Looking for a RV detailer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 11:05 AM
David_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
fords suck lambo oil!

Ford would have gone just as Banko at the time if they hadn't seen what happened to GM getting thrown to the wolves. Ford's time is coming. They are JUST as broke and had Union concessions to keep them going without Bankruptcy for a year or two. They will go bankrupt when the Unions demand their pay and incentives back. Just wait and see.
BTW my info comes from a Ford Dealership owner. He said they are probably DEEPER than GM. Fancy accounting didn't help Enron either.

That is one big setup Dave did you have to get your CDL
I will say that I liked the looks of my Chevy better, but it just sucked at pulling and stopping something this big. Ford got it together with this truck.

The hardest part of buying this was telling my dad. He was a GM dealer for 30+ years and worked for GM for 10+ before that. He even said that I made the right decision. Hey, I still own an Escalade

Old 09-03-2010, 11:08 AM
David_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by PJS
is the trailer a toy hauler in the back? damn that thing is big... (thats what she said)

Great set up for family action packed weekends...
Yep, 14ft garage in the back

Holds all the toys nicely.

Old 09-03-2010, 11:38 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
All I can say is....where the hell do you park those things? The picture of your house (assuming that's yours) with the rigs in front doesn't look like there is much room.

Old 09-03-2010, 11:41 AM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by David_J
I will say that I liked the looks of my Chevy better, but it just sucked at pulling and stopping something this big. Ford got it together with this truck.

The hardest part of buying this was telling my dad. He was a GM dealer for 30+ years and worked for GM for 10+ before that. He even said that I made the right decision. Hey, I still own an Escalade
Yep, 14ft garage in the back
Holds all the toys nicely.
Did you have the Allison Tranny? That trailer is a beast 16k lbs?
Nothing like sleeping with gasoline inside

Nice setup DJ well except the ford emblem

Old 09-03-2010, 11:50 AM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
could you fit a gt3 in there?

that could be a nice ORP set up...

Old 09-03-2010, 12:01 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by PJS

3000lbs behind the back axle

Old 09-03-2010, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by atomic80
All I can say is....where the hell do you park those things? The picture of your house (assuming that's yours) with the rigs in front doesn't look like there is much room.
I don't store it at out house. I have a storage lot I keep it in. Spot is 50ft x 14ft. Plenty for opening up the slides on it and working on it there. I just bring it to the house the day before we go somewhere and get it loaded up.

Did you have the Allison Tranny? That trailer is a beast 16k lbs?
Nothing like sleeping with gasoline inside

Nice setup DJ well except the ford emblem
Yep, had the Allison/Duramax. It was the newer one than yours and had more power, but still not enough. I put the trailer on the scales this past weekend. 18100lbs.

No gas smells inside at all. The garage is completely isolated from the living area. Plus I keep the vents on the side open. Ford emblem doesn't bother me anymore. It did at first, but after our 3800 mile towing trip, I let it slide.

Originally Posted by PJS

No GT3 in there. But it will fit a Mini. We thought about getting a Mini for when we travel the US. Makes for a smaller car to get around after we get to destinations.

3000lbs behind the back axle
The ATVs weigh in at 2500lbs. Plus there is 130 gallons of water and 48 gallons of fuel behind the axle as well. It has it's own fuel pump for all the toys.

Old 09-03-2010, 12:08 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
The ATVs weigh in at 2500lbs. Plus there is 130 gallons of water and 48 gallons of fuel behind the axle as well. It has it's own fuel pump for all the toys.
so 3000 lbs behind the axle then easily... suck it skier

when you are pulling with a freight train, you do not have to consider the behind the axle crap..

Old 09-03-2010, 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by PJS

when you are pulling with a freight train, you do not have to consider the behind the axle crap..
The truck is about 9200lbs with no one in it. It keeps the 18000lbs under control.

I just don't know if the GT3 would fit. The ramp angle is a killer on it. Nothing like my old 24ft enclosed trailer. Maybe a Suzuki Samurai would be a good car to trade the GT3 for. Then you could get the trailer too.

Old 09-03-2010, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by PJS

i never suck what i can't see without optical equipment!

Old 09-03-2010, 12:36 PM
PJS
i never suck what i can't see without optical equipment!
I did not mean that literally - you are gross

turn the binoculars around backwards and then it will look like you could handle it

Old 09-05-2010, 03:16 PM
gigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PJS
daddy wants 3rd row
Whatever, PJ. Mama wants a 3rd row and you know it.

Last edited by gigharbor1; 09-05-2010 at 03:19 PM.