Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Panamera with almost no camouflage pics!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 05:28 PM
RichP is on a distinguished road
It is a bit hard to believe that most of the car is still camo.. and I hope it is, because from certain angles the vehicle is a beauty, but from others...

I tend to think there may be some surprises on the back of the car. For a company that puts so much style into their cars, there are a lot of visual issues on the rear 1/2 of the car that are poorly resolved. For example, the rear door opening in relation to the windows. The edges of the trunk and their relation to the rear tail lights is also a bit off.

We will see soon...

Old 09-28-2008, 06:21 AM
CatDog will become famous soon enoughCatDog will become famous soon enough
it looks like its a full size sedan, I thought it was going to be mid to compete with the RS4, C63 and M5. Guess it's competition is now the 7 series and the other full size luxury cars

Old 09-28-2008, 05:01 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
the c63, rs4 and m3 are in the same class, the m5 is above them, as is the panamera.
the panamera will compete with all bigger luxury sportsedans and coupes whether it´s the Audi RS6, A8, upcoming A7, the BMW M5, M6, 7-series, upcoming CS, the Maserati Quattroporte, Granturismo,the AM Rapide or the Mercedes CLS and AMG E-classes.
And it probably will still be the best perfomance car among them.

Old 09-28-2008, 11:50 PM
wan888 has much to be proud ofwan888 has much to be proud ofwan888 has much to be proud ofwan888 has much to be proud ofwan888 has much to be proud ofwan888 has much to be proud ofwan888 has much to be proud ofwan888 has much to be proud ofwan888 has much to be proud ofwan888 has much to be proud of
i just placed a deposit on one .. hoping it'll not be as bad as it looks ... the rear end do make me sick .. but then i was thinking .. "i'm sure porsche saw all these comments from the net, they should be able to tell what's nice and what's ugly"

so i'm betting on it ...

Old 09-30-2008, 09:03 AM
jlingk will become famous soon enough
I would reserve judgment until after you drive one. Rohrl said this is one of the most dynamic cars he's ever driven. Don't be surprised if this rolls out with 500+ hp as well.

Old 09-30-2008, 09:50 AM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
We are also forgetting one of Porsche's credos: "Form follows function". If you want to have real headroom for the folks in back, AND lots of trunk space, you are going to have a slightly bulbous back end. If the Panamera gives you this plus handling and lots of power, I sure wouldn't complain.

Old 10-08-2008, 07:51 AM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
new rendering of the rear:

Old 10-09-2008, 04:28 AM
Misha will become famous soon enoughMisha will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by RichP
It is a bit hard to believe that most of the car is still camo.. and I hope it is, because from certain angles the vehicle is a beauty, but from others...

I tend to think there may be some surprises on the back of the car. For a company that puts so much style into their cars, there are a lot of visual issues on the rear 1/2 of the car that are poorly resolved. For example, the rear door opening in relation to the windows. The edges of the trunk and their relation to the rear tail lights is also a bit off.

We will see soon...
Here few pics. of different look / angles and amount of cmouflage on top of the mule . Once all this is gone , Panamera will surface as a beauty in a custome 'Porsche signature look' .

Old 10-09-2008, 07:04 AM
Misha will become famous soon enoughMisha will become famous soon enough
... end my prediction what is under the mule/cocoon and which way it may go towards the final look .

P.S. Sorry for lousy renderings , but I have no P-shop on my computer , only simple tools : brush,spry,dots ...

Old 10-09-2008, 08:54 PM
SoCal955 is on a distinguished road
^^^^^
Hope you are right!

Old 10-11-2008, 11:13 AM
986S is on a distinguished road
Not sure why they're doing the rear end that way. Anyone know the anticipated price?

Old 10-12-2008, 06:43 AM
lovethesport is on a distinguished road
disgusting---what a pig

Old 10-13-2008, 01:00 PM
SixSpeed5 is on a distinguished road
I honestly think it looks strange, and I am one of the people who liked the Cayennes when the first pictures were released!

Old 10-13-2008, 04:19 PM
pod
pod is on a distinguished road
it's ok, but why take a sports car brand and further dilute it with 4 doors?

Old 10-14-2008, 06:55 AM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by pod
it's ok, but why take a sports car brand and further dilute it with 4 doors?

Because it will make them a bundle of cash.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Panamera with almost no camouflage pics!