Need some input about a couple of Bellevue High schools

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 11:48 PM
mr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to behold
I would gladly answer any question you have. Just PM and I'll forward you my info.

Old 12-06-2010, 11:52 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks, PM sent.

Old 12-07-2010, 07:48 AM
ivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to beholdivangene is a splendid one to behold

hello Amar

Old 12-07-2010, 09:10 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
I think I'm the only one here who went to Bellevue High. They've consistently been rated in the top percentile as far as education quality goes but they are long overdue for a remodel. I keep hearing rumors that it's due to happen sometime soon but more rumors have it that's been put on hold due to budget cuts. That doesn't prevent them from providing a good education because they do have good teachers working there. I know, because I went there. I felt challenged academically by every teacher I had back then.

As a byproduct of BHS, I can tell you that the social atmosphere was pretty brutal over there. I know that's the flip side of the coin here but it's something to consider for your girls. Maybe things have changed since then...it has been almost 20 years since I last went there after all.

Last edited by atomic80; 12-07-2010 at 09:12 AM.
Old 12-07-2010, 06:54 PM
JFowler is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Seattle996
I went to Monroe High.. wonderful school with a State Penitentiary in a picturesque view right behind the high school and middle school. Makes you want to study hard..

Great prices out in Monroe/Gold Bar/Sultan area..

hehe..
Bojan
So did I all 12 years. 1988 grad. I now live in woodinville and my youngest is in the northshore district. That's Jr.Thug. if your concerned about home prices google washingtons wealthiest zip codes. Zillow uses this for home price means

Old 12-08-2010, 12:02 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JFowler
So did I all 12 years. 1988 grad. I now live in woodinville and my youngest is in the northshore district. That's Jr.Thug. if your concerned about home prices google washingtons wealthiest zip codes. Zillow uses this for home price means
He pointed out that Northshore would be too far out of the way for him...Monroe would be even further out of the way. Stick with Bellevue/Issaquah, guys.

Old 12-08-2010, 12:16 AM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ivangene

hello Amar
What !!! What are you doing here....wow 846 posts...Oh ! those 996 days huh. Ed, I wanted to email you one of these days on the Eastgate corridor schools. I will be call you on of these days on the phones.

Yes guys as Jason pointed out it is only between Issy and Bellevue. The more I look at homes in Issy ... I am finding out that you can get a much nicer home for 100 to 130 K less compared to Bellevue. My little research shows that the Pinelake Middle and Skyline High are one of the top schools in WA. So there will not be much of a compromise at all when it comes to Issy vs Bellevue Schools. So I can get a home in Issy, and then get a 997.2 turbo with that $$ saved on the Issy home (when compared to Bellevue) ANy thoughts on the above schools ?

Old 12-08-2010, 12:44 AM
Peter1.8t has much to be proud ofPeter1.8t has much to be proud ofPeter1.8t has much to be proud ofPeter1.8t has much to be proud ofPeter1.8t has much to be proud ofPeter1.8t has much to be proud ofPeter1.8t has much to be proud ofPeter1.8t has much to be proud ofPeter1.8t has much to be proud of
Skyline is a great school from what I hear, I went to Bothell High School myself (Graduated 09), I had many friends that went there, and most of them had only good things to say about the school. Lots of different clubs and activities. Not sure if your girls play any sports but, Skyline is big into their sports. All of their teams almost always end up going to the playoffs, if not taking state.

They have a running start program that lets them take classes at Bellevue College if your girls are interested in taking college classes in high school. Its challenging, but well worth it in the long run.

Old 12-08-2010, 09:19 AM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
sell the cars
send them to private school
live wherever you want

:-)

(easier said than done for sure)

Old 12-08-2010, 09:29 AM
Originally Posted by PJS
sell the cars ,send them to private school
live wherever you want ... (easier said than done for sure)
Trust me. Don't think that I am sending my kids to public schools as I am sensitive to the cost of tuition. That is not my worry at all. I strongly believe in public schools and more strongly desire driving Porsches

Peter 1.8, thank you for your input. Skyline is also rated very well by the Fraser institute:
http://washington.compareschoolranki...olsByArea.aspx

Old 12-08-2010, 09:43 AM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
here are some statistics put together about local private and public schools in an easy to swallow chart for your reference -- current issue of Seattle Met magazine... which I know is not deep deep journalism BUT these statistics are likely failry easy to put together

see attached

and a link for national merit semifinalists by school -- just one piece of a very large puzzle but an indicator worth looking at imho

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...alists10m.html

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
1210-high-schools-chart-high.pdf (722.0 KB, 226 views)

Last edited by PJS; 12-08-2010 at 09:53 AM.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:56 AM
PJS, I did get that magazine off the stands last week but thank you very much for that link on the national merit scholarship program. No surprise that Garfield and Newport have 20 semifinalists.

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 12-08-2010 at 11:17 AM.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:03 AM
PJS
no problem at all and good luck making a selection etc.

Old 12-13-2010, 05:05 PM
grambo will become famous soon enoughgrambo will become famous soon enough
1 vote for Overlake.

Old 12-13-2010, 05:42 PM
PJS
Originally Posted by grambo
1 vote for Overlake.
Commonly referred to as Overbake

In all seriousness -- Overlake is a great school and would be my first choice in private if I was on the eastside.