Shelton Track Arial footage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 09:39 PM
Bleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond repute
Old 05-15-2011, 09:41 PM
Bleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond repute
There are two vids there. Couldn't get the first one to embed.

enjoy.

Old 05-16-2011, 11:48 PM
cbzzoom is an unknown quantity at this point
This is freaking awesome. They need to hurry up and finish it, I am *SO* sick of Pacific Raceways.

Old 05-19-2011, 04:04 PM
Byeyu is on a distinguished road
Does the land clearing and grading appear to be on schedule to meet the proposed August date?

Old 05-19-2011, 04:11 PM
Another quick question.... race fuel on site? I think I read that will be the case. Trick Fuel (Sonoco) 110 octane unleaded or a different version? Thanks

Old 05-19-2011, 07:29 PM
TRMG will become famous soon enough
Ahead of schedule right now, sinking dragstrip next week.

Fuel onsite will be either Sunoco or VP, they are duking it out right now.

We expect to hit the deadlines, but, well, sh*t happens

RP

Old 05-19-2011, 08:52 PM
That is awesome! Anyway that I can be of assistance let me know. More than happy to help.

Old 05-21-2011, 07:00 PM
gigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond repute
Rod,
Best of luck as you develop the track this summer. Maybe it's too early to say, but do you think you'll be open for private rentals (non-club, non-pro) later this summer?

Roman

Old 05-22-2011, 01:56 AM
VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !
Love the sound track...pretty amazing. Never considered myself to be a "tree hugger" until seeing the massive amount of human induced devastation. I'm sure once its done it will be a thing a of natural beauty and have a very serene feel to it, like it belongs there...like Spa-Francorchamps.

What's the lap length, number of turns, and longest straight going to be?

Last edited by VID997; 05-22-2011 at 02:01 AM.
Old 05-22-2011, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by gigharbor1
Rod,
Best of luck as you develop the track this summer. Maybe it's too early to say, but do you think you'll be open for private rentals (non-club, non-pro) later this summer?

Roman
Roman, we will have to wait and see. The road course demand has been off the charts (well, so has the drag strip) but we plan on having at least one open track day (in other words, non club, the Ridge will put the day on) however, it looks like it is shaping up to be a first come, first serve kind of deal.

2012 prime season appears to be sold already, so we have to give return customers prioity. My intention, however, is to get as many lapping days in as is humanly possible until the rains just won't let us run. We will also have events during the winter, with the "three day weather" warning, in that if you are able to attend a last minute track day, we will put you on an email list and send it out three days before the weather break.

We will also be running an "intentional rain" program at this track. It drains extraordinarily well, and we have pletty of run off, so rain skills will be emphasized. Half day on the skid pad, half day on the track.

VID, the road course is 2.42 miles, has 16 turns, 500 hundred (yes 500) feet of elevation change, and the longest straight if we do not run the chicane is 2,800 feet. Our trajectroy and speed calcs show that in our groundpounders (I race a late model stock car on the road course, we're known as groundpounders) we should hit about 170 before turn 1. Chicane involved, and were back to a respectable 150 or so. Plenty fast to make your hair turn grey.

RP

Old 05-22-2011, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by VID997
Love the sound track...pretty amazing. Never considered myself to be a "tree hugger" until seeing the massive amount of human induced devastation. I'm sure once its done it will be a thing a of natural beauty and have a very serene feel to it, like it belongs there...like Spa-Francorchamps.

What's the lap length, number of turns, and longest straight going to be?

I know if you don't live in the Northwest that the logging operation looks to be devastating, but what most folks don't realize is that trees here grow like grass in other parts of the world. The timber land to our east is 35 years old and scheduled for harvest in 5 more years. This will be its fourth cutting. (However, we have it optioned and will probably do what is known as a "park cut" which is what we are doing with the road course woods section).

We have about 20 old growth trees that will remain. These are on the order of 300-400 years old. The problem is, old growth reaches a state where it rots from the inside out, and can be quite dangerous. We were required to drop one of the old growths the other day, it was just too close to the drag strip shut down.

I stopped counting tree rings at 400. And the funny (or sad) thing is, that big old tree cannot even be used for lumber. So, we will turn it into art at the track.

RP

Old 05-23-2011, 01:05 PM
Plus it is pretty hard to slalom old growth trees at 150 mph!!!! Question: How do we know when TRMG will have an open day? I am a local and would love to get on the course whenever I can.
Thanks and the site is looking great!!!!!!

Old 05-23-2011, 09:19 PM
Watch the website for details, and see post above, we are hoping to get some rounds in mid September.

I too am an Olympia dweller, as a motorsports enthusiast, I feel your pain here in greenerville.

RP