Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

wow... TechArt GTstreet destroys Mine's GTR

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 09:56 PM
MiamiIS350 is on a distinguished road
ZR1 $150k? Techart P car $250k, GTR 80k. GTR is the best bang for your buck, too bad it looks like ****, compared to the techart P car.

Old 09-29-2008, 11:25 PM
monaroCountry will become famous soon enough
ZR1 is $103k.....................but if you want to play it like that then GTR = $115k and most have been in the high 11sec mark. Added to the weak and expensive trans.

Old 09-29-2008, 11:25 PM
Vladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by MiamiIS350
ZR1 $150k? Techart P car $250k, GTR 80k. GTR is the best bang for your buck, too bad it looks like ****, compared to the techart P car.

you seen one in person yet? I love all cars, and i think GTR is very uniqe looking piece.

Old 09-29-2008, 11:54 PM
rockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Vladcanada
you seen one in person yet? I love all cars, and i think GTR is very uniqe looking piece.
Yes, my friend has one and it's FUGLY! But that's just my opinion...maybe it needs to grow on me.

I'm a Bimmer fan, but hated what Bangle did to many of the late model Bimmers...especially the 5 and 7 series. So, as much as I love and applaud the GTR's performance, it just doesn't catch my eye.

I'm all about the WHOLE package. What good are a great set of fake breast implants if the lady's a "butter face" (meaning - everything BUT HER FACE)? I'm sure some don't care, but my lady needs to have the whole package. The same goes with cars - doesn't need to be the best 1/4 mile car or the best handling car, but should at least be "competitive" and equally attractive on the eyes.

So to some, the GTR is great, and I give credit to Nissan for making such a great car. Unfortunately, to me, it's another "butter face".

Old 09-30-2008, 05:55 AM
MiamiIS350 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Vladcanada
I live in Miami, what car haven't I seen. And yes it looks does not compare anywhere close to a Techart P car in styling, in my opinion.

Last edited by MiamiIS350; 09-30-2008 at 05:57 AM.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:07 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
as far as styling... i prefer the new dodge challenger and ferrari f430.

but appears to have no bearing on the topic of laptimes, does it?

Old 09-30-2008, 10:12 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by monaroCountry
ZR1 is $103k.....................but if you want to play it like that then GTR = $115k and most have been in the high 11sec mark. Added to the weak and expensive trans.
holy crap! my dealer gave me one hell of a deal... i only paid $76k for my gt-r (fully loaded premium). i saved almost $40k!!!

and my kids fit in the backseat (necessary for going to football games on saturdays).

note: i was quoted a price for the zr-1 at $140k.

(i was also quoted a price for the r8 @ $150k, so this may have changed recently)

i'm not sure what you're referring to the weak trans (perhaps you have information that the rest of us don't - please share, unless you're referring to that one thread about that one transmission).

but you're definitely spot on about the 1/4 times. the gt-r is in no way a good straight line car. the most fun i have in it, is the daily drive to work, and the fun taking corners (eagerly awaiting my first time taking it to the track).

Old 09-30-2008, 12:52 PM
Shinkaze has a spectacular aura aboutShinkaze has a spectacular aura about
All I have to say is wait two more weeks, I have a video of a COBB tunning GT-R vs. Claus' GT-Street Tech Art Porsche 997.

Old 09-30-2008, 07:37 PM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
crap :P eheheheh

Old 10-01-2008, 02:33 AM
Jmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really nice
You can probably say or believe the GT-R is a "Butterface" but at least it performs like it was designed to there no doubt about that. Its like I can say your Porsche is the High maintenance hot looking girl that looks like a super model and all perfect body all of that but she has Severe case of Genital Herpes and as Borat said "Vageen that hangs like sleeve of wizard" But the GT-R is more of an average Cute looking girl but you can bang the hell out of her all you want with no problems and she's Low maintenance at that.

Originally Posted by rockstardoc
Yes, my friend has one and it's FUGLY! But that's just my opinion...maybe it needs to grow on me.

I'm a Bimmer fan, but hated what Bangle did to many of the late model Bimmers...especially the 5 and 7 series. So, as much as I love and applaud the GTR's performance, it just doesn't catch my eye.

I'm all about the WHOLE package. What good are a great set of fake breast implants if the lady's a "butter face" (meaning - everything BUT HER FACE)? I'm sure some don't care, but my lady needs to have the whole package. The same goes with cars - doesn't need to be the best 1/4 mile car or the best handling car, but should at least be "competitive" and equally attractive on the eyes.

So to some, the GTR is great, and I give credit to Nissan for making such a great car. Unfortunately, to me, it's another "butter face".

Old 10-09-2008, 03:50 AM
hesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nice
Originally Posted by Shinkaze
All I have to say is wait two more weeks, I have a video of a COBB tunning GT-R vs. Claus' GT-Street Tech Art Porsche 997.
great! can't wait!!!

Old 10-09-2008, 12:37 PM
gtr6speed is on a distinguished road
GTR35 is the best bang for the buck performance wise. Of course that's relative to when you're buying one. You can buy and drive a brand new one today (October 9th, 2008) at $10k over MSRP or about $83k. However, looking at it, I'd say it doesn't evoke much emotion or excitement to me. I get way more excited seeing a F430 or GT3RS.

Even more, I get really excited seeing a R34 GTR, even though I have one in the garage.

How a car looks is in the eye of the beholder. Performance numbers are numbers and numbers don't lie though.

Old 10-10-2008, 03:53 AM
E36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of light
Make the car lighter,throw in a conventional 6 speed manual gearbox and id be keen to get one.
I don't want a video game experience i want a driving experience.

Old 10-10-2008, 05:17 AM
Originally Posted by E36-RAT
Make the car lighter,throw in a conventional 6 speed manual gearbox and id be keen to get one.
I don't want a video game experience i want a driving experience.
based on this statement, i'd venture to say you haven't driven one (or push one in a spirited manner).

i've played lots of video games, this thing corners better than any other car i've ever driven in my life.

Old 10-10-2008, 10:34 AM
yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tnb1786
im on neither side but p-car 6speeders really dont like the GTR huh? lol
Whats not to like? i think the GTR is a great i almost bought one but the wife disagreed. if i did it would just be an addition to the P.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: wow... TechArt GTstreet destroys Mine's GTR