Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

My new (to me) GT-R

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 11:06 AM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by M33
Dude it's not gettin hot , don't Instigate got nothing better to do ?
Right now don't,but you're right...sorry.

Old 10-22-2010, 12:56 PM
img
img is a jewel in the roughimg is a jewel in the roughimg is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
J-man, Let's run again then! I told Dru to tell you to race me as soon as you get it fixed and from what I was hearing is that the guys in AZ claimed this is the way the cars run? If your car is running better than last time then lets go at it again please. Win or lose, you know I love a good race since I came up there figuring you would walk me on the highway anyway. Maybe we can do 1 race also from the dig too just for fun. Also, try to get that modded Porsche 996TT to come out. Do you have the videos on youtube? I'd like to see them. I remember I pulled a few funny driving manuevers that I would love to look at again lol plus I'm sure that the guys on the forums would like to see footage.
Please call up/text my friend Dru to setup a rematch if you feel your car is faster than it was last time.

Img, I will run you as well too assuming you also have a blown E9x M3. Hopefully I can get the GoPro mounted nicely so that we have good footage.
Hey ItalianStallion ,id luv to run ur GT-R so let me know.i also have a lot of respect for GT-Rs since 2 of my good friends got them.

Old 10-22-2010, 01:41 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Childish posts removed.
I was gonna say..What are we ...11?

Old 10-22-2010, 02:56 PM
Fastfrank will become famous soon enough
To get "back on track"

Very informative write up Scott!, this would have really helped me out a few months ago when I posed the question "996TT or GTR?"......
I guess the answer for you is both LOL

Looking forward to keeping us posted on the mod results as I ponder how I can pull off adding a GTR to the stable

Old 10-22-2010, 03:08 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Fastfrank
To get "back on track"

Very informative write up Scott!, this would have really helped me out a few months ago when I posed the question "996TT or GTR?"......
I guess the answer for you is both LOL
Frank - I didn't own my GT-R back then so I wouldn't have had any input for you.

Old 10-22-2010, 03:12 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Installed my Switzer titanium resonated y-pipe and drop-in filters today. Took me all of :30 minutes in my garage. Once I get my maps from Tym, I'll let you guys know how the car feels. My initial impressions after starting the car up are that the Switzer pipe is not only a perfect piece of fabrication, but the car doesn't seem any louder than stock (exactly what I hoped for when I requested the resonated version).

In the meantime, here's a picture of the stock y-pipe compared to the Switzer. I also weighed both, and the Switzer pipe is 22 lbs lighter!

Attached Images  

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 10-22-2010 at 03:14 PM.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:30 PM
besiktas will become famous soon enoughbesiktas will become famous soon enough
Is this HKS Y-Pipe or a Y-Pipe that's being done custom by Switzer themselves?

Old 10-22-2010, 11:10 PM
DLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond repute
Good stuff Buddy, congrats!

Old 10-23-2010, 07:18 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Installed my Switzer titanium resonated y-pipe and drop-in filters today. Took me all of :30 minutes in my garage. Once I get my maps from Tym, I'll let you guys know how the car feels. My initial impressions after starting the car up are that the Switzer pipe is not only a perfect piece of fabrication, but the car doesn't seem any louder than stock (exactly what I hoped for when I requested the resonated version).

In the meantime, here's a picture of the stock y-pipe compared to the Switzer. I also weighed both, and the Switzer pipe is 22 lbs lighter!
Good news! Excited to hear your opinion of the car with the tunes on. I think you'll be amazed at the new mid-range.
Originally Posted by besiktas
That is Switzer's Y-pipe.

It is among the most popular designs, as it is the most simple, with the least amount of material. The HKS resonated has a MUCH larger resonator. The biggest difference with all of these pipes is the diameter (since most are good quality), so if you choose one, be sure to match the size of the main piping to the size of your intended rear section.

Old 10-23-2010, 08:38 AM
LuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by besiktas
It is Switzer, not custom made. Imported rather.

Old 10-25-2010, 06:20 AM
alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !
Well done Scott, now let's see the difference in the 60-130mph with the new setup

Old 10-26-2010, 01:12 PM
ItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant future
Scott, sorry for kidnapping your thread and going completely off topic. We'll keep it to the PM's or phone so I understand why you deleted the posts...

Back to topic! Any updates on the Switzer mods?

Old 10-26-2010, 01:33 PM
besiktas will become famous soon enoughbesiktas will become famous soon enough
Also did you try any 60-130 runs with the new Y-pipe, before you get the tune?