Cancelled Newport RI car meet May 17nth Due to weather....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 01:04 PM
mickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant futuremickfluff has a brilliant future
Cancelled Newport RI car meet May 17nth Due to weather....

-I may still shoot down for an informal meet if enough people still want to get a small group out rain or shine, just PM me if you would be interested...-
It’s with great regret that I need to cancel this event... The weather is just not cooperating and seems that the forecast is getting wetter and wetter as the days draw near. I have put in a lot of time, energy, effort etc. into setting this up and no one is more frustrated then me. Sorry, just have never attended a outdoor car event in the rain and enjoyed myself....this being a meet, greet and -ride- all the more need for at least decent weather...over cast would have been fine but rain/thunderstorms could cause more stress and head aches to the event and only % of the turn out that a nicer day could bring.
I will try and get a back up date out asap...... and hope all can understand my decision to cancel. (many emails and PM's suggesting the same, thanks for the input) I could have waited until Saturday night to see if the weather changed but that won't give me enough time to warn others planning to attend. If Cars and coffee up North is still going on maybe that can be an option for the day for people?
Again sorry for the news..... and hope to be back in touch soon with a new date.
PM me any questions... Thanks all
May start a new post with the update so people know, hope that is OK...