Other Japanese Supercars Toyota Supra, Honda NSX, Mazda RX-7 etc.

WRX STI or EVO X MR ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 10:56 PM
jdmtoexotics is infamous around these parts

To me, the Sti is butt ugly and the interior along with the seats can't touch the evo's. I'm biased but um yea, Just look at these two the evo in my opinion trumps the sti, also the evo is a lot more rare and inexpensive to modify.

Old 04-15-2010, 11:04 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
The Sti is a Much nicer car to drive than an Evo X.. The finish is better, the trans 10x better.. the Gearing on the X sucks.. 5th gear cruise on highway its up over 4k..

And yes I am biased towards mitsu as i own 3 of them but there is no mistaking the Sti as being the better daily driver HANDS DOWN..

As far as performance the sti motor is a POS IMO.. The Evo X engine is a monster.. 600hp stock motor.. Youll need a 10k built motor to survive the torture the Evo X motor can take..

Mike

Old 04-16-2010, 12:38 AM
pezcore is infamous around these parts
from the outside (especially in the pic comparison above) EVO all the way... but since you have to get in the car and drive it you gotta go with the STI. For $30k you'd think Mitsubishi would DO something with the interior...

If it was between 2 BRAND NEW cars only, I'd hold out for the 2011 STI sedan...

Old 04-16-2010, 12:35 PM
Mar48 has much to be proud ofMar48 has much to be proud ofMar48 has much to be proud ofMar48 has much to be proud ofMar48 has much to be proud ofMar48 has much to be proud ofMar48 has much to be proud ofMar48 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jdmtoexotics

To me, the Sti is butt ugly and the interior along with the seats can't touch the evo's. I'm biased but um yea, Just look at these two the evo in my opinion trumps the sti, also the evo is a lot more rare and inexpensive to modify.

Cmon man, if you are going to do that at least get a pic of a modded STi or a stock evo... not a apple to apple comparison at all!

Last edited by Mar48; 04-16-2010 at 12:42 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:21 PM
SevenSisters has a spectacular aura aboutSevenSisters has a spectacular aura aboutSevenSisters has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Mar48
Cmon man, if you are going to do that at least get a pic of a modded STi or a stock evo... not a apple to apple comparison at all!
My thoughts exactly.

Old 04-16-2010, 04:10 PM
Mar48 has much to be proud ofMar48 has much to be proud ofMar48 has much to be proud ofMar48 has much to be proud ofMar48 has much to be proud ofMar48 has much to be proud ofMar48 has much to be proud ofMar48 has much to be proud of

Here you go... I don't know why you didn't just post a pic of your evo as it looks to be stock from your avator

Old 04-17-2010, 06:58 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Sort of a timely thread. Test drove a '10 STI today. Looking for a 4 door to replace my Mini as a DD. Evo isn't in the running for me. Not a fan of the looks, higher price point. Hatch on the STI would also actually make it a useful family hauler.
I have my own opinions on the Scoobie. Anyone else care to share their opinions about the car?

Old 04-17-2010, 11:39 PM
never driven a '10 but my heavily modded 04 wrx was a blast, I will always love that car and subies in general because of it. Can't go wrong with an STi although I heard the '11 model year wrxs are going to be almost as fast as the '10 STi and the '11 STi will be even faster so I would wait a little if I were you

Old 04-19-2010, 05:42 PM
a66cobra1 is a splendid one to beholda66cobra1 is a splendid one to beholda66cobra1 is a splendid one to beholda66cobra1 is a splendid one to beholda66cobra1 is a splendid one to beholda66cobra1 is a splendid one to beholda66cobra1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by bonehead
Sort of a timely thread. Test drove a '10 STI today. Looking for a 4 door to replace my Mini as a DD. Evo isn't in the running for me. Not a fan of the looks, higher price point. Hatch on the STI would also actually make it a useful family hauler.
I have my own opinions on the Scoobie. Anyone else care to share their opinions about the car?
I have been out shopping for a car to take with me to Italy when I move there in October. Been looking at MazdaSpeed 3's, SUB's, etc.

I think I have my decision narrowed down to an STI, so, I am in the process of shopping '10 STI's right now and am floored by the fit and finish, the handling, the utility of the car (4 doors and a hatchback).

I am very anxious about driving one in Italy where speed limits are kind of just an idea or thought, but not really a detail that many worry about.

Old 04-19-2010, 06:44 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mar48
never driven a '10 but my heavily modded 04 wrx was a blast, I will always love that car and subies in general because of it. Can't go wrong with an STi although I heard the '11 model year wrxs are going to be almost as fast as the '10 STi and the '11 STi will be even faster so I would wait a little if I were you
While they may be as fast which wouldnt make much sense for them to over power their flagship vehicle it will be lacking in the driveline dept which still to me is 1 of the most important aspects of that car.. The STi trans is worth every dollar..

Mike

Old 04-19-2010, 07:51 PM
Former Vendor
Modball Team is infamous around these parts
It would have to be the EVO X for me guys ... Both cars are neck in neck performance wise but I have a soft spot for mitsi's and the scooby doesnt look as good IMO ...

Old 04-19-2010, 07:54 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Alvin Modball
It would have to be the EVO X for me guys ... Both cars are neck in neck performance wise but I have a soft spot for mitsi's and the scooby doesnt look as good IMO ...
Have you driven both?? Trust me, I built this shop on Evo's.. Hundreds of them in every form possible.. I laughed at the POS subie because the motors are weak compared to the evo and the styling much less aggressive.. Then I drove the Subie.. That was the end.. its so well balanced and better finished inside and out its not even a fair comparison on build quality.. Just my .02.. Drive them both and see if you have not.. if your looking for power as being 75% of the deciding factor there is no comparison again.. the Evo can make 600whp stock motor EASY..

Mike

Old 04-19-2010, 08:05 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
Have you driven both?? Trust me, I built this shop on Evo's.. Hundreds of them in every form possible.. I laughed at the POS subie because the motors are weak compared to the evo and the styling much less aggressive.. Then I drove the Subie.. That was the end.. its so well balanced and better finished inside and out its not even a fair comparison on build quality.. Just my .02.. Drive them both and see if you have not.. if your looking for power as being 75% of the deciding factor there is no comparison again.. the Evo can make 600whp stock motor EASY..

Mike

I have driven both dude .. My friend has a bran new wrx sti and I drove the New evo x that was a JDM import at the time at a Mitsubishi track day in Europe. In my own opinion they were near enough the same but to each there own ...

Scoobys can look good but they need a few bits done on the outside.

Personaly I like the classic scoob shapes and Evo's 1-6 much much more than the New ones .. I have a 6 myself

Old 04-19-2010, 08:08 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Alvin Modball
I have driven both dude .. My friend has a bran new wrx sti and I drove the New evo x that was a JDM import at the time at a Mitsubishi track day in Europe. In my own opinion they were near enough the same but to each there own ...

Scoobys can look good but they need a few bits done on the outside.

Personaly I like the classic scoob shapes and Evo's 1-6 much much more than the New ones .. I have a 6 myself
Just asking to see if you drove is all.. I find the Sti 10x nicer to drive then a X.. Actually i would NEVER drive a X as a daily now that I have driven an STi.. Just my opinion..

Mike

Old 04-19-2010, 08:10 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
Just asking to see if you drove is all.. I find the Sti 10x nicer to drive then a X.. Actually i would NEVER drive a X as a daily now that I have driven an STi.. Just my opinion..

Mike

As a daily driver id have any Scooby over an Evo! lol Evos are a pain in traffic and city driving ... Scoobys seem a lot more comfortable to drive practically

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: WRX STI or EVO X MR ?