Help anyone familar with RI...not a great state for nice cars?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 03:33 PM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
Help anyone familar with RI...not a great state for nice cars?

I moved to RI and after a nightmare day of DMV filled with head aches, police station visits in neighboring towns for "VIN checks" by the inspector etc. etc. I now find out I need my "safety inspection" sticker. In ma. (where I moved from) it was easy, 15 min, check emissions, horn, turn signals and a few other things and done. In RI its a racquet like all else in this crazy state. This Safety inspection check takes 1-2 hours and its done by most hack local run down tire and or muffler shacks; on top of that they ask for you to leave your car for 1/2 a day.... was told by 3 shops that they dig into the car, take wheels off, check suspension etc etc... My car sits low (coil overs), any test drive by a monkey will certainly tear the front chin spoiler off, I have exhaust mod as well so its a bit loud.... anyway in short all three places told me my car would most likely fail? Does anyone have any experience in RI or know of any quality shops that recognize quality sports cars and I can get this inspection down? I just had my 19 wheels refinished and no question a normal hack shop with grab the torque wrench and chew up the socket walls when removed, not torque down correct when re-install....Please help!!!!!

I have only 3 days to get this done as you have 5 days from once car is registered and my car was done yesterday.... This is insane.............

Old 11-14-2008, 07:45 PM
JoeyM will become famous soon enough
you can bring it to inskip. they are used to dealing with nice cars.

i prefer the small places though. i have brought a couple of pretty nice cars to them. i babysit the car, they plug in the obd port, print out the sticker, then thats it.

my suggestion, go to the dmv website and find the small places close to you. check them out. if you dont like the way they're gonna do things, move on. they're a ton of them.

Old 11-15-2008, 09:33 PM
silk55 is on a distinguished road
i live about 15min from providence. i would also suggest taking it to INSKIP to have the work done.