Sponsored by:

Muffler question?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 12:15 PM
488ci-mojo has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Muffler question?

Hi all,

I purchased my 4S off the dealer showroom, it does have the sport suspension minus ability to lower, so that's something I'm looking into.

I've spoken with the friendly folks at Ettinger and Tubi and am not convinced I want to change out the mufflers to either system, since it's the wife's grocery getter. Ettinger tells me that the exhaust for the 4S/S either routes differently than the Turbo or inlets differently but it is indeed different. I can't imagine why this would be the case and they couldn't yet tell me either but it is a grand more than the turbo exhaust, so maybe so. I ask because I was thinking of picking up a 'take off' sport muffler set from someone who's changed them out to the TechArt mufflers (Tubi's is not ready yet). Ettinger may have the take off next week and I've offered to bring the car to them to take a look/see.

Questions are:
1.) Anyone know if they route or inlet the same way on the 4S as the Turbo or are they indeed different?

2.) If they do hook the same, I'd be interested in a take off set from someone. I'm not particularly concerned about the butterflies and don't know the electronics mechanics of the sport mufflers, would someone kindly explain? I would probably opt to keep the butterflies in open position, full time to avoid wiring.

Very appreciative to hear your comments. Thanks.

Old 02-07-2010, 01:25 PM
Root is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of light
Your air suspension car will go to the lower level automatically when you have sport or sport plus engaged with the sport plus setting on the shocks (two red lights lit on the shock button).
If it does not lower in this config. you do have an issue.