6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Northwest (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/northwest-87/)
-   -   CCR Teaser (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/northwest/126590-ccr-teaser.html)

producerjohn 04-15-2008 05:16 PM

CCR Teaser

Thought you guys might like to see what some of the Beemer folks are up to.

http://www.stefweb.net/Fueled/CCR/CCR-perc.wmv

silversurfer 04-15-2008 06:13 PM

um...it looks like

an MCoupe, Z4, S2000, 350Z, and a C5 Vette with sped up film to make them look like they're driving agressively on public roads....

And with a tagline like "bring your car, your money, and a good lawyer" I can only imagine this is going to be a collection of really safe cars driving at safe speeds on closed roads.:rolleyes:

vincentdds 04-15-2008 06:21 PM

Oooh The Fast and Furious Part 4. I have to pass.

PJS 04-15-2008 06:49 PM

be careful out there fellas... that is some dangerous crap if you are talking about staging some invite only, winner take all, money event on public streets...

the mere fact that you are posting a video "promoting" it makes you liable to some degree I would think... If my idea of what you are promoting is correct.

I think you should rent out the track and do invite only, winner take all, road racing there -- heighten the experience by driving with no lights at night or something...

Man, I am not some namby pamby saftey prick... but just think about what it "looks" like you are promoting...should anything go wrong at your event, all local car enthusiasts will pay a price.

silversurfer 04-15-2008 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by PJS (Post 1798074)
should anything go wrong at your event, all local car enthusiasts will pay a price.

That's a darn good point PJ. As a matter of fact, they will come after all of us (if you're posting it on this forum) if one of you does something stupid. Yes, cops read these boards.

David_J 04-15-2008 07:47 PM

WOW. Please let me know when this happens so I can be sure to stay off the road.

PJS 04-15-2008 08:11 PM

remember when that kid flew his dad's M5 off an airplane runway a few months back... all occupants dead etc..

the media coverage was quoting other posters on the M5 board -- admonising the kid prior to the accident etc

M5 boraders telling him to get and instructor and that his parents were idiots for giving him access to such a high powered car etc..

if you insist on promoting what appears to be "a dangerous rally type of event on public streets" and it is by invite only... why promote it online for all the world to see????

if it truly is invite only, then promote it amongst the invitees... but please if it is what I think it is... re-think the whole idea and take it to the track, for all of our sakes, including yours and the invitees.

I admit, it could be something totally innocent, but it does not appear to be.

There is a time and place for everything... everything.

It is only a matter of time before we are all driving electric cars with RFID chips, getting automatic tickets, every move monitored by police/revenue enforcement etc.. and this only makes their argument stronger.

BE SAFE -- To the track if you have something to prove...

That is all from me... I hope I have offered an alternative perspective worth considering.

BTW -- the quality of the movie clip was very good. Cheers.

Antroiny 04-15-2008 09:49 PM

Wow, if this truely is what it looks like and is portrayed to be, I can't imagine a worse idea. I hope one of the folks "invited" to this goes straight to the cops and gets every participant arrested.

Lame. Seriously lame.

HUMMM 3 04-15-2008 11:01 PM

Looks like the DTM crowd. I recognize some of their cars in the video.

atomic80 04-15-2008 11:27 PM

producerjohn, why don't you go back to DTMPower? It's pretty clear that you and your friends' antics are not wanted here.

ef996TT 04-16-2008 11:35 AM

That Kind of Crap...to stay polite gives all of us a bad name!!!!!

mattkins99 04-16-2008 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by HUMMM 3 (Post 1798606)
Looks like the DTM crowd. I recognize some of their cars in the video.

Lol, Larry can sniff out DTM from a mile away. hilarious

mitchelrl 04-16-2008 04:12 PM

Wow,

The legal liability here is absolutely insane.

Maybe if you stick a tube of KY in your ass now, you can sneak it past the jailers when you are inevitably incarcerated.

Have fun in jail.

willcoxmd 04-16-2008 06:17 PM

I can't imagine that this is real. if it is....stupid....real stupid

Jeffhay 04-17-2008 12:18 PM

Yeah, this is pretty dangerous.

Although when I saw CCR in the thread title, I thought "Keeping Creedence in the car will only get it stolen by nihilists..."