Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need A8L replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 03:40 PM
WakeCayenne is on a distinguished road
The 750 is possibly the most boring looking sedan on the road. The LS460, which its design nearly copies, even looks better. The only pleasing angle is from the front. Yes, it is comfortable and well-appointed, but so is every car you're looking at.

The cl550 is hands-down gorgeous. Seems a tad impractical though...2-door s-class, why? And as previously mentioned...depreciation will make leasing ridiculous.

Panamera looks great but also only seats four...no benefit over the arguably better-looking, aforementioned cl. Leasing is going to be ridiculous. Money factor and depreciation rates will be through the roof...as with all first year models.

My neighbor has an XFR...yes it's visually stunning but I can't say the same for the interior. The **** shifter is silly and the air vents that close when you turn off the engine are silly. Everything about it is purposely different...but not in a good way. Oh yeah...the interior is laughably small compared to the A8, S550, 750, etc.

S550 is solid. Best luxo sedan on the market imo.

My mom's A8L continues to impress me. Always enjoyable to drive, understated elegance, fantastic interior, copious leg room...but you know all this, you own it.

Final opinion: S550 or strongly consider the previous suggestion of a short-term lease off lease trader and pick up the panamera in a year or two. Leasing will be much more realistic and economical then.

Old 08-18-2009, 09:49 AM
eddiecob is on a distinguished road
please consider maserati Gran Turismo...beautiful car!!!

Old 08-30-2009, 10:18 AM
IamMati is on a distinguished road
First of all, nice to meet you all, I have been reading for a while, but I haven't written yet.

If I were you i would buy the 750Li, its an impressive car.

Anyways, the decision you take, will be the correct, because there is no possibility to make an error at this level.

PS: Sorry for my poor english, I'm trying to improve.

Mati.

Old 08-30-2009, 12:22 PM
AceRothstein415 is on a distinguished road
750Li!!!

Old 08-30-2009, 05:13 PM
fcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by IamMati
First of all, nice to meet you all, I have been reading for a while, but I haven't written yet.

If I were you i would buy the 750Li, its an impressive car.

Anyways, the decision you take, will be the correct, because there is no possibility to make an error at this level.

PS: Sorry for my poor english, I'm trying to improve.

Mati.
hola! my son spent time in barcelona this spring and loved it. i hope to visit one day too. your english is much better than my spanish

i didnt love the interior of the bmw compared to my old audi though. im leaning towards panamera but have problem with summer tires. there is no exact fit with all season tires and am trying to figure out the best approximate fit.

Old 09-01-2009, 09:45 AM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
cl hands down. If you wont miss the power that the 7 can provide, its simply one of the sexiest/svelte cars on the road...

Old 09-08-2009, 11:16 AM
Long Islander has a spectacular aura aboutLong Islander has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by WakeCayenne
My neighbor has an XFR...yes it's visually stunning but I can't say the same for the interior. The **** shifter is silly and the air vents that close when you turn off the engine are silly. Everything about it is purposely different...but not in a good way. Oh yeah...the interior is laughably small compared to the A8, S550, 750, etc.
I just bought a 2010 XF Premium 5.0 (385 hp) and I absolutely love it. The exterior styling is stunning -- clearly the best looking sedan in the world. The ride and handling are both great, and the interior is extremely quiet.

I think the shift **** is quite ingenious and very easy to operate, especially with the electronic parking brake that releases itself. The vents that rotate are unnecessary, so I turned off that feature. They should have provided an option to keep the shift **** permanently in the up position as well, but that doesn't bother me (why should it?). The interior wood is very rich and the console is extremely functional -- three front cupholders, and a large storage compartment with ipod, MP3 and USB connector plus 12V charger inside.

The touch screen is intuitive and very easy to use. The screen displays the rear camera when the car is in reverse, and has lines that show where you're headed. I don't see how "everything is purposely different." In fact, Jaguar seems to have copied many of Mercedes' best features, like keyless go, in terms of how they function. The back seat is definitely tight, but the trunk is much larger than the 3 cars mentioned above. In fact, the only sedan sold in America with a larger trunk is the Lexus LS460, which is about a half cubic foot larger.

And all this is available at a price that's quite reasonable compared to the competition.