997 Turbo Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 04:06 PM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
997 Turbo Question

What exhaust (if any) are you guys running, or which do you like the best. Are there any I should avoid??

I'm closing in on a Tubi... but there are lots of options out there. Thoughts?

Also, anyone here "chipped"? Which software did you go with and who did it?

Old 09-30-2010, 06:56 PM
HUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud of
Car Graphic from Germany was my choice. I'll probably be at E@RTC this Saturday so you can hear it for yourself. Exhaust systems for these cars all claim some sort of power increase and have different sounds to some extent, but in the final analysis sound is in the ear of the beholder.

Old 09-30-2010, 08:56 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
evoms software is worth checking out - they do fine turbo work

Old 09-30-2010, 11:18 PM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
BBi Autosport exhaust is the finest made system I have seen. They sound GREAT too.

John

Old 10-01-2010, 04:30 PM
Seattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond repute
Try giving Kevin at UMW a call. Hes local to you and I. The guy knows everything there is about Porsches. He is doing my current build.

I believe he has his own custom exhausts.. but can't remember. Call him either way.. friendly great dude.

Bojan

Old 10-01-2010, 09:07 PM
Mini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to all
You have heard our tubi. The only flaw is a little drone 1800-2600rpm. That might be because of the tiptronic transmission. We won't be at RTC tomorrow but we could schedule a time to meet. I think the afternoon is open though. PM me if your interested.

Old 10-01-2010, 10:08 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
I also echo Larry's sentiment. I have the cargraphic in mine and it's one of the best sounding exhausts available for the Turbo at this time. There used to be a website that had sound clips available but there's no substitute for actually hearing it in person. The next best suggestion from me would be the Europipe but they're bloody expensive. There was another one that actually has a dual stage setup where you can switch it from loud to quiet modes at will. I think that one is by 9ff but they're also expensive too.

Old 10-01-2010, 11:33 PM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
Thanks guys.... was about to close the deal on a slightly used Tubi, but the guy doesn't have paypal and I don't think I want to deal with it.

So, now back to the drawing board... might just buy a new one. I'm also looking at Miltek and cargraphic. Just want to listen to some more clips... (or in person would of course be better!)

Old 10-02-2010, 07:33 PM
Mini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to all
Definitely buy a used one. A used exhaust is just as great as a new one, it just has a lower price.

Old 10-02-2010, 08:38 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
Still have my stock exhaust on mine. Not ready to start modding my car - love it just the way it is.

Old 10-03-2010, 12:16 PM
HUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Mini George
Definitely buy a used one. A used exhaust is just as great as a new one, it just has a lower price.
Wrong! There would be no warranty with a used one. The cats went bad on my Cargraphic exhaust, but replacements were covered under the 2 year warranty. The cats would have cost $2K if I had had to pay for them myself plus the labor to install them.

Old 10-03-2010, 01:12 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by HUMMM 3
Wrong! There would be no warranty with a used one. The cats went bad on my Cargraphic exhaust, but replacements were covered under the 2 year warranty. The cats would have cost $2K if I had had to pay for them myself plus the labor to install them.
I have to agree with Larry on this one. It's definitely worth it to spend the extra money for the peace of mind that comes along with the warranty coverage.

Old 10-03-2010, 09:16 PM
Originally Posted by atomic80
I have to agree with Larry on this one. It's definitely worth it to spend the extra money for the peace of mind that comes along with the warranty coverage.
Yeah probably not a bad idea for sure. Jason, is your car lowered?? Something else I was considering but don't know if I want to mess with Porsche's setup.

Old 10-03-2010, 09:31 PM
Yes, my car is lowered a bit and so is Larry's. His car is identical to mine.

Old 10-03-2010, 09:40 PM
Originally Posted by atomic80
Yes, my car is lowered a bit and so is Larry's. His car is identical to mine.
You guys do coil overs or just springs? I think I'm going to pick up the miltek, I like the sound of it and I also the enjoy the one on my S4.

I think I'm also going to do the thicker steering wheel and gt2 side skirts as well. That should keep me busy the next few months.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 Turbo Question