New Member Introductions New here? Introduce yourself to the 6SpeedOnline Community and show us your ride!

HELP!! 2010 Bentley GTC top won’t go up

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2020, 06:07 AM
DrDreamer is an unknown quantity at this point
HELP!! 2010 Bentley GTC top won’t go up

I’m new to this forum nice to meet you guys. I hope you all can help solving this problem. Car remains parked in garage 90% of the year. I replaced 1 battery because engine light came on due to weak battery. Problem solved, no more engine light on. I would occasionally turn car on to avoid batteries to die out. Last week car didn’t start, tried but failed do to low batteries (I thought). It still had enough power to open trunk. I noticed the battery that I had replaced was not connected.(probably wasn’t tightened properly and became undone) So I connected it properly and tightened terminals. (I might have took out the car to wash and gas up with only 1 battery connected, not sure if that caused problem) I did notice before this issue the roof fault light came on. But roof opened and closed fine, but light stayed on. I parked the car and called it a day. A few weeks later when noticed battery disconnect, after connecting, car started just fine. Top worked up and down fine (roof fault warning still on) I took car for a spin. Put top down no prob, now it won’t raise!! I hear a click everyone I lift the switch for top, windows start process of going down like 1/8 of an inch every time I lift switch, but nothing else. Took to local friends shop. He was able to reset a bunch of codes but still no luck with top. I did inspect top and it does have a fabric lifting on right rear side about 2-3 inches.

Old 04-27-2024, 07:11 AM
sharako is an unknown quantity at this point
Similar issue.. .

My top is closed but I get an alert that says its open..
I just installed 2 new batteries. The top warning comes on and I try to open it and then the trunk warning comes on... The trunk and top seem completely dead they both wont open.