Tire Shop

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 04:23 PM
New991S is on a distinguished road
Tire Shop

Hi Guys - just got new BC forged rim and is looking for a place on the Eastside with a touch less rim mounting system to put tires on and mount the rims on the car.

Any recs - I was going to go down to the local Discount Tires but don't think that is a good idea with my C2S.

Thanks

Old 11-06-2013, 06:00 PM
JFranklin will become famous soon enoughJFranklin will become famous soon enough
TruLine Bellevue

I highly recommend TruLine in Bellevue on 130th, just north of Bel Red Road. Byron is extremely professional and has been doing this for a lot of years. His shop manager, Pete is very good as well. There is a lot to know about mounting the high performance tires and getting a good balance. You will not be disappointed with their quality of service.

Old 11-07-2013, 08:19 AM
JohnCh is on a distinguished road
Second the recommendation on TruLine. I've been going there for several years and they do a great job, with excellent attention to detail.

-John

Old 11-07-2013, 10:09 AM
New991S is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by JohnCh
Second the recommendation on TruLine. I've been going there for several years and they do a great job, with excellent attention to detail.

-John
Excellent, thanks guys. Going to swap out the summer tires and put that on the BC forged and put Pirelli winter on the factory rims.

Old 12-01-2013, 07:17 PM
WhippieDaddy is on a distinguished road
Tru-Line is great...

Just had my winter wheels/tires put on by Byron. They've been doing this for the last two years for me, around November (for winter tires) and April (for summer tires). I have complete confidence in their work - they're very conscientious and thorough.

The Discount Tire shop down the street from Tru-Line has done work for me in the past. One of my winter rear tires was flat and Barrier Porsche suggested I take it down to Discount to repair (Barrier doesn't do tire repair). I took the tire there and they actually punctured its sidewall when working on it. Hence they ended up buying me two new rear tires for free. Anyway, when they got the tires in (they had to order them), I brought the car in and was waiting for the work to be completed. I watched an Audi A6 being serviced, with the tech struggling to get off the right front tire. It wasn't going well so the tech eventually kicked the tire to loosen it, after which he managed to get it off.

That alarmed me and I went back to their service advisor and asked him to confirm that they had done work on cars with PCCB. He said yes, so I let them do the work. The job went fine and my tires were put on without incident. However, after seeing that type of thing, I make it a point to NOT go there when I have tire issues.