Dyno Day October 4th!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 06:02 PM
madflava is just really nicemadflava is just really nicemadflava is just really nicemadflava is just really nice
Good times!! EVERYBODY there was super cool. Thanks for putting this together.

And for my stock numbers, 487HP & 525TQ at the rear wheels! She's healthy!

Old 10-04-2008, 07:20 PM
Boxster Boy is infamous around these parts
Stop bragging! Just because you car had the sound of millions of Oxygen atoms screaming in pain while exuding pure horsepower!

While not half of those number I am still happy with what I got out of an NA 2.7L. (230HP)

Old 10-04-2008, 07:36 PM
madflava is just really nicemadflava is just really nicemadflava is just really nicemadflava is just really nice
Originally Posted by Boxster Boy
Stop bragging! Just because you car had the sound of millions of Oxygen atoms screaming in pain while exuding pure horsepower!

While not half of those number I am still happy with what I got out of an NA 2.7L. (230HP)

lol, it was nice to meet you. And I'd take your car over mine anyday for a mountain cruise.

Old 10-05-2008, 04:07 PM
Redgoat™ is infamous around these parts
That was a blast! Too bad they wouldnt let me run.. but ehh just more time to get a few more kinks worked out.

Old 10-06-2008, 01:02 AM
StorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Redgoat™
That was a blast! Too bad they wouldnt let me run.. but ehh just more time to get a few more kinks worked out.
LMFAO. I don't think it was that bad man! The guy who took your spot had fun getting baseline numbers.

I don't know how much I like the 23% drivetrain loss, but I guess when it's 284HP at every wheel, she seems quick enough for a stock car.

Old 10-06-2008, 03:06 AM
StorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond repute
Some More Pics:

Old 10-06-2008, 03:09 AM

Old 10-07-2008, 08:40 PM
Hanahawaiian is infamous around these parts
mmm.. Pina Motorsport is big DSM/EVO tuning and performance shop.. i went Dyno before i got my baseline pulls for 300ish.. now im over 410whp...

Andre is great Guy! (owner of Pina motorsport) that one who sit in Boxer Black car.

Old 10-08-2008, 10:09 AM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by madflava
Good times!! EVERYBODY there was super cool. Thanks for putting this together.

And for my stock numbers, 487HP & 525TQ at the rear wheels! She's healthy!
So assuming an average of 15% drivetrain loss, this dyno gave your stock car more than 100hp/tq than the factory specs? Must be one happy dyno machine?

Last edited by vincentdds; 10-08-2008 at 10:27 AM.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:06 AM
Originally Posted by vincentdds
So assuming an average of 15% drivetrain loss, this dyno gave your stock car more than 100hp/tq than the factory specs? Must be one happy dyno machine?
Confused? You and me both buddy. And I had about 20 witnesses.

I kinda wish I didn't throw up these numbers because now I have spend money to validate them at the track, get on another dyno etc..

But in the meantime, she feels fast, so that is all that counts.

Old 10-08-2008, 11:30 AM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Not directing at your car. But common sense somehow tells me something is just doesn't add up. I do agree that these dynos can either make you laugh or cry. No worry E55 are very fast cars in my eyes.

Old 10-08-2008, 12:30 PM
Not directing at your car. But common sense somehow tells me something is just doesn't add up. I do agree that these dynos can either make you laugh or cry. No worry E55 are very fast cars in my eyes.
I hear ya. I was suprised with the 3 pulls too. Oh well.

I'll throw her back on the dyno next year, but in the meantime, guys with comparable HP/TQ E55's on mbworld are running mid-high 11's and trapping 123mph+, so if I can do that next Saturday, then I'll be a happy guy!

Old 10-08-2008, 07:33 PM
Redgoat™ is infamous around these parts
My thoughts were originally that the dyno was reading a little on the "happy" side too.. but after watching some pulls on the Stormin's car (stock) he had exactly 23% Drivetrain loss (normal for quattro cars) from the factory horsepower.

Maybe the car was underrated from the factory? I hear that isnt all that rare to have happen in some of the higher end cars.

Old 10-08-2008, 07:52 PM
Some of the tuned cars that ran after Karl and Raceen left also continued to validate the dyno.

A couple of the A4's put down 150HP numbers (right for a nine year old car), James '08 ran EXACTLY what it did on another dyno two weeks earlier, etc... I'm thinking that MB doesn't give the W211 AMG enough credit given that it doesn't want to compete across the line (similar to what's happening with the C63 right now).

Old 10-08-2008, 10:35 PM
Hanahawaiian is infamous around these parts
u have Air fuel Ratio Chart of dyno?