Best Places to Eat (Philly Area)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 05:45 PM
JoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud of
British Pub-- The Whip (Unionville)
Diner-- Classic Diner
Diner-- Minella's
Connoisseur-- Dilworthtown Inn

Old 10-22-2007, 01:14 AM
TorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud of
Few additions:

Best Cheesesteak: Momma's (Bala Cynwyd), where the local firemen and cops have been going for years -- and for good reason! Pure cholestrol heaven

Best Food: Totaro's (Conshohoken), consistently fantastic and exotic menu

Best Diner: Minella's (second Joey on that one), one of the guys that runs the place is a MAJOR gearhead (E30 BMWs, Ducati bikes)

Best Sushi: Samurai (Bryn Mawr), eat there 1x/week (and, conventiently located directly across the street from Algar proving that there is a god)

Most Interesting Sushi: Morimoto (not the *best* sushi, but incredibly exotic with great presentation). Starting to O.D. on the whole Steven Starr thing, though.

Best Jazz Scene: Sunday night jamm sessions at Ortlieb's Jazzhaus (Northern Liberties; due diligence, know the owner casually through a close mutual friend), the real deal

Best BMW: E30 Evo ... ah, going off topic, mea culpa

DAVID

Last edited by TorqueChap; 10-22-2007 at 01:23 AM.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:10 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Boys, it all goes down at Amada. Chef Garces is rockin' the Philly food scene in a big way. I have yet to go to his new place, Tinto, but I heard it's nothing short of amazing.

http://www.amadarestaurant.com/

http://www.tintorestaurant.com/

The food, space, and service is most impressive. I walked out each time completely satisfied in every way.

My pick for some curbside grubbin' is ALWAYS Tony Luke's.

http://www.tonylukes.com/

Fogo De Chao is a cool concept, but I felt rushed. To me it seemed like they were VERY focused on turning tables and filling me up as fast as they could. There was a dude constantly popping up next to me wanting to slice off some fresh meat. It began to get slightly annoying especially when I was in the middle of a conversation. Just my opinion.

Old 11-16-2007, 07:50 AM
still lost is a jewel in the roughstill lost is a jewel in the roughstill lost is a jewel in the rough
I just ate at Nectar on Rt. 30 last week and it was quite good, I just had some wild boar lomein but the atmosphere rocked and the bartender was great at suggesting a good wine. He said reservations were pretty much required on the weekends and that they have a decent happy hour.

Has anyone been to Georges for happy hour? I hear it's pretty good....it's somehwere on Rt. 30

Old 11-16-2007, 08:02 AM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by still lost
I just ate at Nectar on Rt. 30 last week and it was quite good, I just had some wild boar lomein but the atmosphere rocked and the bartender was great at suggesting a good wine. He said reservations were pretty much required on the weekends and that they have a decent happy hour.

Has anyone been to Georges for happy hour? I hear it's pretty good....it's somehwere on Rt. 30
Yea Mike, Nectar is good. I was there a few weeks ago with a client and we enjoyed our lunch. I like their soups a lot. Atomsphere def rocks.

Georges in Wayne? I have never been but i walked right past it last night while at Free House and Great American Pub (both in Wayne).

I would be down for a happy hour there sometime.....

Old 11-16-2007, 08:24 AM
still lost is a jewel in the roughstill lost is a jewel in the roughstill lost is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35
Yea Mike, Nectar is good. I was there a few weeks ago with a client and we enjoyed our lunch. I like their soups a lot. Atomsphere def rocks.

Georges in Wayne? I have never been but i walked right past it last night while at Free House and Great American Pub (both in Wayne).

I would be down for a happy hour there sometime.....

Let me know...I'm always game

Old 11-18-2007, 05:09 PM
Bellefonte is on a distinguished road
Diner: Nudy’s Cafe in Devon
Sushi: Zento. I go there once a week , located on Chestnut in Olde City. Zentocontemporary.com
CheeseSteaks: Steve’s, the prince of steaks. It is way out of my way, located on Route 1 across of the Kraft factory, but the whole slices are worth the time.

Additions:
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Fratelli’s- Located on Montgomery Ave in Narberth. They have the best Italian hoagies on the planet!!

[/FONT]

Last edited by Bellefonte; 12-05-2007 at 10:49 PM.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:11 PM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bellefonte
Diner: Nudy’s Cafe in Devon
Sushi: Zento. I go there once a week , located on Chestnut in Olde City. Zentocontemporary.com
CheeseSteaks: Steve’s, the prince of steaks. It is way out of my way, located on Route 1 across of the Kraft factory, but the whole slices are worth the time.
Nice.

Thanks for sharing...id like to try that sushi place sometime......

Old 11-18-2007, 08:16 PM
TTurbonegro is on a distinguished road
seafood: McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant
One South Broad Street
(215) 568-6888

BookBinders
125 Walnut Street
(215)925-7027

steak: Ruths Chris steak house
260 S Broad St
(215) 790-1515

roast pork/chicken cutlet sand.: Tony Luke's Old Philly Style
39 E. Oregon Ave.

Old 12-05-2007, 10:50 PM
Bellefonte is on a distinguished road
Nice.

Anytime you want to go, I am down. It is BYOB.

Old 12-06-2007, 06:12 AM
Nice.

I'm down...6speed meet

Old 12-06-2007, 05:00 PM
Kevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the rough
I'm in. Lets do this.

Old 12-07-2007, 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by Kevinw23
I'm in. Lets do this.
Same here. When???

Old 12-11-2007, 10:00 PM
Romancer is on a distinguished road
Is Morimoto any good? Ever since I saw him on the Iron Chef I wanted to try his food. I looked at his site and the place looks like an amazing atmosphere. Anyone have experience with the place?

Old 12-12-2007, 06:06 AM
Originally Posted by Romancer
Is Morimoto any good? Ever since I saw him on the Iron Chef I wanted to try his food. I looked at his site and the place looks like an amazing atmosphere. Anyone have experience with the place?

It's a great place. I went alone one night and just sat at the sushi bar and had the small chefs plate and it was more than enough and it was sooooo good. The atmosphere is amazing as well. I've been meaning to get back down there....I actually worked right across the street at Jones and never made it over to Moritmotos the entire time I worked there

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best Places to Eat (Philly Area)