Stelvio reviews are good, but... - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

Other Italian Supercars Alfa 8C, Pagani Zonda, Cizetta etc.

Stelvio reviews are good, but...

Old 07-06-2017, 07:14 PM
6Speed Town Crier

Johnny Mayday is an unknown quantity at this point
Stelvio reviews are good, but...

Think Alfa will last in the States? I just don't them succeeding. I mean, a lot of journalists have professed to love the new cars like the review on the HP but there have been notable reports of breakdowns and issues with the new Alfa product. Would you take a chance on one?
Old 07-07-2017, 07:22 PM
6Speed Town Crier

Johnny Mayday is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd likely lease, but not buy, an Alfa product...
Old 10-23-2017, 06:09 PM

mpatrizio is on a distinguished road
I leased a Selvio Ti for my daily driver. I absolutely love it. The best way I can describe the balance, is that it feels eerily like the perfectly balanced E36 M3. The performance figures are similar to the E36 M3 as well.

The Alfa DNA drive mode selector is a game changer for me. The **** remains in whatever mode you're in when you shut the car off. No more, pressing a button or two to put the car in sport mode. The engine is very, very good for a 4 cylinder turbo. A flash tune will really wake it up. I'm getting 23.5mpg city and 28mpg highway, which is more than I could ever ask for a daily driver of this size and performance level.

I've owned all the performance SUV's and this Stelvio is right up there with my X5m, CTT, and AMG ML63, simply because of the handling dynamics. The Quad might be damn near perfect, but I can't justify having two cars with more than 500HP.

So far 3500 miles on mine and it's been damn near perfect.

The negatives:

- Sold by volume FCA dealers - They just don't know how to treat luxury consumers.
- Weird park distance sensors that stay active (and beeping) while the car is in park. (software fix supposedly on the way)
- Quirky voice controls to engage "Siri" on iPhone, but works once you figure it out.
- Auto Start-Stop can be annoying but can be disengaged, or you can learn to incorporate into your driving style.
- Exhaust note could use a little bit more snarl (easily remedied)
- Interior fit and finish is an 8.5 of 10, when compared to Porsche and BMW at 10 of 10.