Other Italian Supercars Alfa 8C, Pagani Zonda, Cizetta etc.

Pagani Huayra revealed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 10:12 AM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Old 03-01-2011, 10:18 AM
tranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of light
It doesn't look different enough to warrant a new name.

Old 03-02-2011, 02:58 PM
FadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of light
I'd buy one, but somehow I doubt I could get out of it inside my garage. That's the only reason, apart from the money...

Old 03-03-2011, 04:24 PM
jpohl402 will become famous soon enoughjpohl402 will become famous soon enough
great thread....

Old 03-05-2011, 10:29 AM
stradaONE8 is a jewel in the roughstradaONE8 is a jewel in the roughstradaONE8 is a jewel in the rough
I prefer the later iterations of the Zonda in terms of looks. I'm sure the motor is just stunning in this however.

Old 04-13-2011, 03:45 AM
African Hunter will become famous soon enough
Love it! Is that a..um...ac vent right by your.... crotch?

Old 04-13-2011, 10:45 AM
rayman89 will become famous soon enough
Its Brilliant

Old 04-13-2011, 12:07 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by donahdi
Give it some time, the new front end will grow on you..
i am in the same boat...time will tell.

Old 05-05-2011, 04:29 PM
Former Vendor
Mike@Vossen is a splendid one to beholdMike@Vossen is a splendid one to beholdMike@Vossen is a splendid one to beholdMike@Vossen is a splendid one to beholdMike@Vossen is a splendid one to beholdMike@Vossen is a splendid one to beholdMike@Vossen is a splendid one to behold
I will die once I See this car in person.

Old 05-19-2011, 10:00 AM
Hector-PRAC has a brilliant futureHector-PRAC has a brilliant futureHector-PRAC has a brilliant futureHector-PRAC has a brilliant futureHector-PRAC has a brilliant futureHector-PRAC has a brilliant futureHector-PRAC has a brilliant futureHector-PRAC has a brilliant futureHector-PRAC has a brilliant futureHector-PRAC has a brilliant futureHector-PRAC has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by krpt176
I'm surprised the test driver wasn't made of carbon fiber
LOL!!! seriously that car is in another level out this planet

Old 07-10-2011, 06:42 PM
GSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to all
I have to hand it to Pagani, they really do build some exquisite machines. No diggin' the front end either, but the rest of the car is beautiful.

Old 07-13-2011, 07:46 PM
Nthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to behold
Amazing, but I wish the styling was a little less.... wavy? I wonder if that's the word I'm looking for....

Old 08-06-2011, 05:05 AM
SRoser has a reputation beyond reputeSRoser has a reputation beyond reputeSRoser has a reputation beyond reputeSRoser has a reputation beyond reputeSRoser has a reputation beyond reputeSRoser has a reputation beyond reputeSRoser has a reputation beyond reputeSRoser has a reputation beyond reputeSRoser has a reputation beyond reputeSRoser has a reputation beyond reputeSRoser has a reputation beyond repute
Some videos. There's a good bit in the 2nd video where the Huayra puts its foot down and leaves the C12S standing.

http://www.evo.co.uk/videos/planetev...he_scenes.html

Old 08-07-2011, 09:05 PM
ENVē is a jewel in the roughENVē is a jewel in the roughENVē is a jewel in the rough
I like the Zonda so much more but anything with the Pagani name is extravagant

Old 08-13-2011, 01:30 PM
vizionclk430 has a spectacular aura aboutvizionclk430 has a spectacular aura aboutvizionclk430 has a spectacular aura about
http://money.cnn.com/2011/08/09/auto...#disqus_thread
NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Italian automaker Pagani was to begin selling its $1 million, 700 horsepower Huayra supercar in the U.S. later this year but federal safety regulators have said "Not so fast."
Pagani had applied for an exemption from federal auto safety rules requiring child-safe "advanced" airbags, arguing that complying with the rule would have caused "substantial economic hardship," according to documents from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
NHTSA denied the request, essentially blocking the car from sale in the U.S., because Pagani failed to show that installing the airbags on the twin-turbocharged 12-cylinder carbon-titanium car would cause the company undue financial strain. Also, the Italian carmaker didn't show that serious efforts had been made to comply, the agency said.
The auto safety agency sometimes grants temporary exemptions from specific safety rules, especially for automakers that plan to sell only a small number of cars.
Pagani created the Huayra as part of the automaker's plan to break into the U.S. market. The car was engineered and crash tested to meet safety standards in both the U.S. and Europe, the automaker had said in February.
Unlike Lamborghini which is owned by Volkswagen (VLKAF) and Ferrari which is part of Fiat (FIATY), Pagani is a small independent automaker. With a total of only 60 employees, Pagani's small factory can only produce so many of the largely hand-built cars.
Initial sales in the U.S. were to be limited to about fivecars a year during 2012, the automaker said in February. After that, a planned factory expansion would allow for sales of as many as 10 cars a year here.
Pagani says it made the request for an exemption three years ago but the decision from NHTSA came just as Pagani was preparing official unveiling ceremonies in the U.S., the first of which took place in Los Angeles last Thursday.
Pagani is worried that NHTSA's denial will hurt the company financially. "Our having seven events in the U.S. very much impacts the budget of our small company."
NHTSA did not immediately respond to CNNMoney's request for a reaction to Pagani's complaints.
Pagani insists it will sell the car here, just not in 2012 as it had planned. The Huayra will now go on sale some time in 2013, Pagani spokeswoman Sanaz Bakhtiari said.
Engineers are working on an advanced airbag system that will work in the car, the carmaker said in a statement.
Advanced airbags are designed to sense when children or small adults are in the vehicle and adjust the force with which they deploy accordingly. Early airbags were found to injure -- and even kill -- small children.
Much of the Huayra's structure, particularly the area around the driver, is made from a strong, lightweight material called carbon-titanium. The fuel tank, made from "different composite and ballistic materials," is integrated into the body just behind the cabin, according to the company.
At about 3,000 pounds, Pagani boasts that the Huayra is the lightest car in its class, enabling it to go from a zero to 60 miles per hour in about 3.5 seconds.
With it's seven figure price tag the Huayra would have competed in the rarified pricing sphere of cars like the Bugatti Veyron which is finishing its sales run just as just the Huayra was preparing to enter the market, or the quickly sold out Lamborghini Reventon.
The Huayra, pronounced "why-rah," is named after the ancient Andean wind god Aymara Huayra Tata

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pagani Huayra revealed