Other Japanese Supercars Toyota Supra, Honda NSX, Mazda RX-7 etc.

S2000 CR (Club Racer)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 10:25 AM
S54
S54 is infamous around these parts
Wow, I'm speechless. What a dissapointment.

Old 04-05-2007, 10:30 AM
WearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by S54
Wow, I'm speechless. What a dissapointment.
Same here, ditch the wing cut another 100lbs out of the car, add a bit of power and for the love of god don't paint the the FF&F blue and I might be slightly interested.

Former S2000 owner.

Old 04-05-2007, 02:07 PM
FNR32 is a jewel in the roughFNR32 is a jewel in the roughFNR32 is a jewel in the rough
:-( This is typical of Honda.

Old 04-05-2007, 03:32 PM
SSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond repute
Wow i'm very disappointed as well. It would have been nicer with no soft top but hardtop inplace, drop around 150lbs, upgrade suspension and bring back the 9k redline with the 2.2l with a power bump to around 300hp

Old 04-05-2007, 04:56 PM
Crea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the rough
see i was right.... Club Ricer sounds like a good name for this car

Old 04-05-2007, 05:08 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
And for that money you could have a competive 996 C stock car or F stock 944 in PCA.

Old 04-05-2007, 07:24 PM
SallyMobile is a jewel in the roughSallyMobile is a jewel in the roughSallyMobile is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by S54
No confirmed specs but here are some rumors from the speedtv.com website.

Honda Cooks Hotted-Up S2000
Written by: Autocar staffLondon, UK – 3/15/2007

Ever wondered what might result if Honda gave its S2000 the Type-R treatment it reserves for the go-fast versions of its cars in Europe and Japan? Well, you could be about to find out.

The Japanese marque has just confirmed that among the cars on its New York motor show stand in April will be a hotter version of its eight-year-old roadster; it'll be called the S2000 CR and, says Honda, will take the car's performance "to an entirely new level."

Official information on the more hardcore S2000 will be scarce until its unveiling on April 4. All Honda has said about it so far is that it's "club racer-inspired," "aggressively tuned," and has been "engineered around the expectations and needs of Honda performance enthusiasts."

So how is Honda going to achieve the necessary added aggression? Given its preference of high-revving atmospheric engines over forced-induction ones, a turbocharger probably isn't on the cards. It's more likely that the company will apply its latest VTEC valve timing technology to the car's standard 237hp 2.0-liter motor, which, allied to upgraded induction and exhaust systems, should boost headline power up beyond 260hp.

Added to that will be power-to-weight ratio gains achieved through weight saving. Aluminum body panels, aluminum updates to the car's “X-Bone†body structure, the removal of the car's air conditioning and part of its audio system, and the substitution of leather seats for lighter, manually-adjusted buckets, could save as much as 222lb from the 2800lb curbweight.

All that means that, while the standard S2000 has a power-to-weight ratio of 188hp per ton, this more track-focused one could have as much as 225hp per ton. Special circuit-biased tires, lighter alloy wheels and a stiffer chassis are also racing certainties.

The new S2000 CR is going on sale in the U.S. this autumn.
Looks like they didn't save nearly as much weight as people had hoped:

http://www.caranddriver.com/autoshow...-s2000-cr.html

A removable aluminum hardtop provides shelter from the elements and admission to tracks where open-top cars aren’t allowed. With the top off, the S2000 CR will weigh approximately 2765 pounds, almost 90 pounds less than the regular S2000.

Old 04-05-2007, 07:52 PM
stuttgart1 is infamous around these parts
the s2000 CR look like a ricer to me....

Old 04-05-2007, 08:37 PM
SSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond repute
Well this "CR" version is nothing more than people have already been doing with S2000's up till now. I had an s2000 and took out the soft top with the motor which saved about 75lbs and replaced it with a carbonfiber hardtop. If they reduced the "CR" by 90lbs there is an easy 15lbs laying around plus a lot more by simply swapping a light weight exhaust, some light weight seats, light weight battery or a lighter brakes like all other "type-r" versions you can easily out due the "CR" version.

If only they would have tried a tad bit harder this might have been a great track car option from factory.

Also the shifter on the s2000 shames the porsche shifter.... IMO and probably many others who have had this car..... But at the end of the day i'd still take a 996tt over it anyday

David

Last edited by SSMugen; 04-06-2007 at 08:04 PM.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:47 PM
Blazing is infamous around these parts
HOW SAD. I was expecting the CR to have sporter styling and maybe even more bhp ie 300bhp. Honda WAS LAZZY WITH THIS ONE,it would have been a HIT (in my eyes),they didnt have to do much.

Old 04-07-2007, 11:52 AM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !
yawn... extreme disappointment - followed by relief. I was afraid that the CR might have been so compelling that I would have no choice but to upgrade.

Definitely not the case.

Old 04-07-2007, 01:46 PM
Banned
DimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura about
The Honda guys just mispelled it, it's not call the "Club Racer", it's actually suppose to stand for the "Club Ricer"

Old 04-07-2007, 01:51 PM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DimNSlow
The Honda guys just mispelled it, it's not call the "Club Racer", it's actually suppose to stand for the "Club Ricer"
true dat!

dude - you have 999 posts now.

Old 04-07-2007, 01:57 PM
Banned
DimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by lig
true dat!

dude - you have 999 posts now.
Was 996 a bit before That was bad ***. But now it's 1,000 Maybe I should take a screenshot of this too!

Attached Images  
Old 04-14-2007, 09:31 PM
Alexs '05 is infamous around these parts
I would never be caught in that flourscent blue pile of crap.

Disgrace to the S2000's

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: S2000 CR (Club Racer)