(all porsches) 2009 8th annual SCWDP Rainforest Region Can-Am Round-Up -june 5,6,7

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 03:18 PM
nize is just really nicenize is just really nicenize is just really nicenize is just really nicenize is just really nice
Arrow (all porsches) 2009 8th annual SCWDP Rainforest Region Can-Am Round-Up -june 5,6,7

date for this event is june 5, 6, 7 for 2009 -save the date!

there is no club affiliation for this event and all porsches are welcome to attend.

this is the legendary weekend driving tour through some of the best twisty back roads in the pacific northwest.

there are no additional fees for attending this event, everyone pays their own way. group discounts for the hotel (2 nights) will be arranged, but you can stay at any nearby hotel if you desire.

2009 is america's turn to host this event so this will take place in the states.

================================================== ====
HOTEL INFORMATION: you must call them directly to get the group discount rate for june 5-7. when calling, mention the 'PORSCHE NO GRUPPE' discount. make your reservation today;

best western in colfax (wheatland inn) 509-397-0397

the current discounted rate is $99/night for a room with two queen beds via the porsche nogruppe rate (their regular rate is $110).

update 5/18/2009: i just heard the hotel nogruppe reservation is fully booked.

if you haven't made your hotel reservation by now, you might have to see if you can get a room on your own. you can book directly via their website here (search for 'colfax, washington');
http://www.bestwestern.com/

or here;
http://www.bestwesternwashington.com...tions-lodging/

if you can't get a room at the best western, you might look into the only other hotel in town. be warned, it's not as nice as the best western but there really isn't much of an alternative;
http://www.siestamotelcolfax.com/

Email : siestamotelcolfax@yahoo.com

509-397-3417

615 S. Main Street
Colfax, WA 99111

the other possibility is you might be able to find a place to stay in pullman, which is 30 minutes away from colfax. in any case, let me know how it goes and where you'll be staying if it's not at the best western.

================================================== ====
friday, june 5th, for the convoy over from the seattle area, the meeting place for departure will be triple-xxx rootbeer in issaquah.
arrive no later than 8am with a full tank of gas. we depart at 9am. address for triple-xxx rootbeer:

98 ne gilman boulevard
issaquah, wa
http://www.triplexrootbeer.com/
---------------------------------------------------------------------
for part of this route, we are going to drive across a secured section that is managed by the u.s. army, and they will require a name and license plate number of the car passing.

if you are planning to attend, please PM/email me:
1) your full name as it appears on your drivers license or passport
2) make/model of your car
3) license plate number of your car

i will compile a list and forward it to the army so we can get through as quickly as possible.

attendees confirmed and accounted for:
1-Peter - 951
2-Charlie V - SC
3-Mark -89 carrera
4-Guy - 993
5-john (larry) -997 turbo (HUMMM 3)
6-Ted - 911
7-Tom - 911
8-Gunter - Sorta Carrera
9-Graham - Carrera
10-jason -997 turbo
11-Kevin - Carrera
12-Paul - Cayman
13-Al S - Carrera
14-Ian - Carrera
15-Ross - SC
16-jean -2007 911turbo
17-philip -996 c2
18-Rob (MysticLlama) -bmw m3
19-hans -993
20-Brad K - 356
21-Rolf -997 C2S

attendees not confirmed and missing info (please state if you're attending or not):
Tim - 993
Ray - 928?
Wolfe - Carrera
Don (haycait911) - 911?
Aaron
Rob (911Rob)

this thread and first post will be updated with more info as it develops.

Last edited by nize; 05-26-2009 at 01:37 PM. Reason: no pelicans here
Old 05-05-2009, 03:19 PM
nize is just really nicenize is just really nicenize is just really nicenize is just really nicenize is just really nice
the first year (canada 2002);

the second year (usa 2003);

the third year (canada 2004);

the fourth year (usa 2005);

the fifth year (canada 2006);

the sixth year (usa 2007);

the seventh year (canada 2008);

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 05-11-2009 at 02:02 PM. Reason: I don't care if they do have happy feet
Old 05-05-2009, 08:20 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
Those pictures are amazing! Really beautiful photography. How many cars do you usually have on these tours? Is it typically couples? What type of driving does your group engage in

Old 05-06-2009, 01:58 AM
i would say there are anywhere from 20 to 30 cars that usually attend this event. we try to keep it around that number so the pace can be quicker. this is primarily a driving-oriented event with roughly 6 hours of spirited driving through unpopulated twisty back roads and breath taking scenery each day. to keep things interesting, every year is a completely different route. if you enjoy driving, you will not want to miss this.

the crowd is usually a mix of singles and couples, we don't discriminate and all are welcome.

here are some more photos of past events;

Last edited by nize; 05-06-2009 at 02:03 AM.
Old 05-11-2009, 01:57 PM
here is a sneak preview of some of the roads we will be driving;

banked hairpin turns galore, abundance of hills and valleys, one of the best roads i have driven, and i have driven many. these roads are all connected to a single route;

Old 05-11-2009, 01:59 PM
here's some more photos of the route. it was raining heavily during my test run, but it should be clear, dry, and warm by the time this event occurs;

the sun did peek out for a bit in the evening;

of course, no tour is complete without seeing some water;

Old 05-11-2009, 02:01 PM
notice that there are no other cars on these roads? one 70+ mile twisty stretch was completely devoid of cars, people, or animals. if you love driving on the open roads where no two turns are the same, you won't want to miss this event.

Old 05-11-2009, 05:20 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
i spy a 930 slantnose in the picture! nice!

great pictures! thanks for posting them up! looks like a great trip and great roads!

Old 05-11-2009, 05:31 PM
good eye! that's actually a dp935 which used to belong to pete rose. it has a rich history and loves being driven;

Old 05-11-2009, 05:37 PM
at last year's can-am, there was an EVOMS GT780 TT that also loved to be driven hard;

Old 05-18-2009, 01:00 PM
update 5/18/2009: i just heard the hotel nogruppe reservation is fully booked.

if you haven't made your hotel reservation by now, you might have to see if you can get a room on your own. you can book directly via their website here (search for 'colfax, washington');
http://www.bestwestern.com/

or here;
http://www.bestwesternwashington.com...tions-lodging/

Old 05-18-2009, 01:08 PM
here's some more road shots of the route;

in this one, you can see how steep the road banks through the curve. on the left side the road is almost flat and as it moves to the right you can see more of the road as it banks through;

multiple s-curves throughout;

another example of how the road banks;

back-to-back s-curves with an intensely banked hairpin corner at the far end, and a passing lane in both directions;

Old 05-19-2009, 11:33 AM
grambo will become famous soon enoughgrambo will become famous soon enough
I'm in! Reservation is made and the car is (almost) ready to go!

Old 05-19-2009, 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by grambo
I'm in! Reservation is made and the car is (almost) ready to go!
that's great! don't forget to pm me your information for the army property drive-through! info is in the first post.

Old 05-21-2009, 10:47 AM
attendee list updated. please pm me immediately if your name is not on the list or missing info.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: (all porsches) 2009 8th annual SCWDP Rainforest Region Can-Am Round-Up -june 5,6,7