I bought a HEX key cable from Ross-Tech to access the computer to override the suspension but it won't accept the security code: 31564. I tried both access 16 and 11 but I got the error: Controller refused the key! Error 35: Invalid key. Can you come up with a probable reason why it is not accepting the code?

Hopefully all the experienced members will think of something

Old 05-21-2022, 02:30 PM
Barkingants is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a 2005 Continental GT. It has serious air suspension problems and the windows are prone to break make sure that the windows roll up and down. They have plastic pulleys and over time they crack and break. You can get the kits on ebay but it takes a lot of work to replace them. Overall this is what you can expect. As far as oil changes, most shops won't do them because they don't know much about the car but the oil has to be bought in bulk and it can be bought at walmart or anywhere and the filter is special order. Little things tend to go like buttons. They have small tabs on them and they get brittle and break. The shifter rubber mat deterioates and usually has to be replaced as well. These are simple things but the most important thing is keeping the fluids up.