Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

GT-R @ Goodwood FOS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 03:51 PM
Chuck_H will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by amerlemans
Thanks. I'm surprised they would still have that up on their site. Isn't this car making its debut in Tokyo in like 60-90 days?.
Yep at the Tokyo Motor Show, Oct. 26- Nov. 11

http://www.tokyo-motorshow.com/eng/

Old 08-13-2007, 08:38 AM
flight23 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by amerlemans
Thanks. I'm surprised they would still have that up on their site. Isn't this car making its debut in Tokyo in like 60-90 days?.
All of the prototypes were said to be 90% of the finished GT-R anyways. I would assume that photo is the finished product. Not sure which trim level though.

Old 08-13-2007, 08:58 AM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Both cars in my sig will be ditched for the GTR as soon as i can get my hands on a white one

I think its nuts how it gets compared so closely with the 997TT and supposedly comes darn close - but for 70k shouldnt it get compared with the New M3 too? I mean, that is the other car im considering as well for around 70k....and it looks as if the GTR will BLOW the doors off the new M3 if things are what they seem to be thus far...

JDM fo life

Old 08-13-2007, 09:10 AM
Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35
Both cars in my sig will be ditched for the GTR as soon as i can get my hands on a white one

I think its nuts how it gets compared so closely with the 997TT and supposedly comes darn close - but for 70k shouldnt it get compared with the New M3 too? I mean, that is the other car im considering as well for around 70k....and it looks as if the GTR will BLOW the doors off the new M3 if things are what they seem to be thus far...

JDM fo life
Have the pricing/trim levels been posted here yet? The car seems like a bargain vs the 911TT when you hear the $56K base price, until you find out that you really want the $98K Evo level with the carbon fiber body, 7 speed DSG, ceramic brakes, and more power.

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/03/26/e...el-and-prices/

Old 08-13-2007, 09:24 AM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by flight23
Have the pricing/trim levels been posted here yet? The car seems like a bargain vs the 911TT when you hear the $56K base price, until you find out that you really want the $98K Evo level with the carbon fiber body, 7 speed DSG, ceramic brakes, and more power.

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/03/26/e...el-and-prices/
Still, im sure the "base" GTR wont be a slouch in the performance category....think 997TT (base GTR), 997GT3 (mid level GTR) and the 997GT2 (big daddy GTR)

Would that be about right?

Old 08-13-2007, 10:38 AM
Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35
Still, im sure the "base" GTR wont be a slouch in the performance category....think 997TT (base GTR), 997GT3 (mid level GTR) and the 997GT2 (big daddy GTR)

Would that be about right?
Not sure, but I would be very interested to know what the time difference around the ring is between the 3 trim levels. But I agree that the the base GTR should still be very close to the 997TT.

Old 08-13-2007, 12:47 PM
Originally Posted by flight23
Not sure, but I would be very interested to know what the time difference around the ring is between the 3 trim levels. But I agree that the the base GTR should still be very close to the 997TT.
I sure hope so...i have been waiting for this sucker for a WHILE now...

Old 08-13-2007, 02:32 PM
emissary will become famous soon enough
Are dealerships taking real deposits for these yet?

Old 08-13-2007, 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by emissary
Nissan isn't officially taking deposits, but you will find some dealers that are.

Here is the latest GT-R article
Holiday Auto gives us a little more information on the upcoming GT-R’s engine code, power output characteristics, FM platform and improved head light technology.
Over the last few years, there has been so much speculation surrounding just exactly what type of engine will power the upcoming Nissan GT-R. Although Japanese Automotive magazine Holiday Auto doesn’t actually confirm that the capacity of the new engine will be 3.8L, they do explain to some extent why the new power plant won’t be a part of the VQ family of engines currently used in the V-series Skyline sedan and coupe models. Also discussed is the FM platform and how it influences the GT-R’s advertising catch-phrase and just why the new GT-R’s headlights are a step ahead of the rest.

Engine Code: VR38
Peak Power: 480ps/6,800rpm
Peak Torque: 58.0kgm/1,700 - 5,600rpm
Details: The engine powering the new GT-R will be extremely lightweight compared to engines of similar capacity and complexity. Titanium intake valves and magnesium alloy exhaust valves will be used as well as a version of the new VVEL (Variable Valve Event and Lift) technology as used in the V36 Skyline Coupe. Red line is from 7,600rpm, with a 7,800rpm rev limit. Even after peak power has been achieved at 6,800rpm, 90% of maximum power will still be available from 6,800 - 7,500rpm with the power curve staying virtually flat from 6,800rpm to red line. The secret to the GT-R’s speed is in it’s ability to obtain peak torque at such low revs, as well as a very usable spread of power right across the rev range. There is even mention of the engine being designed for a maximum power output of 600ps, but being detuned to 480ps for production.
The engine powering the 2008 GT-R is not part of the VQ family… Holiday Auto have reportedly been told that the engine appearing in the new GT-R has a ‘VR’ designation, leading them to believe that it has a strong connection to the VRH35L from the Nissan R390 that contested the Le Mans 24 Hour endurance race! We’ll have more on this soon.
Wide Angle HID:
In a world first, Nissan have developed new wide angle HID head lights for the GT-R, throwing light out to the sides of the car much more effectively than current HID head lights. The new HIDs reportedly allow up to 60m visibility ahead of the vehicle which will coincide with other advanced safety features to help the driver to avoid collisions.

‘Premium Midship’ Platform:
Nissan have a catch phrase for the platform of the new GT-R, they call it ’Premium Midship’. Weight has been concentrated between the front and rear wheels to make it the ultimate handling package, it being the latest and greatest incarnation of Nissan’s FM platform.
Details concerning turbo boost levels (1.5kgf/cm2), lightweight engine parts (magnesium cam covers, timing chain case and oil pan, aluminium intake manifold), high response turbochargers and carbon bonnet were also mentioned briefly. There are only a few more pieces of the GT-R jigsaw puzzle to go now…
http://www.7tune.com/?p=88

Old 08-13-2007, 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by emissary
Dealerships have been taking depsoits for the last 2 years, however, I do not believe allocation has been determined yet, so delivery is probably questionable at all but the largest US dealers.

Old 08-13-2007, 10:53 PM
NobleGTO is on a distinguished road
Is anyone aware of any So. Cal dealers who are taking deposits on the car who will agree to a price based on MSRP? Please send me a PM, I've tried calling a ton of dealers and either they won't take deposits & have no waiting list going (95% of the dealers) or want to rake you over the coals (5%) with an insane price.

I had 1 dealer ask for a $40k deposit and a $100k price tag. Nice.

Old 08-25-2007, 04:36 PM
Ritesh will become famous soon enough
When is the GTR coming out? My local dealer has 1 allocation and has no deposits as of yet.

Old 08-26-2007, 04:58 AM
Originally Posted by Ritesh
When is the GTR coming out? My local dealer has 1 allocation and has no deposits as of yet.
Fall of 2007 in Japan. Spring of 2008 in US.

Last edited by Chuck_H; 08-26-2007 at 05:18 AM.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:02 AM
IIVVX will become famous soon enoughIIVVX will become famous soon enough
I could only have a 6 speed so base would be fine for me. With the virtually unlimited mods that will be available in short order the other trim levels are rendered obsolete. I have read there is a more spartan lightweight model in the works as well.

Old 09-11-2007, 09:21 AM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
about 4 more months !!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT-R @ Goodwood FOS