Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

997 TT vs GTR drag race: from a roll

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 03:52 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
I don't live on these forums. I didn't notice the date. I didn't have to go back THAT far to read this.

It has not died out competely... There is another article that just came out in Europe that places the GT-R way ahead of both the 911 and R8 (in both performance and value).
Good for you my friend. Enjoy your Nissan GTR. Hope they do some tests that will beat the Bugatti too. Hey, why not do a test that shows the GTR beating the crap out of a Mclaren F1 car at Manaco too. That'll show everyone right? Get over it. You like your GTR and we like our Porsches.

Old 09-17-2009, 04:37 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GotBoost?
Good for you my friend. Enjoy your Nissan GTR. Hope they do some tests that will beat the Bugatti too. Hey, why not do a test that shows the GTR beating the crap out of a Mclaren F1 car at Manaco too. That'll show everyone right? Get over it. You like your GTR and we like our Porsches.
All I did was respond. If you never the comment, I'd have nothing to respond to, yes?

If you like your Porsches, then get over the GT-R. You said yourself, you don't care anymore. Then ignore the comments.

I enjoy the debate. I enjoy stopping the spread of misinformation. There are only 3000 GT-R's in North America. And there are 50,000,000 GT-R experts (even those that read the magazine articles twice). If only those people knew how ignorant they were, well they wouldn't be ignorant then, would they?

The people that know are grossly outnumbered by people that don't. Hey, it's an uphill battle, and sometimes I've got nothing better to do in my work day than surf these interwebz.

Old 09-21-2009, 04:16 AM
SRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud of
hm.... another JAPANESE show with a GTR beating the tt... I can't wait to catch a GTR on the street with my tt. We shall see.
I caught one and it the jap car didn't do too well...

Old 09-21-2009, 06:07 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Time slips?

Old 09-21-2009, 07:10 AM
SRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud of
what do you think?

Old 09-21-2009, 10:27 AM
^ I think it wasn't an official race. I think it was done on the street. I think there is no way to tell if the 911 was pushing as hard as the GT-R, and vice versa.

If you're talking a race in a straight line, from speed x to speed y - if speed x isn't 0, then the 911 stands a good chance of coming out ahead, provided the driver can shift well.

Old 09-21-2009, 12:24 PM
rseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud of
No need for the sarcasm. As an actual GTR owner, jasper is just doing his part in correcting the misinformation that is so commonly spread around these forums. Enjoy the car you drive. No need for the petty bashing.

Old 09-21-2009, 09:00 PM
th3Stig is a glorious beacon of lightth3Stig is a glorious beacon of lightth3Stig is a glorious beacon of lightth3Stig is a glorious beacon of lightth3Stig is a glorious beacon of light
I was messing around with a friend of mine the other night with an 07 997tt auto. both his car and mine are all stock and we just did two 30-130 runs and they were even but he seemed like he started to pull on the top end, but I guess I didn't VBox it so it's not official...

Old 09-22-2009, 06:01 AM
Originally Posted by th3Stig
I was messing around with a friend of mine the other night with an 07 997tt auto. both his car and mine are all stock and we just did two 30-130 runs and they were even but he seemed like he started to pull on the top end, but I guess I didn't VBox it so it's not official...
These are expected results (at least based on your perception and description).

*I like your disclaimer...

Old 04-21-2010, 01:12 AM
jaykalia is infamous around these parts
Hmmmm...

Old 05-06-2010, 02:11 PM
Hogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond repute
Man, what would this place be w/out a GT-R vs TT thread?

Old 05-06-2010, 02:36 PM
It was an oldie.

I think they all look the same.

I personally feel that if it wasn't such a controversy and a close margin, it wouldn't be as exciting to participate in.

Has anybody counted how many GT-R vs 911TT threads there have been here?

Old 08-04-2010, 01:23 AM
Liquidemotions is infamous around these partsLiquidemotions is infamous around these parts
wow madness go 997TT!

Old 08-04-2010, 06:46 AM
What kind of sorcery is this???

Are you MAD?

Bring things back to life, that have been this dead this long, is the stuff that makes Stephen King books scary.

Old 08-04-2010, 12:08 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
It LIVES!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 TT vs GTR drag race: from a roll