6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Northwest (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/northwest-87/)
-   -   Seattle 6spdrs! Great weather for Nov 3rd-4th! One last drive? (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/northwest/103839-seattle-6spdrs-great-weather-nov-3rd-4th-one-last-drive.html)

BoxsterGirlie01 10-28-2007 09:21 PM

Seattle 6spdrs! Great weather for Nov 3rd-4th! One last drive?

okay guys, i know that we just did a drive today, but i checked the 10 day forecast and they are saying mostly sunshine for this coming up weekend! i just want to get as many drives in and take advantage of the weather!

carlos has planned a fun route for us! sounds like a great one!!
jody will be printing maps for everyone!

time: 9:00 am (departing at 9:30)
place: Whole Foods Grocery Store//Bellevue (in back of store)
drive time: approx 3.5 hours total
a lunch stop is planned as well. =) we don't want any hungry 6speeders!

i have extra walkies! if anyone else has extra, please bring them so we can all stay in touch

Sunday

Nov 04http://st.msn.com/as/wea3/i/en-US/saw/30.gifCloudy / PM Sun Hi: 55° Lo: 40°
Mostly cloudy skies. High 55F and low 40F. Winds N at 10 to 15 mph.
25%

todd t.
jody t.
bruce (if car finished)
jag
bojan
jeff h.
carlos (has some great route ideas!)
jin (new guy blk 996 with aero kit)
danny (cayman guy)
pj (may make one last mad dash before papahood)
ben (may join up for part of the drive. has lapping days later)
steve (50/50 may join us. waiting for an appt. to cancel)
paul (new guy in ferrari..may join)
ray (new guy in 996...may join)
david
sneakymike (may join)

simon may join up as well. has to get permission slip first. hehe...j/k j/k
hope to see ya, simon! =)

atomic80 10-29-2007 12:01 AM

Dammit....I want the RAIN...or the snow! I want to go skiing NOW!

BoxsterGirlie01 10-29-2007 08:34 AM

lol! soon jason! patience young cricket. =) i hear this winter is supposed to be quite good! no promises though. that was told to me by andy wapler!

mitchelrl 10-29-2007 09:24 AM

I have to clean out my hot tub this weekend if it's nice, which means I'll most likely procrastonate doing it until sunday.

M32911S 10-29-2007 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by BoxsterGirlie01 (Post 1427258)
lol! soon jason! patience young cricket. =) i hear this winter is supposed to be quite good! no promises though. that was told to me by andy wapler!

By quite good do you mean sunny and nice or cloudy and ****? I am hoping you meant sunnier than normal, but I have a feeling you meant crappy winter (for those rain and cloud lovers). If there is a drive this weekend I hope its Sunday because I have to work on Sat...

BoxsterGirlie01 10-29-2007 09:54 AM

jay,

well, i heard them say "lots of snow" this year. but as far as the condition...i don't know! lol!

maybe if there is enough interest, we can do a sunday drive! i just have to leave in someone's hands to plan the route....but maybe we'll get the missing links from last weekend to join! =)

M32911S 10-29-2007 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by BoxsterGirlie01 (Post 1427373)
jay,

well, i heard them say "lots of snow" this year. but as far as the condition...i don't know! lol!

maybe if there is enough interest, we can do a sunday drive! i just have to leave in someone's hands to plan the route....but maybe we'll get the missing links from last weekend to join! =)

Well lets just hope the weather forecast holds cuz honestly the meteorologists (sp?) in Seattle can't predict weather worth $hit.

Brucem 10-29-2007 11:56 AM

if I get my car done, and weather is good I will be down!

BoxsterGirlie01 10-29-2007 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Brucem (Post 1427733)
if I get my car done, and weather is good I will be down!

yeahhh! :p

BoxsterGirlie01 10-29-2007 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by mitchelrl (Post 1427325)
I have to clean out my hot tub this weekend if it's nice, which means I'll most likely procrastonate doing it until sunday.

noooo mitchel! do it on saturday so you can come for the drive on sunday! and drag matt out too!

Stealth 993 10-29-2007 01:40 PM

I'll go if it's a Saturday, I have a job on Sunday, & I might bring out the fast car, so I can keep up better.

M32911S 10-29-2007 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Stealth 993 (Post 1427927)
I'll go if it's a Saturday, I have a job on Sunday, & I might bring out the fast car, so I can keep up better.

Which one is that, the evo?

Stealth 993 10-29-2007 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by M32911S (Post 1427962)
Which one is that, the evo?

Yup, it's a little over 300whp. :D

M32911S 10-29-2007 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Stealth 993 (Post 1428012)
Yup, it's a little over 300whp. :D

Nice. They are great cars for what they are along with the STi...

atomic80 10-29-2007 06:13 PM

I'll be in California this weekend so I won't be able to join you guys. Next time.

BoxsterGirlie01 10-29-2007 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by atomic80 (Post 1428399)
I'll be in California this weekend so I won't be able to join you guys. Next time.

sorry to hear that you'll miss out jason. i'm hoping to put together a go-kart day in november. hopefully, you can make it! :)

if we do, wade, josh, and myself think we should get to drive the boxsters. close enough to the go-karts. right? ;)

Stealth 993 10-29-2007 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by M32911S (Post 1428392)
Nice. They are great cars for what they are along with the STi...

Accually it's a great car all around, find me another car in this class for $35k?
Selectable AWD, Brembo brakes, Recaro seats, factory shoft shift, awesome clutch & gearbox, factory strut braces, awesome turn in, nice small fat steering wheel, HID, very good visibility, ok MPG, & cheap to modify.

The only downside, is it's not as solid feeling as a German car, & every kid wants to race you.

Forgot, to add, it's better on snow & ice then the Audi!

mitchelrl 10-29-2007 10:14 PM

I tried to drag my buddy out with his Evo 8.

Cascade cage, fully gutted interior, 255's all the way around, full 3" exhaust, cams Vishnu tuning. It supposedly only makes 400 crank, but it's easily sub 3000 pounds.

Jason never wanted to race him =P

The things are so easily tunable ( you can download engine maps ONLINE for those ) and the engine is a long work in progress.

The evo definitely has a leg up on the Suby's right now.

M32911S 10-29-2007 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by mitchelrl (Post 1428888)
I tried to drag my buddy out with his Evo 8.

Cascade cage, fully gutted interior, 255's all the way around, full 3" exhaust, cams Vishnu tuning. It supposedly only makes 400 crank, but it's easily sub 3000 pounds.

Jason never wanted to race him =P

The things are so easily tunable ( you can download engine maps ONLINE for those ) and the engine is a long work in progress.

The evo definitely has a leg up on the Suby's right now.

I've always been more a fan of the STi than the Evo because I love the way STi's sound and I think the interior is much nicer than the Evo 8/9.

Seattle996 10-30-2007 02:08 AM

Hey people, is this little drive still planned for the weekend? I always say I'm gonna come out, then never do. Sorry!! I think it has to do with my age, going out on a Friday night, and then not leaving the couch all of Saturday and Sunday. I know, pathetic... but I'm getting older and slowly wiser. Anyways, is it still on?

Thanks,
Bojan

BoxsterGirlie01 10-30-2007 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Seattle996 (Post 1429130)
Hey people, is this little drive still planned for the weekend? I always say I'm gonna come out, then never do. Sorry!! I think it has to do with my age, going out on a Friday night, and then not leaving the couch all of Saturday and Sunday. I know, pathetic... but I'm getting older and slowly wiser. Anyways, is it still on?

Thanks,
Bojan

hi bojan,

looks like if we have enough interested, it will be on. we had a GREAT drive and turn out last weekend! keep watching the thread, we'll see how many are up for it this weekend. looks like more can do sunday than saturday. and, if someone wants to come up w/ a route.

jody

jags911tt 10-30-2007 10:12 AM

I should be in

jag

Jeffhay 10-30-2007 01:57 PM

I'm in!

M32911S 10-30-2007 02:21 PM

For you tire experts out there: today on my commute to work (Bellevue to Olympia...only for another week though), during the last 2 miles of the drive my car started driving funny. I knew it was one of the tires. I get out to see that my rear right tire (only a month old...Bridgestone Potenza RE050A N0) is flat as a pancake. I hit no pot holes, did not run over anything, etc on the drive to work this morning. I am thinking probably a nail. So I take my car to the nearest decent tire shop between patients (Discount tire). They looked at it and said there is a rip on the inside sidewall of the tire...no nail or anything else to be found. What is the chance this is a manufacturing error? The tire tech told me that sometimes if you run over even the slightest thing that hits the wheel/tire just right it can cause the sidewall to blow or something like that. What is that all about? So now I have to pay $400 for a new rear tire fukin sucks. I am thinking I am going to get road hazard now for all the tires. Any thoughts on this guys? TIA.

BoxsterGirlie01 10-30-2007 02:26 PM

hi jay,

most tires carry a manufactor warranty. i know if you purchase through tirerack, or les schwab, they will cover the tire and replace it for you. granted, they will probably have to order it as your size of tire usually isn't sitting on the shelf. the only time they usually don't cover it if you blew it at the track and/or autoX. they cover it under "natural" conditions. even if the place you bought the tires from is out of town, the tire company should replace it free of charge. especially if the discount tire people contact them and tell them that there is nothing showing on the tire, eg: nails, etc.

it's what i had to do when i slashed two tires on the tour that i did 2 weeks ago.

good luck!

M32911S 10-30-2007 02:43 PM

I will wait and see till the weekend gets here to see what's going on. If the weather is good and if Jess will be studying on Sunday for a while then I will make it. Otherwise I'm out unfortunately.

M32911S 10-30-2007 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by BoxsterGirlie01 (Post 1429894)
hi jay,

most tires carry a manufactor warranty. i know if you purchase through tirerack, or les schwab, they will cover the tire and replace it for you. granted, they will probably have to order it as your size of tire usually isn't sitting on the shelf. the only time they usually don't cover it if you blew it at the track and/or autoX. they cover it under "natural" conditions. even if the place you bought the tires from is out of town, the tire company should replace it free of charge. especially if the discount tire people contact them and tell them that there is nothing showing on the tire, eg: nails, etc.

it's what i had to do when i slashed two tires on the tour that i did 2 weeks ago.

good luck!

I called tirerack and they said it is not covered under the normal warranty. Tirerack has it in stock. All they told me was that they will email me a shipping label so I can send the tire to them for them to examine it. If it is a manufacturing error then they will replace it otherwise I am SOL. I needed a tire today since my 997 is my dd and there is only one place in the entire Seattle area that has the tire in the 295/30 19 size in stock. It is the Firestone dealer in Kirkland and Barrier snatched the last two when I called them this morning to see if they could get me a tire. Problem is I am in Olympia. So discount tire called around and were the ones that found out that a P-car dealer snatched the only two tires in that size just minutes before they called. So then Barrier told me to have Discount Tire in Olympia call them to make arrangements for the tire. Barrier ended up jacking the price on the tire to discount tire, so in the end I am paying more (I bought the rear from Tirerack for $286...Barrier quoted me $339, and since they increased the price to discount tire, I am getting the tire for $295 plus the courier service from bellevue to here...but still cheaper than Barrier). Anyway, a pain in the ass. Who all has purchased road hazard insurance for their tires and did it pay off?

BoxsterGirlie01 10-30-2007 02:59 PM

sorry to hear all of that jay. yep, mine didn't cover it as i slashed the sidewalls on both front and rear tires. the rear was $365 and the front was $270. ouch! i had to drive all the way to fife from redmond to get mine. as for road hazard insurance or XXX, they usually just cover the towing in my experience. not tires. but, i guess it depends on the policy and company. don't worry....as this thread ages, you'll get some feedback from the others. =) i live here. remember? haha! thank god i don't assist in surgery anymore! i'd never be able to sit online! thank god for desk jobs! hahah!

M32911S 10-30-2007 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by BoxsterGirlie01 (Post 1429961)
sorry to hear all of that jay. yep, mine didn't cover it as i slashed the sidewalls on both front and rear tires. the rear was $365 and the front was $270. ouch! i had to drive all the way to fife from redmond to get mine. as for road hazard insurance or XXX, they usually just cover the towing in my experience. not tires. but, i guess it depends on the policy and company. don't worry....as this thread ages, you'll get some feedback from the others. =) i live here. remember? haha! thank god i don't assist in surgery anymore! i'd never be able to sit online! thank god for desk jobs! hahah!

You can supposedly buy road hazard coverage from tirerack, discount tire, etc which covers the tire in the event of a nail going through it, the tire blowing out, wear and tear, etc. It costs around $40 per tire. I am thinking of getting it, just wanna see if others have any experience with this.

BoxsterGirlie01 10-30-2007 03:35 PM

ahem*
jay,
your post count is catching up to mine! haha! okay, you have a little ways further to go...but you are almost ready to call this your vacation home, as i do! wink*

M32911S 10-30-2007 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by BoxsterGirlie01 (Post 1430033)
ahem*
jay,
your post count is catching up to mine! haha! okay, you have a little ways further to go...but you are almost ready to call this your vacation home, as i do! wink*

Naw I won't catch up ever. You are pulling away fast. Got boost?

mitchelrl 10-30-2007 11:24 PM

thank god for 17" rims, it's the only way I can afford to drive on 200 treadwear tires year around.

I don't envy you right now. Considering you paid for 1 tire that I can spend on 3 Falken RT-615's with road hazard.

kunal 10-31-2007 07:57 AM

My car probably won't be done for over a month. So I won't be able to make it... I'm getting a beautiful rental car on Sunday (probably a Kia or something for a month!!).

BoxsterGirlie01 10-31-2007 08:25 AM

*UPDATED* SEE PAGE 1 FOR LIST OF PROBABLY ATTENDEES. ALSO, FOR ROUTE/SOCIAL IDEAS.

CARLOS SAYS HE HAS A ROUTE IN MIND. HE'LL KEEP US UPDATED AND I'LL KEEP THE RUNNING LIST, THE TIME/DAY, AND ALL ELSE UPDATED AS THINGS PROGRESS. =)

HAPPY HALLOWEEEEEEN! (SORRY FOR THE ORANGE FONT...I'M BEING FESTIVE!)

also, bruce suggested that perhaps on sunday, we can do a drive and then go to the autoshow!

lig 10-31-2007 08:00 PM

I'm out. My poor pcar has a tire issue. The good news: Lapping day @ Pacific Raceways on Sunday. Will be there with the S2000 :)

mitchelrl 10-31-2007 08:11 PM

Eh,

I think I'm going to stay home. I'm going to change out my strut hats as I think the bearings in mine are worn since they are clanking when I turn sometimes. If anyone needs garage access this weekend let me know.

Jeffhay 10-31-2007 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by BoxsterGirlie01

weather forecast: saturday pm rain
sunday sunny and dry

todd t.
jody t.
bruce (if car finished)
jag
jay (may make it sunday)
mike (stealth993 new guy..if saturday)
bojan
Jeff Hay
carlos (has some great route ideas!)
Jin (new guy blk 996 may make it)

Aiiigh! The caps make me look all pretentious up there next to the rest of you. Its my old e-mail alias from when I used to work for that little software company out by you; one word. :cool:

Where's the jump off point for this thing? I have a couple walkies I can bring.

cayman07 11-01-2007 12:39 AM

i maybe going !! btw any c/s or c in eastside ??

silversurfer 11-01-2007 03:13 AM

I think I'll be lapping instead....sorry guys...last day of the winter and the Ruf needs her time to stretch her legs a bit.

M32911S 11-01-2007 08:11 AM

So it is on Sat or Sun?