Countach Exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 07:54 PM
Jalpa_Mike is a jewel in the roughJalpa_Mike is a jewel in the roughJalpa_Mike is a jewel in the rough
Countach Exhaust

I just realized I hadn't posted the news here yet!

I got my new Quicksilver Sport Exhaust a couple weeks ago. Very, VERY easy to install! I dry fit the entire system so I could figure out which of the two connector pipes (out of the 4) would be the best to mount the O2 Sensors on. Once I had those marked, I took them down to my local exhaust shop where he drilled 2 holes and welded the bungs on. I then mounted them back onto the headers and screwed in the O2 sensors.

The only other "cutting" I had to do, was trimming the 2 longer connector pipes about 1 1/2" so the exhaust would line up evenly with the rear bumperette's. Otherwise, the pipes stick out about 2" beyond them.

After everything was in place and torqued down, I drove the car down to the exhaust shop and had the 2 side mount braces welded on and connected back to the side "spring dampening" mounts.

The sound is INCREDIBLE!!!!! Not to mention the HUGE difference in weight!!! Note the total weight of each system. The Quicksilver shaved off nearly 40 lbs!!!!!

Video of the old OEM ANSA Exhaust:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3vrq...layer_embedded

Video of the new Quicksilver Sport System:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqlLE...layer_embedded

Mike

Attached Images      
Old 03-17-2011, 10:54 PM
DavisM2 is on a distinguished road
Wow, that is a HUGE improvement in sound quality over stock! And it looks great saving 40 lbs isn't bad either...

Old 03-18-2011, 11:23 AM
flyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to behold
Sounds and looks really good. Congrats!