Other Japanese Supercars Toyota Supra, Honda NSX, Mazda RX-7 etc.

Honda CR-V on the Ring (ouch!!)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 04:50 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Honda CR-V on the Ring (ouch!!)

this is why you should never drive a SUV on the Ring (1:05)

Old 04-09-2012, 05:01 PM
crhait has a spectacular aura aboutcrhait has a spectacular aura aboutcrhait has a spectacular aura about
Oops!

Old 04-12-2012, 09:57 AM
jwerkz is infamous around these parts
ouch!

Old 04-12-2012, 10:13 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Wait... The dude got out?

Amazing! Makes me want to go out and buy a CR-V and track it.

But didn't we all learn that the Jeep SRT-8 can run faster laptimes than brand 'x' luxury sports cars?

Old 04-14-2012, 12:48 PM
FAUEE is a jewel in the roughFAUEE is a jewel in the roughFAUEE is a jewel in the roughFAUEE is a jewel in the rough
That's a testament to not driving beyond your ability, or your vehicle's ability. Amazing that the guy got out and wasn't killed, I agree that speaks highly to the safety of Honda (if not so much the ability of it to keep up with German sports cars).

I thought the Jeep's time was pretty slow to be honest. At 8:49 it proved that it was slower than a Mazdaspeed3, and only slightly faster than a Mini Cooper S. While not bad for an SUV (not good either), it wasn't really an impressive time.

The real question is why it was that slow, because it beats a lot of sports cars in other performance metrics. It just didn't translate over to the ring for some reason.

Old 04-14-2012, 01:34 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
He really pushed that to the limit, didn't he? At least he got out...

Old 04-14-2012, 11:21 PM
B.King is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by FAUEE
The real question is why it was that slow, because it beats a lot of sports cars in other performance metrics. It just didn't translate over to the ring for some reason.
I would assume it is because of the combination of power/weight ratio, weight distribution and suspension.

Old 04-15-2012, 12:49 AM
adamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the rough
Lol, not surprising...Iv'e seem campers going around the ring xD

Old 05-11-2012, 02:06 PM
detuned is infamous around these parts
Heading there soon, looking really forward to driving the ring... I think I will opt for a fully prepared track car, they rent them at the track. I think the cheapest is a suzuki swift, but its supposed to be really setup well for about $500EU for 12 laps.