Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

r34's in Los Angeles

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 09:50 PM
dyogi817 is on a distinguished road
jesus fast, how much are you trying to sell yours for and where do you stay at?

Old 04-13-2009, 12:53 AM
Ibn Rushd is on a distinguished road
There's 3 R34's built for the latest Fast and Furious movies, they were built from the ground up in the U.S, from what I remember they are all for sale for about 80k...

Old 04-13-2009, 09:11 AM
dsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Ibn Rushd
There's 3 R34's built for the latest Fast and Furious movies, they were built from the ground up in the U.S, from what I remember they are all for sale for about 80k...
do you know where they are posted for sale? Is the White one FS?

Old 04-13-2009, 09:14 AM
dsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by dyogi817
thanks for the help.. when i get the budget i think im gonna go for it..its been at the top of list for me for a while
I was in the market for one a while back. And found a very clean R34 vspec FS, Unlike most of the GTR with BRxxxx vin, this car has the 17 digit US vin number so you can register it any where you want. It is in So-cal, the seller is motivated and clean car. Great car to buy if you want to do a lot of work/mod to it. pm me for info.

Old 04-13-2009, 09:59 AM
JesusFast is a jewel in the roughJesusFast is a jewel in the roughJesusFast is a jewel in the rough
there was one GT-R in that movie the other's were GT-T's with body kits

Old 04-13-2009, 06:46 PM
Psypher is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by danox574
Anyone considering importing or buying a US made chassis like the Kaizo without drivetrain is well advised to very carefully read the NHTSA, DOT, and *especially* EPA documentation on car assembly. Most states are amicable to this car being registered, but registration and compliance are different issues.

I will not comment on where a Kaizo falls, but anyone who's going to spend $65,000+ for a R34 shell (and then more on the premium parts you'd like to finish it with) owes it to themselves to spend a significant amount of time researching the compliance law at the federal level and then deciding how to proceed.
Kit cars are illegal in California unless you are one of the first 500 as someone previously posted. You better get in line at the DMV before it opens on Jan 2nd. I know a shop in Lancaster, CA area that did this with a Lexus SC300 => Soarer. The thing to remember is that it is the first 500 STATEWIDE. In otherwords, be on the ball and get in there ASAP! It is alot easier to buy an already legalized one in the states, not to mention cheaper. I was looking into importing a R33 GTR V-Spec but it was too costly at the time and too hard to find. Instead, I made my Z32 have 487whp. The other option if you are a GTR fanatic would be to get an old 71 GTR. Sexy as hell imho and does not require smog. Can you say RB26DETT swap!

Anyways, if you want more info on importing one, look into the Nico forums or some of the other all Nissan Forums. Best place to look for info regarding these issues.

If you want more info regarding legal importation and what all applies to it, just respond here and I will post most of the websites that I found pertaining to it in California. From what I have found, to do it, not only does ti require a legalized importer but also multiple cars to crash test with and then some other requirements for DoT approval before you even get to EPA. Some cars took almost 2 years to legalize. Just food for thought.

p.s. Yes, my avatar is a Porsche emblem, and yes, my signature is correct.

Last edited by Psypher; 04-13-2009 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Added some...
Old 04-14-2009, 12:18 AM
Banned
mikedzh is on a distinguished road
R34-best GTR forever!!!

Old 04-14-2009, 01:32 AM
rotaz has a spectacular aura aboutrotaz has a spectacular aura aboutrotaz has a spectacular aura about
I want a R34!

Old 04-14-2009, 12:45 PM
Does anyone know around how much R34's go for and how much extra it cost to import and make pass CA smog?

Last edited by dyogi817; 04-14-2009 at 12:48 PM.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:04 PM
...GRAM is on a distinguished road
Its an amazing car..GL on getting on to LA. I know were have atleast one driving around the streets.

Old 04-14-2009, 06:57 PM
Does anyone know around how much R34's go for and how much extra it cost to import and make pass CA smog?
Read like 4 posts above yours about importation. The only way now is thru "kit-car" status and even then, its extreamly hard. In terms of how much they are currently going for, legal ones go between 70-100k from what I've seen. I know that ZCarGarage in NorCal sold theirs for 92k.

Last edited by Psypher; 04-14-2009 at 07:00 PM. Reason: added
Old 04-14-2009, 10:00 PM
ok so from what Im hearing most in order to get a skyline id have to import it as a kit car and from what i understand a kit car is the car without the drivetrain? and then im guessing you get the drivetrain and install it into the car? from what it looks like it doesnt sound too complicated but im sure theres more to it.. can anyone explain?

Last edited by dyogi817; 04-14-2009 at 10:07 PM.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:09 PM
Francesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to behold
ok so from what Im hearing most in order to get a skyline id have to import it as a kit car and from what i understand a kit car is the car without the drivetrain? and then im guessing you get the drivetrain and install it into the car? from what it looks like it doesnt sound too complicated but im sure theres more to it.. can anyone explain?
Theirs always a loop hole

Theirs a few legit r34's running around in the US that were not imported in parts. In all honesty your best bet is to start searching online, buy one that's already in the US and legally registered. You will save on a headache.

Old 04-14-2009, 10:14 PM
Francesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by BoostedDub
You can import a Kaizo R34 though. It is basically a R34 unibody with interior, but no drivetrain. You can then buy the drivetrain from someone else and have it assembled here. Kinda like a kit car.

http://www.kaizoindustries.com/
They really lack information on the main page. If you create a sign on ID is their more information internally on the site?

Old 04-14-2009, 10:32 PM
Originally Posted by Francesco
Theirs always a loop hole

Theirs a few legit r34's running around in the US that were not imported in parts. In all honesty your best bet is to start searching online, buy one that's already in the US and legally registered. You will save on a headache.
This...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: r34's in Los Angeles