Across the US in my supercharged R8

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 04:42 PM
Banned
ILLTech Auto is a name known to allILLTech Auto is a name known to allILLTech Auto is a name known to allILLTech Auto is a name known to allILLTech Auto is a name known to allILLTech Auto is a name known to all
Great story. Glad to hear it wasn't too much damage, and no injuries.

(After reading this, I realized the 4 times I have driven across country have gone without a problem...pure luck.)

Old 07-21-2009, 05:11 PM
rutiger is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by vincentdds
Hope to see you there this weekend. Thanks in advance.
do you have a white R8? just so i know who you are. i'll make sure to park way out as the wife has picked up quite a few rock chips in the jeep

Old 07-21-2009, 05:35 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rutiger
do you have a white R8? just so i know who you are. i'll make sure to park way out as the wife has picked up quite a few rock chips in the jeep
Yes the white R8. I park my jeep next to it everyday.

Old 08-30-2009, 06:33 PM
ragdoll will become famous soon enough
What a story gig!

Still looking forward to checking out your car when you're around. I PM'd you my number.

Old 08-30-2009, 08:16 PM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
How did i miss this? AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME! I love road trip pics....and wow what a car to do it in. Sorry about your luck but man seemed like an adventure for sure.

Old 09-02-2009, 11:39 PM
gigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35
How did i miss this? AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME! I love road trip pics....and wow what a car to do it in. Sorry about your luck but man seemed like an adventure for sure.
Thanks a lot, pearlcoupeg35! And sorry to everyone else that posted on this thread, I just noticed that I hadn't subscribed to the thread and wasn't getting notices of replies.

The car runs great. 3200 miles in 45 days with the blower on, including three track days. My track driving stinks though, and I am trying to relearn it with this car. The power curve is so dramatically different than stock.

Old 09-03-2009, 10:24 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Roman, is your car finished and ready for that photo shoot yet?

Old 09-03-2009, 11:54 AM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
I've had 3 experiences driving coast to coast in fun cars and would just like to say that your story is near and dear to me as it reminds me of my own experiences. I always remember thinking "my goodness our country is so huge", particularly on the first day of the drive as I'm struggling to escape the eastern time zone. I'm thankful to have had nothing but tire trouble in my own experiences, and am really glad that you and your R8 made it home largely intact. Thanks for the great story.

Old 09-06-2009, 10:10 AM
Vars is on a distinguished road
Just an fyi that you're totally famous at Barrier. The guys there were telling me about your story like a week after I read about it online.

They said we should go cruising to see how the V10 R8 stacks up against your supercharged one. I'm game as long as you leave the raccoons at home.

Old 09-06-2009, 10:19 AM
gigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond repute
Vars, if you're up for it this is a must-do! I'll send you a PM to see if there is a time/date that works.

I do need to take it over to Barrier as the service dept there hasn't seen it yet in SC form. A few of the guys there wanted to see it post-surgery. University has done all the work on this car since its infancy.

Old 09-06-2009, 01:35 PM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Glad to see it all worked out, your car is gorgeous...hi res photoshoot ASAP please!

Old 04-29-2010, 10:06 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Hell of a story; happy you made it home safely!