Monday, August 24th.....Pacific Grand Prix Track day is scheduled again!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 06:09 PM
warmmilk is just really nicewarmmilk is just really nicewarmmilk is just really nicewarmmilk is just really nice
sounds like my brakes may not be here on time... if thats the case i'll just have to bleed them and take my chances with the stockers...

i'm not sure how i feel about the switcharu though, i just thought of a way to shave off a bit of time, but it won't work going the other way...

Old 08-18-2009, 06:12 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
might as well get the last .00001 millimeters left on them, right? get your money's worth before the switch out! =D

Old 08-18-2009, 06:26 PM
R T
R T is a splendid one to beholdR T is a splendid one to beholdR T is a splendid one to beholdR T is a splendid one to beholdR T is a splendid one to beholdR T is a splendid one to beholdR T is a splendid one to beholdR T is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by warmmilk
sounds like my brakes may not be here on time... if thats the case i'll just have to bleed them and take my chances with the stockers...

i'm not sure how i feel about the switcharu though, i just thought of a way to shave off a bit of time, but it won't work going the other way...

Seriously though, bleed them out with something like an ATE TYPE 200 (or Blue) or a Motul RBF 600 and the stock pads should be OK. This track is way NOT hard on brakes.

Old 08-18-2009, 06:27 PM
warmmilk is just really nicewarmmilk is just really nicewarmmilk is just really nicewarmmilk is just really nice
Originally Posted by BoxsterGirlie01
might as well get the last .00001 millimeters left on them, right? get your money's worth before the switch out! =D
oh i have plenty of pad left, just that the stock system can't take the heat that i put into them. last time they started fading about halfway through each session...

oh well, if not this time (there is still a chance), then i'll have my stoptechs for the next event...

Last edited by warmmilk; 08-18-2009 at 06:30 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by R T
Seriously though, bleed them out with something like an ATE TYPE 200 (or Blue) or a Motul RBF 600 and the stock pads should be OK. This track is way NOT hard on brakes.
i have rbf600 in there right now. it may not be hard on a 2k lb lotus, but its hard on a 3250+myphata$$ z with over worked brakes. its just that the stock brakes can't absorb enough heat, so alot gets transefered to the fluid and its starts fading. the brakes (the non brembo, like i have) are a known weak point when it comes to tracking the z...

Old 08-18-2009, 06:49 PM
HexAngel is just really niceHexAngel is just really niceHexAngel is just really niceHexAngel is just really niceHexAngel is just really nice
Arnon and I did a few test laps clockwise today. Both directions are great; I'll put it to a vote in case most people want to continue going counter-clockwise for whatever reason. If there's no consensus maybe we'll compromise on a figure-8.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDxvknThK9Q

Old 08-18-2009, 06:51 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
todd votes for something new. he says "change can be good!". he's a +1 for clockwise

Old 08-18-2009, 07:09 PM
speedneed is a jewel in the roughspeedneed is a jewel in the roughspeedneed is a jewel in the rough
that didn't look to bad.....let's try it..

Last edited by speedneed; 08-18-2009 at 11:09 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:21 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Still looking for a car where do i sign up........if i can get the time off from work

Old 08-18-2009, 10:39 PM
CrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond repute
^^ Mark, just drop off your Scud with me and use mine

You could also just get one of these... it goes perfect for PGP.

Last edited by CrazyRuskie; 08-18-2009 at 10:44 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:47 PM
i prefer this:

Old 08-19-2009, 12:12 AM
maxrevs is on a distinguished road
It was fun...i have to say. I have to learn new lines all together. Being as old as I am, it will take me all day Monday.

Old 08-19-2009, 11:25 AM
R T
R T is a splendid one to beholdR T is a splendid one to beholdR T is a splendid one to beholdR T is a splendid one to beholdR T is a splendid one to beholdR T is a splendid one to beholdR T is a splendid one to beholdR T is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by warmmilk
i have rbf600 in there right now. it may not be hard on a 2k lb lotus, but its hard on a 3250+myphata$$ z with over worked brakes. its just that the stock brakes can't absorb enough heat, so alot gets transefered to the fluid and its starts fading. the brakes (the non brembo, like i have) are a known weak point when it comes to tracking the z...
You thought about a higher mu pad

My point is, in any car, this track doesn't generate a huge about of energy, if your shiz can't be made to handle this ...... good luck on a "normal" track, Stop-Techs or not ........

Old 08-19-2009, 11:49 AM
its not the pad that fades (and i do have a more aggressive pad), its just that everything else gets so hot that it boils the fluid. based on experience of others, stoptechs with a nice set of pads fixes the problem...

but on this track, its not that bad, i can still stop, just that the pedal gets really soft, enough to hit the floor when i'm braking...

alot of it also had to do with the fact that i'm still running the factory rubber brake lines, i hear stainless lines offer a significant improvement on our cars also

Last edited by warmmilk; 08-19-2009 at 11:55 AM.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:52 AM
mjf
mjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud ofmjf has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by BoxsterGirlie01
The cost will be the same as last time:
$75 morning
$75 afternoon
$125 all day
What times are the morning and afternoon sessions? I'm available from 10-4 so I could possibly come down for an afternoon session.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Monday, August 24th.....Pacific Grand Prix Track day is scheduled again!