Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

GT-R Engine & Interior Pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 11:56 PM
GTS-R is on a distinguished road
GT-R is looking better everyday. Can't wait to hear the final specs, esp the weight.

Old 02-24-2007, 11:47 AM
Pepper Brooks is on a distinguished road
i am impressed, but not sure i quite like the style. Awesome perfromance though. Just another example of how IMO Porsche needs to up the ante on their performance.

Old 02-24-2007, 02:22 PM
DevilZ is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Enilder
I can careless if it's under infiniti or nissan.
I am just waiting to see one in person.

Though with enough money to buy 997TT or GT3RS, I'd take those over GTR anyday. (Probably )
It's all good no matter what cars you get but I have always preffered FR's or MR's and AWD over RWD . . . . . . guess you can just call me a fanboy. (personally not a fan of Porsche styling).

I don't know if I'd take ANYTHING over the GT-R at this time; I think it will be able to outperform things 2-3x the price, and be TUNABLE as well. I'm sure it'll be able to outperform a 997, F430, Murcielago, etc . . . . . especially if people will be modding it to excesses of 600, 700+ awhp. Although having a Murci or F430 would be hella baller.

Just my 2 cents

Old 02-25-2007, 08:01 PM
GTS-R is on a distinguished road
At this point, my next car purchase is the GT-R. Anyone know if the car is FM (front-mid) engine position?

Old 02-26-2007, 02:50 AM
19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute
The last skyline was the r34, everything else is crap. If it doesn’t have an inline 6 then it’s not even worthy of the name. They use the vq in everything including the suv variants. The old skylines were legendary super cars. That is nothing more then another art student’s clay model crap, I know the type they should stick to designing lunchboxes. I haven’t even looked at the specs but if it doesn’t have a progression of the RB, the same great awd, aws then it’s not even worth it. It’s not going to be as good as many of its older brothers. Even if this one is more available even to the states, that doesn’t make it any better. Nissan should have looked to companies like Topsecret and Jun. They have done things with Nissan, and Toyota parts that the manufactures themselves couldn’t have dreamed of. Put the TS r34 up against the 911 on Laguna Seca and you will see a very large difference. People who have driven some of the best cars are humbled by the driving experience of the older skylines.

This is of course just my opinion, nothing more. I’m just used to the tried and true. I would take any of the r32 33 or 34 variations before I would consider that wannabe skyline. They have never faltered over their many years of racing and street use. The block in those cars and supra’s are said to be more comparable to earthmoving equipment then car parts. They haven’t made cars like that for a while now, and they never will again no matter how hard they try. Imagine if they just refined the r34 v-spec, made it in both rsd and lsd, capable of being imported to the states without so much drama. Same styling and parts, people are willing to pay 80-100K to get one of those to the states and Nissan already made it. I just don’t understand the need to change it so much, its all badge and name. Why mess with success?

Old 02-26-2007, 06:57 AM
Chuck_H will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by GTS-R
At this point, my next car purchase is the GT-R. Anyone know if the car is FM (front-mid) engine position?
Yes it is.

Old 02-26-2007, 08:13 AM
Originally Posted by 19000rpm
The last skyline was the r34, everything else is crap. If it doesn’t have an inline 6 then it’s not even worthy of the name. They use the vq in everything including the suv variants. The old skylines were legendary super cars. That is nothing more then another art student’s clay model crap, I know the type they should stick to designing lunchboxes. I haven’t even looked at the specs but if it doesn’t have a progression of the RB, the same great awd, aws then it’s not even worth it. It’s not going to be as good as many of its older brothers. Even if this one is more available even to the states, that doesn’t make it any better. Nissan should have looked to companies like Topsecret and Jun. They have done things with Nissan, and Toyota parts that the manufactures themselves couldn’t have dreamed of. Put the TS r34 up against the 911 on Laguna Seca and you will see a very large difference. People who have driven some of the best cars are humbled by the driving experience of the older skylines.
Several corrections:

1. The last "Skyline GT-R" ended with the R34. Currently, the only "Skyline" is in what is known as the V35 Skyline (in Japan) and G35 Coupe (US). It is the G35 that we are all familiar of.

2. This new car is NOT CALLED THE GODDAMNED "SKYLINE." When will people star to understand that. It is NOT going to be the "R25 Skyline GT-R." This car is simply called the "NISSAN GT-R." Nothing more, nothing less. I do not have information regarding chassis code, but it is NOT a SKYLINE anymore. It is merely called the "GT-R."

3. The RB26 is a great engine and all but it is VERY outdated. The VQ35DE itself is more capable than the RB26. In the end, displacement wins somewhat. The VQ35 is capable of flowing roughly 20 more CFM than even a 2JZ-GTE with Ported Heads - let alone a RB26DETT. Furthermore, the VQ35HR VARIANT that will be used in this new GT-R will be even more capable of F/I purposes - it is factory F/I after all.

If you look at this carefully - the 2007 350Z's new engine, the VQ35HR, has brand new internals that SHOULD support roughly around 600whp without rebuilding the bottom end. That is awesome compared to the previous 3.0 and 3.5 generation VQ engines, the VQ35DE (what I have) and VQ35DE-RevUp (in the 2006 350Z's). FURTHERMORE, the new "GT-R" (again, NOT Skyline) will have a larger displacement version of the VQ35HR - that will most likely be VERY different than the one in the 350Z. It will either be a 3.7 or 3.8 Liter, whould should flow roughly 25 more CFM than a 2JZ-GTE with ported heads. FURTHERMORE, being a factory F/I motor on Nissan's halo car, the engine will no doubt be able to support massive amounts of pressure, boost, horsepower and torque.

To simply dismiss the VQ35HR and the race-variant that will be placed in the new Nissan GT-R is simply being an RB-fanboy and failing to see what Nissan is offering in terms of technological advances and innovation.

The end result is - if you want to drive a car that will soon be outdated, be my guest. However, this new GT-R will outperform, outpower, and outhandle every single previous SKYLINE GT-R ever made, as it will feature paddle shifters, a much larger displacement motor that is more technologically advanced, a more advanced version of the ATTESSA-ETS AWD system, a better suspension, and in generally a much better CAR than its predecessors.

Say what you will; evolution is inevitable. This new car will herald what Nissan is capable of in terms of performance, value, and sheer awesomeness that only the GT-R can offer (IMO, having driven an R32 and R33, it's the most fun car I've ever driven).

Last edited by DevilZ; 02-26-2007 at 11:36 AM.
Old 02-26-2007, 02:51 PM
19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute
A g35, 350z, murano, fx35 all have that same engine. They are not skylines, even if Nissan wants to call them that. The fact that they put that engine in everything shows how mainstream un-exotic that car is. Its garbage compared to the simple inline 6. I have friends that build the drag cars for the NOPI racing and they use the vq to well over 1500hp, but they have to rebuild it every pass. If you think the 26 is so bad then there are better variations like the 28. TS had that engine doing the same 1500hp in street going cars, all you have to do is hit the boost scramble. The parts produced for the RB series were so ahead of their time that you will not find many of the products on cars today.

Let me make this clear then, the last REAL Skyline ended with the R34.

Bringing back the GT-R name is trying to build on the skylines reputation, so yeah this is a half assed attempt to bring back the skyline again for the second time.

I don’t think you have a flow bench in your back yard so you haven’t scene actual flow characteristics of any of these heads with your own eyes. There are very few good flow benches, or operators around, I know a few of them around here and they don’t mess with those engines. Its so pain as day to see which engine is more capable. You could build an R34 with 1200HP awd aws and drive it every day of the week. There are no cars that can do that today, I don’t care if you call it out dated. Those blocks in the 350, G35 and this newer thing are aluminum, it wont be able to do the same thing as the so old and outdated cast iron I6’s. Ask a teacher who understands metallurgy to explain what I have just said to you. A big displacement v6 is just dumb. Are you in to imports or big block domestics? I can’t tell. It doesn’t take a lot of cubic inches to make power at least not with dynamic compression.

I highly doubt you have ever driven any older Skylines, and you defiantly haven’t driven the r34 in race form. Those cars are said to be some of the best in the world on the track in terms of feel, grip and in the end lap times. Just because a car isn’t produced anymore doesn’t make it out dated. There are so many cars around this forum that are older then you yourself and can still push the envelope better then new cars that anyone with the cash can go out and buy. You just don’t get how special those cars are. I don’t care about what you talk about with your fiends at HIN, Nordschleife separates the men from the boys.

That GT-R concept is not a bad car, neither are any of the Nissan infinity creations, they are just not the best. I just don’t think the initial asking price for that car would be justified by the performance. You can get a lot more out of a car if you know where to look.

Old 02-27-2007, 03:18 AM
Crea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by 19000rpm
A g35, 350z, murano, fx35 all have that same engine. They are not skylines, even if Nissan wants to call them that. The fact that they put that engine in everything shows how mainstream un-exotic that car is. Its garbage compared to the simple inline 6. I have friends that build the drag cars for the NOPI racing and they use the vq to well over 1500hp, but they have to rebuild it every pass. If you think the 26 is so bad then there are better variations like the 28. TS had that engine doing the same 1500hp in street going cars, all you have to do is hit the boost scramble. The parts produced for the RB series were so ahead of their time that you will not find many of the products on cars today.

Let me make this clear then, the last REAL Skyline ended with the R34.

Bringing back the GT-R name is trying to build on the skylines reputation, so yeah this is a half assed attempt to bring back the skyline again for the second time.

I highly doubt you have ever driven any older Skylines, and you defiantly haven’t driven the r34 in race form. Those cars are said to be some of the best in the world on the track in terms of feel, grip and in the end lap times. Just because a car isn’t produced anymore doesn’t make it out dated. There are so many cars around this forum that are older then you yourself and can still push the envelope better then new cars that anyone with the cash can go out and buy. You just don’t get how special those cars are. I don’t care about what you talk about with your fiends at HIN, Nordschleife separates the men from the boys.

That GT-R concept is not a bad car, neither are any of the Nissan infinity creations, they are just not the best. I just don’t think the initial asking price for that car would be justified by the performance. You can get a lot more out of a car if you know where to look.
i'm sorry, but u know nothing about skylines. the original skyline was made as a 4dr sedan. it was never meant to be an exotic car and it never was an exotic. the GTR was just a top sport version of the Skyline like an Impreza WRX STI or Lancer Evolution or M3.

even Nissan replaced the RB engine in their JGTC cars with VQ. RB engines wernt reliable enough. if YOU ever build RB26s they aren that reliable at 800+ HP

btw, the RB26 was not even designed as a race engine, it was just a tuned Inline 6 engine nissan used on a handful of cars which dont sell too well. if nissan can make the RB having so much potential, i'm sure they can make the new VQ do as good.

the V35 Skyline (G35) are already faster then a R32 GTR and the V36 (2007 G35 sedan) is already faster then the R34 GTR. V36 GTR is gonna make all previous GTR obsolete. the V36 will be nearly as fast as a Z-Tuned R34 that cost 200k.

from what i see, you are just another person that generalize Skylines as GTR and only live in the stage where only R32, 33 and 34 exist.

Old 02-27-2007, 03:53 AM
Too many people just look at stats, and say this car is faster, this one is new and better or has potential. They already made a proven and amazing car. A lot of great drivers get out of that car and are absolutely stunned. Drivers of the new wannabe skylines just curse it for lack of power, grip and feel. I do only see the 32 33 and 34 as the only good cars Nissan ever made. They are exotic cars because over here in the states there’re extremely rare, and you cant argue with the power, control and grip. The physics of a cast-iron block with foraged internals is something that cannot be argued with. The fact that it’s an inline just adds more balance and strength to the engine. I have personally heard from drivers and owners of these cars, you can say what you want but have you actually driven all of these cars on a track? (the prototype GT-R an exception) . I don’t own one so I just rely on what they have told me, and I consider them to be the most reliable source. Its easy to go off of hype, magazines and tv shows but the track never lies. The 911 is a good example. On paper it isn’t the best, but when put on the track with a good driver where it belongs it comes out on top.

When built right these cars are extremely reliable. No the older skylines didn’t sell that well, that’s what makes them so rare and special. People who don’t know anything about cars recognize the skyline and know there’s something special about it. People who really drive and build cars know why it’s held so high. It is the best car ever out of Japan. I don’t even like Japanese cars, but if given the opportunity I would buy one. I am used to driving and working on nothing but euro cars, that Nissan just stands out among all. The only drawback of the car is that its heavy on the scales, but on the track it hides its weight well.

Point of the thread is to show off this new marketing gamble. I doubt it will make Nissan any real money, but then again they don’t make their largest profit off of high performance cars. Good to see them attempt it though. It will be interesting to see it in production form.

Old 02-27-2007, 04:59 AM
Crea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the rough
i've driven stock, modded R32,33,34 and V35/Z33 and V36 on and off track. i will not even trade my E46 M3 for a R34 GTR (they both go for the same price here). despite how much HP i can tune out of the engine. becuz i know i will not boost the car over 500HP to remain reliability and endurance of the engine. on the track most of the highly tuned GTR needs to go back to the pit for cool down after like 4-5 laps....

and with the amount of money spend to make the GTR 600+ HP with the right mods, u can easily just buy a 911 Turbo or Ferrari and forget about it.

i find the newer V35 and Z33 (both twin turboed) drives much more better then a R32/33/34 GTR tuned at around the same horsepower. the new chassis is much more balanced.

Old 02-27-2007, 02:07 PM
Actually I am a huge fan of the R32, R33, and R34 GT-R's. And I would actually take the R34 VSpec II NUR over almost any other car simply for the thing's heritage.

Again, I am not a fan of cast iron blocks. Actually, I would take a LS7 over almost any other engine. Someone want to give me a LS7 to swap into my car?

I am simply saying that these new GT-R will outperform all the previous models. And the new "Nissan GT-R" is NOT A WANNABE SKYLINE. The Skyline badge is carried by the Inifiniti G35 cars/V35 Skyline (in Japan). THE NEW GT-R IS NOT A SKYLINE. I REPEAT, IT IS NOT A SKYLINE. THERE HAS BEEN NO ATTEMPTS BY NISSAN TO HIDE THAT FACT. IT IS SIMPLY CALLED THE GT-R, NISSAN'S NEW HALO CAR. I DO NOT SEE THE PROBLEM WITH THAT.

As for whether I am into imports or domestics, all I have to say is that I like a car that looks, handles, and has the power that I want. I don't care if it's an Euro, Domestic, or Japanese car. I love all cars and that's why I'm online talking about them.

Anyways if you feel that the R34 will outperform the new GT-R, then feel free to do so. We'll only know once this new one hits production and aftermarket tuners start to tamper with it. No need to get angry over it.

Regards,

Miluo

Old 02-27-2007, 03:32 PM
the new GTR is still built off a Skyline/G35 even tho it will not carry the name. even nissan engineer confirmed that it will still share the same chassis code with the current skyline which is V36

Old 02-27-2007, 03:46 PM
The only car that can pull off not having to evolve and change with the times is the 911. Nissan shouldn’t be taking the easy road. It just shows their commitment to the sports car market. They would rather put forth their effort in the value, and family sector of the market. It’s like that with all the Japanese makers now. It used to be easy to find a car that a normal person with normal income could buy and turn into a super car. Now it’s just more economical to just go out and buy a BMW, a Porsche, or even a Ferrari. The build quality is already there and so is the performance. The tuner market is sort of an all or nothing arena now. You got people who think just putting on some wheels, an air filter, changing something aesthetically and they’re done. Then on the other side there are people who put whole cars worth of money into making something worthy of a magazine. Maybe this new GT-R might have a good place in the auto market because of this. The benchmark right now is Porsche, they make great cars, and the company is making a great profit. One of the few automakers at this time to be doing so.

What is the production schedule for the GT-R?

Old 02-27-2007, 04:00 PM
NoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant future
This new Nissan might make me open my wallet.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT-R Engine & Interior Pics