Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

GT-R faster than anticipated

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 08:40 AM
Banned
Lounge Lizard is on a distinguished road
GT-R faster than anticipated

According to a report on a British Forum the New GT-R is even quicker than anticipated due to a launch control system that for some reason Nissan was reluctant to discuss, giving the GT-R a 0-60mph time of 3.3secs

Wow this car just gets more impressive every time I read something about it.

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...?f=23&t=475455

Old 12-19-2007, 10:00 AM
Chuck_H will become famous soon enough
Old 12-19-2007, 10:36 AM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
Oh boy, just wait for the haters to jump in now. I can't wait for somebody to post this on Corvette Forum. The place is loaded with haters.

I personally think the car is awesome. I like the looks of it, the dual clutch, etc. I am surprised at the performance numbers being what they are with a car weighing in at 3,8xx lbs. Impressive!!!

Last edited by amerlemans; 12-19-2007 at 10:59 AM.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:41 AM
Chris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud of
haha There are haters everywhere. "Unless you own _____ you aren't cool!" Appreciate a car for what it is. I would appreciate and respect a Porsche as much as a Ferrari any day of the week regardless of which one I actually owned.

For the record though, the new GTR will be sickening. I am looking forward to seeing the videos of the GTR vs 997 Turbo.

Old 12-19-2007, 01:17 PM
YK_GTR is on a distinguished road
I'm waiting for someone to say something about it not having a "proper manual".

The bottom line is, the dual clutch is far superior (IMO). Unless you're michael schumacher, you probably can't shift a regular 6 speed as well as this beast.

Old 12-19-2007, 01:23 PM
NoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant future
I can't wait to see what the modders can do with it.

Old 12-19-2007, 03:15 PM
Banned
Lounge Lizard is on a distinguished road
Just been to McDavid Nissan here in Houston and was told that the whole US are getting 1200 cars for 12 months. McDavid are getting 18 cars over 18 months starting in June and I am now on the list. Not sure where they will let me know but about 5th I think.

Old 12-19-2007, 04:45 PM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
Damn thats fast. I suppose dealers are all sold out now? My biggest fear is this car falling into the hands of immature street ricers who cant drive for ****.
Remember when the E46 M3 came out? Crashes everywhere.

Old 12-19-2007, 04:48 PM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
Old 12-19-2007, 05:03 PM
Gary in BR is on a distinguished road
I have been on the GT-R bandwagon until I saw the video.
Its a beautiful car from the rear but the front is uninspiring.

But all in all it is a powerful car and this will force Porsche and everyone else to up their game.

Old 12-19-2007, 05:34 PM
Official Dipshit 2006
shiggins will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by YK_GTR
I'm waiting for someone to say something about it not having a "proper manual".

The bottom line is, the dual clutch is far superior (IMO). Unless you're michael schumacher, you probably can't shift a regular 6 speed as well as this beast.
I guess if ones bottom line is shifting in uber-fast, then yes, the dual clutch is far superior. I, and many others, don't find it as much fun.

Unless I'm racing Michael Schumacher for $$, why would I put a few tenths of a second over my enjoyment?

Old 12-19-2007, 05:42 PM
YK_GTR is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by shiggins
I guess if ones bottom line is shifting in uber-fast, then yes, the dual clutch is far superior. I, and many others, don't find it as much fun.

Unless I'm racing Michael Schumacher for $$, why would I put a few tenths of a second over my enjoyment?
Agreed. I guess enjoyment is a big part of it. In my case, I would enjoy having launch control and high-tech stuff like that...

I would love to have something with all the gadgets and a dual clutch setup, because I am a bit of a tech geek, and something a little bit less sophisticated for the whole "driving experience" pleasure.

Old 12-19-2007, 07:58 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
JonA85 is on a distinguished road
can't wait to see videos of the GT-R racing other cars on youtube

Old 12-22-2007, 12:41 PM
Torv is on a distinguished road
I want it. I want it. I want it.

Then again I heard of a 20K mark up at several dealers.

Old 12-22-2007, 06:42 PM
Car_Collector will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Torv
I want it. I want it. I want it.

Then again I heard of a 20K mark up at several dealers.
The first Nissan with a markup!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT-R faster than anticipated