Photoshoot: Porsche Boys goes for a drive!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 01:04 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
LOL Widowmaker X50....Who in the Heck would want 650hp plus in a 911 2 wheel drive. It's death on wheels for all but about 10 drivers in this world.
I am pretty sure a GT2RS could be safely driven to ERTC/car shows/meet ups and on to undisclosed photo shoots without killing anyone...

I mean it has the variable vane tech turbos and traction control now... so largely less lethal than the 996 gt2... no?

Old 05-17-2010, 01:37 PM
Busta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud of
Different Whips my friend. CGT serious machine but mid engine and more manageable by far. gt2rs is asking for death. rear engine is a different animal all together.
You know I'm just giving you grief, Mark. For most people (not including you), either car would be too much to handle, as evidenced by the numerous CGT owners that have wrecked their cars. It's all relative. But I agree, in the 911 platform, that much power is scary. Widow maker indeed.

Old 05-17-2010, 01:54 PM
JT1198 has a spectacular aura aboutJT1198 has a spectacular aura aboutJT1198 has a spectacular aura about
Awesome pics! Thanks for posting.
Now I've got to get one of those car seats for my daughter!

Old 05-17-2010, 02:03 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PJS
I am pretty sure a GT2RS could be safely driven to ERTC/car shows/meet ups and on to undisclosed photo shoots without killing anyone...

I mean it has the variable vane tech turbos and traction control now... so largely less lethal than the 996 gt2... no?
It takes only one push of the "traction off" button for bad things to happen. That's the problem with most modern cars. Too many electronic doodads that serves as as our nanny. Driving the 550 Spyder reminded me just how's were back in those days when men were men and we actually had to know how to drive before getting behind the wheel. Nowadays I swear a 10 year old could drive. Oh wait, the car would be driving for them.

Ok I'll get off my soapbox now.

Last edited by atomic80; 05-17-2010 at 02:20 PM.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:47 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by atomic80
Nowadays I swear a 10 year old could drive. Oh wait, the car would be driving for them.
even the "widowmaker X50" GT2RS?

Old 05-17-2010, 05:15 PM
PORSCHEFREAK has a spectacular aura aboutPORSCHEFREAK has a spectacular aura aboutPORSCHEFREAK has a spectacular aura about
Very very nice, looks like lots of fun

Old 05-17-2010, 09:25 PM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Amazing shots.

Old 05-17-2010, 10:10 PM
Sub4 is on a distinguished road
Good stuff. It looks like you guys went to the Maltby Cafe. Great destination, aside from the dusty parking lot.

Old 05-17-2010, 10:32 PM
Hobby Logger is just really niceHobby Logger is just really niceHobby Logger is just really niceHobby Logger is just really nice
Beautiful pictures of some beautiful cars, thanks for sharing.

Old 05-17-2010, 10:58 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by PJS

not all of us can drive un ending days on the track. I got baseball games to drive kids to and school work to do. maybe when I'm older I can try out the track again

Old 05-17-2010, 11:07 PM
brendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond repute
quick q

great cars, great photos, very cute little girl....

now, where did you get that seat belt cover?

Attached Images  
Old 05-18-2010, 10:05 AM
PJS
not all of us can drive un ending days on the track. I got baseball games to drive kids to and school work to do. maybe when I'm older I can try out the track again
I do not know how you do it... you must never sleep... just the shuttling of the kids and the photoshoot schedule alone would kill a normal human

(for the record... I have not had any track days this year ...
YET )

Old 05-18-2010, 10:45 AM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by PJS
I do not know how you do it... you must never sleep... just the shuttling of the kids and the photoshoot schedule alone would kill a normal human

(for the record... I have not had any track days this year ...
YET )
yep the young kids are easy. They go were you go. 10,12 and 14 year olds a chunk different. Total of 9 baseball practices a week, 8 games minimum per week plus 1 soccer game a week. You've missed no good weather for track so far this year so no biggie. You'll be down in Oregon early next month correct
I'm just a few days behind you trying out that track as well. Maybe if I like it again I'll have 3 or 4 other days down there. You know me I'm scared of being on the track with a bunch of other cars.

Old 05-18-2010, 10:49 AM
PJS
yep the young kids are easy. They go were you go. 10,12 and 14 year olds a chunk different. Total of 9 baseball practices a week, 8 games minimum per week plus 1 soccer game a week. You've missed no good weather for track so far this year so no biggie. You'll be down in Oregon early next month correct
I'm just a few days behind you trying out that track as well. Maybe if I like it again I'll have 3 or 4 other days down there. You know me I'm scared of being on the track with a bunch of other cars.
I am just messing with you...

yes I am trying to get to the track on the 26th of this month and then June 2nd, 3rd and 4th...

Old 05-18-2010, 06:18 PM
kyleblix is on a distinguished road
amazing cars and shots!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Photoshoot: Porsche Boys goes for a drive!