CCR Teaser

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 05:16 PM
producerjohn has much to be proud ofproducerjohn has much to be proud ofproducerjohn has much to be proud ofproducerjohn has much to be proud ofproducerjohn has much to be proud ofproducerjohn has much to be proud ofproducerjohn has much to be proud ofproducerjohn has much to be proud ofproducerjohn has much to be proud of
CCR Teaser

Thought you guys might like to see what some of the Beemer folks are up to.

http://www.stefweb.net/Fueled/CCR/CCR-perc.wmv

Old 04-15-2008, 06:13 PM
silversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to behold
um...it looks like

an MCoupe, Z4, S2000, 350Z, and a C5 Vette with sped up film to make them look like they're driving agressively on public roads....

And with a tagline like "bring your car, your money, and a good lawyer" I can only imagine this is going to be a collection of really safe cars driving at safe speeds on closed roads.

Last edited by silversurfer; 04-16-2008 at 02:34 PM.
Old 04-15-2008, 06:21 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Oooh The Fast and Furious Part 4. I have to pass.

Last edited by vincentdds; 04-15-2008 at 07:53 PM.
Old 04-15-2008, 06:49 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
be careful out there fellas... that is some dangerous crap if you are talking about staging some invite only, winner take all, money event on public streets...

the mere fact that you are posting a video "promoting" it makes you liable to some degree I would think... If my idea of what you are promoting is correct.

I think you should rent out the track and do invite only, winner take all, road racing there -- heighten the experience by driving with no lights at night or something...

Man, I am not some namby pamby saftey *****... but just think about what it "looks" like you are promoting...should anything go wrong at your event, all local car enthusiasts will pay a price.

Old 04-15-2008, 06:54 PM
silversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by PJS
should anything go wrong at your event, all local car enthusiasts will pay a price.

That's a darn good point PJ. As a matter of fact, they will come after all of us (if you're posting it on this forum) if one of you does something stupid. Yes, cops read these boards.

Old 04-15-2008, 07:47 PM
David_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of light
WOW. Please let me know when this happens so I can be sure to stay off the road.

Old 04-15-2008, 08:11 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
remember when that kid flew his dad's M5 off an airplane runway a few months back... all occupants dead etc..

the media coverage was quoting other posters on the M5 board -- admonising the kid prior to the accident etc

M5 boraders telling him to get and instructor and that his parents were idiots for giving him access to such a high powered car etc..

if you insist on promoting what appears to be "a dangerous rally type of event on public streets" and it is by invite only... why promote it online for all the world to see????

if it truly is invite only, then promote it amongst the invitees... but please if it is what I think it is... re-think the whole idea and take it to the track, for all of our sakes, including yours and the invitees.

I admit, it could be something totally innocent, but it does not appear to be.

There is a time and place for everything... everything.

It is only a matter of time before we are all driving electric cars with RFID chips, getting automatic tickets, every move monitored by police/revenue enforcement etc.. and this only makes their argument stronger.

BE SAFE -- To the track if you have something to prove...

That is all from me... I hope I have offered an alternative perspective worth considering.

BTW -- the quality of the movie clip was very good. Cheers.

Old 04-15-2008, 09:49 PM
Antroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant future
Thumbs down

Wow, if this truely is what it looks like and is portrayed to be, I can't imagine a worse idea. I hope one of the folks "invited" to this goes straight to the cops and gets every participant arrested.

Lame. Seriously lame.

Old 04-15-2008, 11:01 PM
HUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud of
Looks like the DTM crowd. I recognize some of their cars in the video.

Old 04-15-2008, 11:27 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
producerjohn, why don't you go back to DTMPower? It's pretty clear that you and your friends' antics are not wanted here.

Old 04-16-2008, 11:35 AM
ef996TT is on a distinguished road
That Kind of Crap...to stay polite gives all of us a bad name!!!!!

Old 04-16-2008, 11:45 AM
mattkins99 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by HUMMM 3
Looks like the DTM crowd. I recognize some of their cars in the video.
Lol, Larry can sniff out DTM from a mile away.

Old 04-16-2008, 04:12 PM
mitchelrl is on a distinguished road
Wow,

The legal liability here is absolutely insane.

Maybe if you stick a tube of KY in your *** now, you can sneak it past the jailers when you are inevitably incarcerated.

Have fun in jail.

Old 04-16-2008, 06:17 PM
willcoxmd will become famous soon enoughwillcoxmd will become famous soon enough
I can't imagine that this is real. if it is....stupid....real stupid

Old 04-17-2008, 12:18 PM
Jeffhay is a splendid one to beholdJeffhay is a splendid one to beholdJeffhay is a splendid one to beholdJeffhay is a splendid one to beholdJeffhay is a splendid one to beholdJeffhay is a splendid one to beholdJeffhay is a splendid one to beholdJeffhay is a splendid one to behold
Yeah, this is pretty dangerous.

Although when I saw CCR in the thread title, I thought "Keeping Creedence in the car will only get it stolen by nihilists..."

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CCR Teaser