Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My PCM keeps rebooting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 10:19 AM
falb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant future
I had a reflash and no issues since (fingers crossed).

Old 04-28-2010, 09:22 PM
dan993 is on a distinguished road
UPDATE: It was the memory function tied to the key and person seat memory buttons. I have the sport seats, so PCM settings are also saved. I (or the detailer) had hit a button that had not been set yet, so it loaded default factory settings only. This cleared all my current settings, giving the impression of a reboot.

Thinking now that it might be fine and the culprit is the memory function. According to the manual, if the memory seat funtion is on, the settings, including PCM, are saved to the key at locking. If it is off, no settings are saved. I had the car detailed yesterday, had the problem right after. Perhaps he turned the memory off, locked the car then unlocked it. That could clear the settings. As the PCM was set on iPod, I didn't notice anything until a bit later. Assumed a reboot but that wouldnt explain the loss of all the other settings. Sound right?

Last edited by dan993; 04-29-2010 at 06:32 AM.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:39 AM
Honored Member

W8MM will become famous soon enough
Good to hear that you got it sorted out.

Old 05-02-2010, 09:21 PM
P4S2010 is on a distinguished road
I had the PCM reboot today. Was talking on bluetooth phone (blackberry) and the PCM rebooted. Came back in about 15 seconds.

How do I find out when the car was built?

Old 05-03-2010, 04:35 AM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by P4S2010
I had the PCM reboot today. Was talking on bluetooth phone (blackberry) and the PCM rebooted. Came back in about 15 seconds.

How do I find out when the car was built?
Look on the drivers door jamb....it should be there just like the 997.

Old 12-20-2017, 07:35 AM
Greg3t is an unknown quantity at this point
Rip-off

Get this fixed while your vehicle is still under warranty. My Cayenne is no longer under warranty and when I called the dealer I was told that the Radio had to be replaced! They wouldn't even look at it to see if it needed a software update or need a disk/storage unit. I asked for a price - $4200 big ones. Porsche dealers have a monopoly here because you have to be a licensed dealer to have access to programming the unit. So it can't be fixed in the aftermarket. So, when your vehicle first starts doing this, get it fixed under warranty or sell it!

Old 12-20-2017, 07:38 AM
SLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to behold
lol .. for $4200 I would of traded it in ..

Old 07-01-2018, 05:24 AM
AlanS1971 is an unknown quantity at this point
PCM Re-booting in my Porsche Cayenne

Hi, I had the same issue in my Porsche Cayenne but seems to have stopped after resetting.

yiu will need to re-add Aux, iPod and usb to the menu after (2009 Cayenne owners)

select "DISC" mode on the PCM and then press the "OPTION" button. This brings you to a screen that allows you to select which inputs you want to show up as available. Just tick the AUX box and then it will be available.

hope this helps!

Old 07-05-2018, 07:18 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
My experience with rebooting PCM (on Cayenne TT), is that the antenna cables behind it were not seating properly, especially the GPS antenna.
Once I used zip ties and glued a plastic base to thread zip ties through it, to hold the end of antenna tight to the back of PCM, rebooting stopped.
I assume programming for the PCM scans for connection to signals, and if signal goes in/out frequently, PCM does a reboot to reset itself.
Since I did the zip tie thing on the Cayenne, I have not seen one reboot yet, thats about 2 years now. Before doing so, I would have reboot often, especially when using GPS.
I have a thread on this somewhere on here, in the Cayenne forum.

Old 05-20-2020, 11:56 PM
nevek89 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ciaka
My experience with rebooting PCM (on Cayenne TT), is that the antenna cables behind it were not seating properly, especially the GPS antenna.
Once I used zip ties and glued a plastic base to thread zip ties through it, to hold the end of antenna tight to the back of PCM, rebooting stopped.
I assume programming for the PCM scans for connection to signals, and if signal goes in/out frequently, PCM does a reboot to reset itself.
Since I did the zip tie thing on the Cayenne, I have not seen one reboot yet, thats about 2 years now. Before doing so, I would have reboot often, especially when using GPS.
I have a thread on this somewhere on here, in the Cayenne forum.
Ciaka what year of Cayenne do you have? I am experiencing this issue on my 2015

Old 05-21-2020, 02:19 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Mine is 2005. The gps cable connector is tiny and brittle. If Gps cable is loose it causes PCm to try reset itself. After reset pcm checks again. If not fixed. Reset here we go again.
removing radio should be easy to look behind.

Originally Posted by nevek89
Ciaka what year of Cayenne do you have? I am experiencing this issue on my 2015

Old 05-21-2020, 06:50 AM
rsbIII is an unknown quantity at this point
Very interesting this thread resurfaced as this happened to me this AM in my 2011 Panamera Turbo - I have issues w/ entry & drive // the driver door lock/actuator - I recently had a bad tire swapped out and im thinking this may have something to do with memory as I manually locked the car last night and manually unlocked it this AM... will see how things progress but I have enough on my plate as it is and dont need to add a new PCM to the list

Old 05-21-2020, 08:01 AM
Porsches are very sensitive to voltage variations, so make sure your battery is good and charged up too, to eliminate that possibility.

Old 05-21-2020, 08:40 AM
rsbIII is an unknown quantity at this point
apparently this is happening to many panamera/cayenne owners - has to do w/ sirius XM

Old 05-21-2020, 09:09 AM
ez1973 will become famous soon enoughez1973 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by rsbIII
apparently this is happening to many panamera/cayenne owners - has to do w/ sirius XM
Happening to me this morning in my Panamera while using XM. Very upsetting...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My PCM keeps rebooting