XPel Ultimate install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 07:06 PM
Sendero is a name known to allSendero is a name known to allSendero is a name known to allSendero is a name known to allSendero is a name known to allSendero is a name known to all
XPel Ultimate install

Anyone have experience with Auto Armor NW or Metropolitan Detail on installing the XPel Ultimate clear bra? Have a '14 Boxster S that I should be getting this week and want to have clear bra installed. One of the two listed above is about 80% more than the other in cost so I'm curious as to any experiences and why there may be the cost difference. Auto Armor notes they have an installer with 12 years experience and hundreds of Porsche install. Would like to save the $$ if possible but not at the expense of the appearance of the basalt black metallic Boxster.

Old 08-07-2013, 12:44 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
Metro (john and benjamin) completely wrapped my RS in xpel ultimate

Metro: just great guys, easy to deal with, great install, loaner cars, etc... my experience on several cars and my past enclosed trailer has been great... they are not cheap nor should they be... there is a reason they are very busy.

Xpel ultimate: no better film that I am aware of... mine is essentially only used at the track now where it takes a good beating of bugs and tire rubber etc. It cleans up pretty well and is protecting... the self healing feature is very cool... swirl marks go away when you apply a little heat... I had another clear wrap on my car before the xpel and it yellowed (I think it was venture shield) and metro took care of it and offered some xpel replacement...

If you just want pre cut 3m crap stuck on the front of your car you can go anywhere of course... but xpel ultimate installed expertly, I would have no reservations about using metro.

Last edited by PJS; 08-07-2013 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Benjamin instead of just Ben... he likes Benjamin
Old 08-07-2013, 01:05 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Metropolitan detail's intalls are second to none. I have travelled 300 miles each time to have 5 cars wrapped by Benjamin et al. Yes you pay more for their services but you would be looking at their work of art every time you drive your car and thank yourself for giving your car the best wrap job it can ever get. Claiming decades of experience is something and countless **** customers who are 100% satisfied is a different thing. You chose which one you would pick.

Old 08-07-2013, 01:12 PM
JFranklin will become famous soon enoughJFranklin will become famous soon enough
Metro Xpel Installation

Hi, and congrats on the Boxster. I am on the hunt to ad one of those to my garage.

I have been having Metro Detail wrap my vehicles since they were located in Lynnwood. Gladly, they moved right around the corner from me on Bel Red Road. Benjamin is the ultimate professional vinyl installer and has several extremely competent associates. Please visit their shop and get the tour and you will be impressed. They have wrapped my 997 TT (also with some added accent vinyl) and most recently my new Cayenne S. If you would like to see either one of mine, please ask and I'll be glad to meet you there.

As a side note, I hope you decide to have the whole front end covered with the Xpel. The Basalt Black Boxster is a beautiful color and will always look great.

Old 08-14-2013, 07:36 AM
Seatactony is on a distinguished road
You might also want to try NW Auto salon. Blake over there is a terrific guy and their installs are legendary (and less pricey than Metro's).

Had mine there this week: http://instagram.com/p/c7qpEasDEd/

Old 08-22-2013, 05:12 PM
Sendero is a name known to allSendero is a name known to allSendero is a name known to allSendero is a name known to allSendero is a name known to allSendero is a name known to all
Thanks all. I'll followup with metro and NW Auto Salon!