Portland area DEQ

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 01:27 PM
Miss J is on a distinguished road
Portland area DEQ

I was wondering if any of the PDX members could give me some advice. I was wondering how long a trip to the DEQ normally takes. I have one day to get two cars checked and go to the DMV and register them. Sounds like a nightmare but it's what I have to do.

I'm in the Hillsboro area and the DEQ is right down the street so at least it's not much of a drive but I'm just wondering if I'm in for multiple hours per car.

Old 08-04-2013, 11:50 AM
pukicabuki has much to be proud ofpukicabuki has much to be proud ofpukicabuki has much to be proud ofpukicabuki has much to be proud ofpukicabuki has much to be proud ofpukicabuki has much to be proud ofpukicabuki has much to be proud ofpukicabuki has much to be proud of
It can take a long time during peak hours. If you go in when most people are working during the week it can be pretty quick. I've gone in on a Tuesday afternoon and been in and out in 15 minutes. I've only ever been to the Hillsboro DEQ.

Old 08-20-2013, 11:50 PM
Korntera has a spectacular aura aboutKorntera has a spectacular aura aboutKorntera has a spectacular aura about
I took my Lotus to the clackamas station today at 4PM and was done in less than 15 minutes.

Old 08-29-2013, 03:18 PM
eVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant future
A couple of the DEQs have traffic cams as well. I always am amazing how fast they roll through. Hillsboro is the biggest one I have seen. Pick you time right and you through in a few minutes.

Old 09-02-2013, 12:01 AM
Miss J is on a distinguished road
I went a month ago

The Miata was a breeze. I sat for a little while but the weather was great. Hooked her up, passed and was good to go. She's plated, registered and all kinds of legal.

The Porsche was a different story. The employees weren't too helpful and no one would really put any effort into helping getting the engine cover off to show the emissions sticker. I didn't realize it before or I would have already had it off when my turn came. They sort of shooed me off and gave me some paperwork. Went to the DMV and filled out everything. Sent it in and am on a temp tag for now. Hoping to get something soon. My GA tag expired last week on my birthday and my temp only has a couple of weeks left. I may have to go get my second allowed one. Ugh, not fun. I guess I didn't realize they would treat the cars differently. I thought they would just plug in to the OBD2 and that was that.