New Member Introductions New here? Introduce yourself to the 6SpeedOnline Community and show us your ride!

New guy Indianapolis

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2019, 10:00 AM
Venom13132 is an unknown quantity at this point
New guy Indianapolis

Hey just chiming in here. I occasionally find some needed info on this site so I figured I would join. I have owned 30 cars in my life so far (currently have 3). I do all of my own work and some work for others. I am a mechanical engineer and can do 3D modeling and have access to a very high end 3D scanner.

Current cars
Daily Driver:
2006 BMW 650i Coupe. Its a 4.8l V8 with a true manual 6-speed trans (no smg). I picked this up in February 2019 from an older gentlemen in Lexington KY. So far I have swapped all the interior silver trim with Carbon fiber from an M6. I put 10mm spacers on the rear wheels (I'd like to just swap to a staggered set of M6 wheels when its time for new tires, I only drive 12 miles a day so its gonna be a while before my tires go). I put a cold air intake in also.

(Place Holder for pictures, cant post with my work computer for some reason)

My toy/project:
1995 Mazda RX-7 LS1 T56 swap. This is my 2nd 95 RX-7 with an LS swap I have owned. I built my first on in 06/07 and regrettably sold it in 2011 to go back to school. I found another one for sale in July 2018 that had already been swapped and I got it for a deal so I picked it up. It was in pretty rough shape and was a pretty sloppy swap. I have been slowly fixing it up yet keeping it drivable at the same time. I have done Feed wide body and front bumper (rears going on when I get around to it). K-sport coil overs. Gram Lights 57TE wheels. Some Wide Yokohama Advan tires. There is a lot to do on the car still. Over the winter I plan to strip it completely down and repaint fully in and out. I am not set on a color yet. Black is always my default but I am always tempted with other colors. I may just paint it black then wrap it if I feel the need to change colors.

(Place Holder for pictures, cant post with my work computer for some reason)

That's about it!
Thanks

Fred