Don Nguyen | Norcal / Bay Area Vinyl Wrapping Tour - March, Monday 25th - Sunday 29th

Old 03-11-2015, 03:00 PM
Former Vendor
Don Nguyen is on a distinguished road
Don Nguyen | Norcal / Bay Area Vinyl Wrapping Tour - March, Monday 25th - Sunday 29th

WannabeRacer.com

I am making plans to be back up in San Francisco / Norcal / Bay Area to do vinyl wrap installations and plastic dip jobs between the dates of March, Monday 25th - Sunday 29th.

As a side note, I have had requests to do trips to other locations as well (IE east coast, etc). So if you are not local to me and would like to see if I am able to travel out to your state, PM or e-mail me and I’ll put you on my contact list for if I do make it out there and for me to also be able to gauge interest.

Here are links to some of my vinyl wrapping tours up to norcal:
1 - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...066&highlight=
2 - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...389&highlight=
3 - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...186&highlight=

Just a reminder. E-mail (don@wannaberacer.com) me to schedule/reserve your appointment slots. Everything is a first come first serve basis. People who e-mailed me in the past get priority, so if we can't schedule something for you this time, still e-mail me and I will keep you on my priority contact list for the next time I make a trip up to norcal / Bay Area.

For me to process each inquiry as quickly and smoothly as possible, please use the following format below:

Subject title: Norcal March 2015 Trip
Type of car:
Material finish/color (IE gloss black, carbon fiber, etc):
Part(s) you're looking to wrap:

Here are links to pictures the cars that I have worked on and examples of my vinyl work. My work is not limited to only what's seen/shown below, so feel free to ask if there is something you don't see but are interested in getting done.

Gloss / matte black roof wraps
3M Di - Noc / 1080 carbon fiber roof wraps
Blacked out chrome window trim
Smoked / tinted tail light pictures

Days that I will be available for appointments. Hours available for appointments will be 9am-6pm for each of those days.

March 25th - Wednesday
March 26th - Thursday
March 27th - Friday
March 28th - Saturday
March 29th - Sunday

thanks.

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
WannabeRacer.com

Old 03-13-2015, 12:10 PM
Former Vendor
The owner of this blue E90 335i sedan originally had his roof painted black and his carbon fiber hood painted gloss black in the center and body color on the sides. However, the condition of the black paint was no longer as nice as it once was when it was originally painted, so he had me vinyl wrap over it. Instead of just going with the gloss black again, he had me use the 3M 1080 gloss carbon fiber material, to change up the look a bit. I ended up just doing the center of the hood in carbon, essentially just covering up the pieces/parts that were painted gloss black. He also originally had his window trim wrapped in gloss black, but the job wasn't that great, so I redid that for him. I believe the owner of this car was from Long Beach and drove out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County. You can see that this material is a lot glossier than the 3M di-noc matte carbon fiber vinyl, but you will still never get the depth that real carbon fiber pieces have, since those parts/pieces have a thick gel coat on top of the carbon to provide that look.

You can see that the

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com

Old 03-15-2015, 11:56 AM
Former Vendor
The owner of this white Audi Q5 brought me her car to have me lightly smoke/tint her tail lights with my film. I’ve had a lot of people ask me recently if I have any other shades, but this is actually the only shade I have used and posted pictures of for the past couple of years now. In addition to her tails, I also did the lower bumper reflectors to match the tail lights, but left the upper third brake light alone. She brought her car to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the tinting work done.

Before:

Driver/left side tinted - passenger/right side stock:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

Old 03-17-2015, 11:08 AM
Former Vendor
This is kind of a bigger picture post than usual, but I had multiple requests for more up close pictures and of certain areas that are pictured below. The owner of this white Audi RS5 had me vinyl wrap the roof and also black out the brushed aluminum/chrome window trim on his car with my gloss black vinyl material. The gloss black roof tied in quite nicely with the large sunroof of the car, to give it a full/complete panoramic roof look. Also, just blacking out the chrome around the windows also changed the look of the car quite a bit, even though the mirrors are still silver. The owner of this car drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County from Los Angeles to get the work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

Old 03-20-2015, 08:23 PM
Former Vendor
The owner of this white Ferrari FF coupe has had several of his previous cars worked on by me in the past for different vinyl wrap projects. For his Ferrari FF, we went with the my gloss black vinyl materials for the roof of his car to give it a panoramic roof look and also give it a more aggressive look. Even though the car already stands out from other cars, the gloss black roof really changed the look of the car even more in a positive way. The owner of this car was local to me in Yorba Linda and came out to my shop in Orange County to have the vinyl work done. Also, the purple hue in the pictures was because this car was finished just as the sun was going down and the lighting of the sky was a bit purpleish that day, which translated over into the pictures.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com

Old 03-22-2015, 04:57 PM
Former Vendor
The owner of this white Audi R8 was getting other work done on the car and he decided to have me tint his headlights with my light smoke/tint film as well. The owner of this car was from around the Los Angeles county area and drove out to me in Orange County to get the work done. I took some pictures of the car with the headlights off and the parking lights on to show how the light transmission looked like after the install was done. Over, it gave it a nice meaner look without reducing overall light output by anything too much.

Before:

During - Driver (right) side tinted/smoked, passenger (left) side stock.

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

Old 03-24-2015, 07:18 PM
Former Vendor
I had some people ask me what a carbon fiber roof on a black car look like, so here are some pictures.

Here is a black BMW E90 335i that I vinyl wrapped the roof with the 3M di-noc carbon fiber material. The owner of this car was from around the LA area and drove out to me in Orange County to have the vinyl work done. I had also vinyl wrapped his window trim in matte black a while back as well. It's not very noticeable in the pictures, but the mirror caps were real carbon fiber, as a reference point for how the vinyl compares to real carbon.

-Don

don@wannaberacer.com