10 days, 1000 miles LP550-2 Balboni

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 12:15 PM
Former Vendor
roytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond repute
10 days, 1000 miles LP550-2 Balboni

For Press release and publication

10 Days and 1000 miles in the LP550-2 Balboni

So recently I released my 30 days and 3000 miles in the LP670-4. The LP550-2 is just so gosh darn great I just could not wait 30/3000 on it. So for starters, car driven is a 2010 LP550-2, MSRP $226 and change, 6 speed manual gear box with non CCB brakes. Accepted delivery with 61 miles on it.

If you get nothing from this writing, remember this. In the LP670-4 I have no second thoughts that sooner or later you will end up with a speeding ticket, but in the LP550-2...you will end up with a RECKLESS driving ticket. I enjoy speed and get to as much as I can knowing that there may be chances of a hefty ticket with lots to pay.

The LP550-2, OMG a totally different story. So lets get going.

Lets start with the outside design. Crisp, precise and to the point. The fit and finish is as good as I have ever seen, perfect measurement's all around, paint flawless and just a solid "look at me" I am the top of the food chain in perfection. The stripes are perfect, not a thick applied sticker and painted over, but a complete smooth match to the base body paint. I am convinced unless other wise shown that the stripes are painted on and not an after thought sticker. The rear deck in black gloss with the front diffuser in black gloss are just a final touch of design to the top. Everything on this car just screams put together correctly. The wheels are a perfection in speed at a stopped position, just looking at their design makes you smile as you know they are not standing still for long. The CI center badge along with the new titanium lug nuts is just another sign of getting it right, down to the last little detail. The new design tires are not only perfect function, but their thread and outer wall design AGAIN just match perfectly with the total car lines and the "come catch me if you can" look!!

The exterior lighting is just as close to a rocket ship taking off from a launch pad as you can get. The DRL, (Day Time Running Lights), are straight out of a space age space shuttle. They can be dis-abled with a on/off button on the inside of USA cars, BUT WHY, they just add to this mystical car. The taillights give off a "Bye I am already gone" look with there small wink of a arrow shape. I cant see any reason to ever have these lights in the off position. They just add to the cars over all look, as if a beautiful women with the added makeup and high heels, just pure sexy! Then at night as you come up on a dark area requiring you to activate the High Beams from the low beam HID headlights, well you better have your sunglasses ready..you have just emerged into total DAYLIGHT in the middle of the night!. You will see for miles and miles and miles..out shines ANY OFF ROAD vehicle I have ever seen with all there 10,000K lights all a-top their roll bars.

The interior. I was not sure that the White seat stripe, center dash design in white would work. After seeing it in person it is again just a statement in fine design and what a exotic car should be. The sharp contrast of the White and Black just give off a statement of one off design. A design that only a few would ever enjoy as they would have it custom made, but here it is in a factory OEM state, better than you could ever have after market. All the other features as on the LP560-4 remain the same and are of great value. The Stereo and sound is the best I have ever come across in an Exotic car. As with every new thing to come out you wonder, as some things that happen by pure luck and IMO where never intended in the design...and this has happened with one of the interior upgrades. The added White Stripe in the seat is a GOD SEND. It actually feels great and supports your back. It is raised a bit and has a leading edge on each side, HOWEVER it is almost perfectly placed so as to cause you an almost constant 24 hour massage WHILE holding your upper body in place as you blast this rocket around your solar system.

The glass is crisp and sharp with OEM tint. The up/down Auto features for the window opening is an ease to use and helpful as you want to maintain you fun filled hands on the nice thick comfortable leather wrapped steering wheel. The outer vision with no blind spots is amazing. The few times you may wish to back up, not a problem. With the auto on rear view color camera that displays as good as any HD TV I have in my house. The extra "Camera on" button activation while you are driving is a nice feature. I found it very effective in viewing attractive Lady's behind me at the red light, not to mention you can read their lips...usually something like "WOW that's a Lamborghini!!, followed by a blown kiss"

The engine bay. The added sculpture of fit and finish with space age materials just make the engine bay look cleaner than any 5 star Chef's Kitchen. Neatly tucked into this highly detailed fun box sits the perfectly sculpted 550HP 10 cylinder motor. Yes viewing it threw the glass deck lid is as if peering into a "Luxury Hotel Pool" compound, from behind a locked gate that you are not allowed to be at. Open its cover and you can spend all day with your friends just in amazement of the materials, the details, the finish and the exact fit of a perfect "Lions Heart" for this monster of a car.

Now it is time to bring this sleeping work of art to life! As you turn the key, a rumble of power emits from its newly designed two tip exhaust. It calls out, "Time to play!" You can easily sneak off from your home in the middle of the night, not awaking a soul at under 1500 rpms, till you reach your favorite stretch of roadway.......down goes the right foot and UP goes the very very confident open raw ear bending, neck hair standing sound of HERE I AM! A sound so pleasant that even if not seen, as it is around the corner, just the sound as it approaches is enough to stop anyone dead in their tracks and take a 360 to find the source of this great opera of mechanical music...and with each step up in RPM and power band it just keeps urging you more and more to drop everything you have in your hands and attempt to keep up with, by foot race or chase, you just don't want the song to end.

As you slide through the gears approaching triple digits in blind causing speed, you realize you are NOT on the race trace but on the public street. THIS IS where the "Reckless" ticket comes in. The car is so nimble and re-active to the slightest of request, you just have no desire to slow. With the absolute immediate response from this rear wheel drive wonder you have full confidence that your slice of pie can cut through any opening in all four lanes and be in the front, where it belongs, in mind splitting time. Yes you have to remind yourself you ARE ON a open road and not behind your 360X Box game, but if you where this car would WIN every time no questions asked. The combined weight reduction, the crisp steering, the bear grabbing brakes, the don't let go tire grip, the I am ahead of you exhaust sound, the rocket ship acceleration response......all these lead to a car that just wants and has to be at the lead of the pack. With proper restrain and correct operator operation...it always WILL be.

I am still amazed at my LP670-4, but for less than HALF the price, as tested, this LP550-2 is a car that can not be denied. It is TRULY a every day make me happy car that can be driven with ease and yet at a moments notice throw you into the "super car" realm with-in a blink of an eye. The added perfection in design of a master art work is just an added bonus.

One new feature that has not been advertised on this car, to my amazement, but is of GREAT note. I found out by accident is the Audi inspired "Hill assit". It is only on Manual gear box cars, but what a treat!! It causes for the car to automatically lock the brakes on an incline while you remove your foot from the brake and apply to the clutch and gas to start off. A really neat toy I have come to know and enjoy in the hilly streets of Seattle.

Now of course there are always a so called negativeve in a car. I have found three negatives to this car.

1) You will have to find something else to do with your time and money instead of wasting it on what aftermarket exhaust to put on the car when you get it.

2) The Camera flashes at night, they always remind me of "Red Light" camera ticket places.

3) The sad fact that less than 250 lucky people will get to share this car in their life.

It has been a great and lucky year for me. First the last of the best Flag ship, my 2010 LP67-4 car #12. Now the the chance to be a "little" of the best "Factory Test Driver" of years gone by. The chance of driving my LP550-2. Both of these car are a must have and will just give me that one more reason to get up each day and "Drive them like they were meant to be driven" !!

Roy L. Cats - President
CATS EXOTICS, INC.
1-425-353-2287 Ext #3
1-866-LAMBORGHINI
(526-2674)

Attached Images     
Old 11-17-2009, 11:58 PM
slowv6 will become famous soon enough
nice post, makes me like the LP560-4/550-2 that much more, by the way, thanks again for letting me and my buddy sat in your LP670-4 at the cars and coffee back in Sept.

Old 11-19-2009, 04:55 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
cough cough... gold wheels...

my favorite of the modern lambos by a mile...