Exotics at Redmond Town Center is on for 3-27

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 05:48 PM
cozmo is on a distinguished road
Oh yeah that's the one. Sweet! I must've missed your link. My car is ultra-rare as it is only one of a tiny handful stupid enough to have a front license plate on it.

That blue 997 was the highlight of the day for me. Damn that looks hot.

Old 03-29-2010, 05:50 PM
BTW what kind of lens are you using?

Old 03-29-2010, 06:38 PM
HUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud of
I don't know, if we should all be embarrassed, or not by relegating the two Nissan GT R's to the back lot. After all I was under the impression the lower height cars were to be parked together. There was plenty of room for them.

I hope they come back, because I didn't get a chance to take a look at them or meet their owners.

Old 03-29-2010, 07:20 PM
TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !
The problem is we don't know what will show up and when. We thought we'd have the same two weeks in a row and we just never know. I was the one who parked them and told them that I had no idea what would show up and when that morning. Last week we ended up moving cars around and some didn't like that either. Yea, had we known, we would have put them in the same lot. We could have started another row of taller cars along one wall. As it was, the first lot was eventually full. We could have grouped the second lot a little closer together. We just don't know what's going to show up. I was commenting to a few how many blue cars came this week when two weeks ago we had a lot of red cars. We just don't know from week to week.

I think they would have been fine if more cars showed up. Wait until we start needing the third lot! We also need more volunteers to help us manage the cars as they come in.

Old 03-29-2010, 08:40 PM
DrScoles has a spectacular aura aboutDrScoles has a spectacular aura aboutDrScoles has a spectacular aura about
Bummed I missed seeing the LM. Hope it makes it out again. I was sitting through a boring implant (not the breast enhancing kind) course when you were all looking at cool cars!

Old 03-29-2010, 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by HUMMM 3
I don't know, if we should all be embarrassed, or not by relegating the two Nissan GT R's to the back lot. After all I was under the impression the lower height cars were to be parked together. There was plenty of room for them.

I hope they come back, because I didn't get a chance to take a look at them or meet their owners.
One of them was owned by the same couple that brought the Caterham 7. I chatted with them a bit, I doubt they were offended.

Old 03-29-2010, 11:19 PM
Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cozmo
BTW what kind of lens are you using?
I was using my 24-70 and 70-200 2.8L's this weekend.

Old 03-30-2010, 12:46 AM
I've been using the kit lens that came with my digital rebel since I got it years ago and I'm just now getting frustrated enough with it to want something better. I was trying to play with depth of field on saturday and was just getting frustrated. Being surrounded by Lambos makes me suddenly want to take better pictures.

Old 03-30-2010, 12:54 AM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Hot Shot

I know this car... hmmm....

Old 03-30-2010, 01:01 AM
Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cozmo
I've been using the kit lens that came with my digital rebel since I got it years ago and I'm just now getting frustrated enough with it to want something better. I was trying to play with depth of field on saturday and was just getting frustrated. Being surrounded by Lambos makes me suddenly want to take better pictures.
I'd recommend the 24-70L lens. It's awesome. There's also the 24-105 L with IS that'll work really well also. Depends on how much low light shooting you want to do. The IS will help with that, but the 2.8 is really nice in low light.

Old 03-30-2010, 12:08 PM
Here's my over-photoshopped contribution.

Old 03-30-2010, 02:28 PM
prohydro will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by HUMMM 3

Part of the challenge is the GTR's came as things were filling up, and it gets a little crazy. We had put John A's Shelby GT350 in the other area as well, expecting more muscle cars to show up.

Tommy, Vic and I spoke afterwards, next week we will probably shift some of the parking plans around. It's an inexact science at best, and we're learning week by week

Old 03-31-2010, 03:50 PM
HUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud of
Lightbulb

Tommy, Vic and I spoke afterwards, next week we will probably shift some of the parking plans around. It's an inexact science at best, and we're learning week by week [/quote]

I'm not quite sure why you want all the Ferraris, Lambos, etc. parked together. I can understand having cars grouped by height, but it seems you could make it easier by parking cars of similar height (perhaps a limbo stick to help measure the car heights would help sort this out) without regard to color or marque as they arrived. By mixing up cars in this manner it might promote more social interaction among owners. I certainly don't think this would detract from the photo op's.

Old 03-31-2010, 04:01 PM
TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !
We mix it up Larry. Sometimes we get requests for cars to be together for various reasons, sometimes a progression in time, sometimes, color, brand etc. With the third lot added, we're going to try and come up with a way to get everyone landed easily and still get the photo ops. I don't think there is any magic to the first lot as we've mixed it up before. I always look at the group shots and what causes people to congregate is when we get something rare or unusual. The exotics pull the most spectators because they are seeing some of these cars for the first time. We can put them anywhere. To get people using the third lot we may start in the second and grow in both directions. RTC doesn't want us to put cars in the third lot unless we have to because that's the first lot to be taken down for shoppers. We do need more volunteers.

Old 04-01-2010, 05:21 PM
JFowler is on a distinguished road
I raised my hand to volunteer.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Exotics at Redmond Town Center is on for 3-27