Clear bra installation questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-25-2012, 12:59 AM
ed03feng will become famous soon enough
Clear bra installation questions

Greetings everyone! I am back to the Bay Area after spending last 4 years in the Seattle area meeting many of the great people in the NW. Since I am in CA, I got myself an 08 Scuderia to enjoy this wonderful weather (well, although it was not nice lately.) Anyway, I had my Scuderia getting a full wrap using Xpel Ultimate (self healing). When I got the car back today, I wasn't happy at all. The film was not tucked in and the cut on the edge was not straight. The installer claimed that the film was not able to tuck in due to lack/not enough clear coat on the car to help the film sticking on/staying down. So here is my question. Does the clear coat thickness has anything to do with the film being able to stay down? I had many cars getting wrap before. This is the first time I heard this being the reason. I am hoping/giving a chance for the installer to make it right so I am keeping this company's name confidential for now.

And for those Scuderia owners with clear bra on the front bumper, do you have the front bumper covered under 1 piece or multiple pieces? If in 1 piece, any issue for the curve and coverage area of the front intake? The installer had it done in 3 pieces ( 2 pieces under the front 2 intake areas as a relief cut since the Xpel is hard to be bent 90 degree he claimed). For those with full wrap, what would be the proper/preferred way to wrap the rear quarter panels since they are attached to the roof top as 1 piece. Mine is done by having a seam at the end of roof and another piece connecting the quarter panel.

Old 12-25-2012, 11:23 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
Bad install all around. The installer does not have the larger film which costs more.

I would go to omega werks in Pleasanton. Installer is more important than the film. Prep, experience and skill are key here.

Old 12-25-2012, 09:20 PM
ptmobile is a glorious beacon of lightptmobile is a glorious beacon of lightptmobile is a glorious beacon of lightptmobile is a glorious beacon of lightptmobile is a glorious beacon of light
Pics would help out a lot. Without any its hard to comment on.