Garage door service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 02:31 PM
seattle_s4 is infamous around these partsseattle_s4 is infamous around these parts
Garage door service

Anyone have a recommendation of a good garage door service company? I've tried Anderson's but they don't work on my brand. I tried getting a quote from Cressy but radio silence. I also tried Complete Equipment but they went dead on me too.

Seems like garage door companies don't need the business??

Old 08-13-2010, 02:52 PM
pcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the rough
What's wrong with your garage door?

I had to do a major haul out service after bought the house, has been 4yrs now; replaced the garage door opener, both springs were replaced. It has been working like a champ!

Oh, I did most of work and my wife being an assistant.

Last edited by pcst; 08-13-2010 at 02:54 PM.
Old 08-13-2010, 04:26 PM
BuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant future
After getting stupid high price quotes from all the "garage" service companies out there, the wife called Sears, came the next morning and fixed it in 30 mins for like $40.

Old 08-13-2010, 08:42 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
We just had both garage doors and openers replaced and are very very pleased with the job and the work (and price). We ended up using RIc's Garage Door Doctor. 425-348-3037. We went with Clopay doors and Liftmaster openers (partly regulated by homeonwer standards).

Old 08-13-2010, 11:00 PM
seattle_s4 is infamous around these partsseattle_s4 is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the responses. As for what's wrong, they've never really been right since I moved in (loud, bent tracks) and now the counter spring doesn't hold when the door is 75% of the way down. I've done a ton of adjusting/fiddling with it myself but now I think I want the pros to come fix it for good.

Old 08-16-2010, 12:56 PM
Airborne Ranger is a splendid one to beholdAirborne Ranger is a splendid one to beholdAirborne Ranger is a splendid one to beholdAirborne Ranger is a splendid one to beholdAirborne Ranger is a splendid one to beholdAirborne Ranger is a splendid one to beholdAirborne Ranger is a splendid one to beholdAirborne Ranger is a splendid one to behold
As a building Engineer, I am always having roll up door issues.. They might not be the cheapest but for skilled doorsmen I use Northwest Door inc. 253-537-2266 set up a schedule with Grace and try to get Ernie- he's the MAN!
-T