Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

My life with the GT-R aka My expensive test drive

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 07:25 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by IloveSpeed
This is what the GT-R guys think of the 911's.

http://www.gtrlife.com/forums/topic/.../#entry1227696
Interesting.

If you read those posts, it sounds awfully a lot like they were/are 911 guys.

Pretty ironic.

Read that entire thread - then reread threads like this one. It's quite amusing.

Old 08-11-2013, 08:09 PM
yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
What I notice is that when GTR owners talk crap about 911's, it goes without any issues or fights. On the other hand if any 911 owner talks bad about a GTR , all hell breaks loose. Just an observation!
And I will probably get flack just for pointing that out!

Lol I know exactly what you mean! 911 Owners are more laid back and just don't really care what GTR owners say or think. There is always going to be something about any car group, it's part of life!

Old 08-11-2013, 08:12 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Simple for me. I would only add that after spending some time in gtr life when I had the gtr, getting a turbo and coming back to 6 speed was quite refreshing.

Old 08-11-2013, 10:24 PM
IloveSpeed has a spectacular aura aboutIloveSpeed has a spectacular aura aboutIloveSpeed has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ryem3
Simple for me. I would only add that after spending some time in gtr life when I had the gtr, getting a turbo and coming back to 6 speed was quite refreshing.
By looking at your posts I feel you indeed fit the stereotype of a P car owner.

Congrats.

Old 08-18-2013, 06:06 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by IloveSpeed

By looking at your posts I feel you indeed fit the stereotype of a P car owner.

Congrats.
Assuming I should be offended by that comment, whatever you believe that stereotype to be. Most of the people that have read the thread found it entertaining that some gtr owners got their knickers in a twist...

Old 08-18-2013, 06:51 PM
ice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond repute
This is a really great thread. One of the best I've read. I want a GTR even more than I ever did. Just look at all the different viewpoints. All the great information.
I have a friend who has one. Took me for a ride. I was scared stiff. Never forgot it. That's why I want a GTR.

Old 08-18-2013, 08:27 PM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ice350
This is a really great thread. One of the best I've read. I want a GTR even more than I ever did. Just look at all the different viewpoints. All the great information.
I have a friend who has one. Took me for a ride. I was scared stiff. Never forgot it. That's why I want a GTR.
I'm with you on this. M3 was sold this past week to a fellow 6Speeder (great guy). GT-R is en route from Texas. Finally will be scratching that GT-R itch I have had for the better part of three years.

Old 08-18-2013, 08:52 PM
Cool. They are really worth checking out. Just hope the fun lasts when the initial glow subsides. They are awesome cars. At least you definitely go in eyes wide open.

Old 08-18-2013, 11:57 PM
taylorgang is on a distinguished road
I was going to get a GTR but after reading this I may have changed my mind...

Old 08-19-2013, 12:56 AM
krs2 will become famous soon enough
not sure about gtr now!!

Old 08-19-2013, 04:29 AM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
Cool. They are really worth checking out. Just hope the fun lasts when the initial glow subsides. They are awesome cars. At least you definitely go in eyes wide open.
I hope the fun lasts as well. I'm getting it at a pretty good price, I think (2010 with nearly 18 months of powertrain warranty left; 9,600 miles for $69K). If it wears off quickly and I don't want to keep it very long, I don't think I can get hurt too badly at this price point. I haven't kept any of my previous cars very long at all (no more than 12 months) anyhow. My wife has said that it's been a bit of a sickness.

Old 08-19-2013, 08:20 AM
krs2 will become famous soon enough
interesting read.. thanks for the details

Old 08-20-2013, 09:04 AM
Originally Posted by amerlemans

I hope the fun lasts as well. I'm getting it at a pretty good price, I think (2010 with nearly 18 months of powertrain warranty left; 9,600 miles for $69K). If it wears off quickly and I don't want to keep it very long, I don't think I can get hurt too badly at this price point. I haven't kept any of my previous cars very long at all (no more than 12 months) anyhow. My wife has said that it's been a bit of a sickness.
Sounds like a good buy. That year does not benefit from the improved ride if later models though. I would recommend trying the suspension in "race" mode, the damping seemed more matched to the spring rates. You've been on the board here for a while, will be interested to hear your impressions. Suspect you get out of it while it is still under warranty!

Old 08-20-2013, 09:05 AM
Originally Posted by krs2
interesting read.. thanks for the details
You're welcome! Pass on the rep points!

Old 08-21-2013, 07:58 AM
Banned
Sounds like a good buy. That year does not benefit from the improved ride if later models though. I would recommend trying the suspension in "race" mode, the damping seemed more matched to the spring rates. You've been on the board here for a while, will be interested to hear your impressions. Suspect you get out of it while it is still under warranty!
I have to say, I test drove an '11 before I decided on the '10 with much less mileage and the ride was just fine for me. I may buy a set of Michelin PSS/PS2 for an even better ride and less tire noise. I will give an honest opinion on it after 30-60 days of driving.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: My life with the GT-R aka My expensive test drive