Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The new M5, a real threat to the PTT, even PTTS?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 01:06 PM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Targa Tim
You guys are all too young.

M5 was the King of sport sedan for the longest time when it was offered in manual transmission only, no other sport sedans come close except the AMG E class.

Then the last M5 with SMG was a big disappointment, and PTT appeared and becomes the new King.

The whole purpose of PTT is to beat the M5, but not the other way around.

BTW, if M5 comes in AWD I'll be very tempted. Panamera's trunk is just way too small and it's lacking one rear seat.
We are not that young. Saw this video and instantly put all I had in one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KF0DVAWAdo

Old 10-27-2011, 08:07 PM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by kip
We are not that young. Saw this video and instantly put all I had in one!
Good find!

Old 10-30-2011, 11:09 AM
falb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant future
This a great car at a great price. It will temp many 4S panny shoppers with more power and RWD fun.

Old 11-01-2011, 07:33 AM
umwolverine will become famous soon enoughumwolverine will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by falb
This a great car at a great price. It will temp many 4S panny shoppers with more power and RWD fun.
Yes, I have to agree - being one of those potential 4S buyers. The car will be great, and possibly epic. For sure it's running close to 600 HP. We'll have to see how the US car reviews go.

The 4S is definitely the car to have in the winter if you have much snow, and no temptation for me to use the cars on the freeway as moving pylons, or to do regular drifting on on/off ramps. My main consideration at this point is the probability of losing my street license with the F10 M5.

Old 11-01-2011, 08:35 AM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by umwolverine
Yes, I have to agree - being one of those potential 4S buyers. The car will be great, and possibly epic. For sure it's running close to 600 HP. We'll have to see how the US car reviews go.
Who cares how much hp it has, if it wont get awd its useless. Check out this g-power m6. 500meters of black lines. Whats the point?

http://youtu.be/T2cdliYmmKs

Old 11-01-2011, 11:38 AM
umwolverine will become famous soon enoughumwolverine will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by kip
Who cares how much hp it has, if it wont get awd its useless. Check out this g-power m6. 500meters of black lines. Whats the point?

http://youtu.be/T2cdliYmmKs
Are you trying to say there's a 'point' to any of the cars we're talking about?

Old 11-01-2011, 12:04 PM
kip
Originally Posted by umwolverine
Are you trying to say there's a 'point' to any of the cars we're talking about?
Well no, I just think it is crazy to give over 400bhp to a RWD hevay saloon car. You just punish the tires. 911's and small, light sportscars can handle it.

Old 11-01-2011, 03:34 PM
Root is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of lightRoot is a glorious beacon of light
Still a matter of personal preference. Reminds me of the Chevy vs. Ford 30 years ago. (old guy)
IMHO Porsche rocks!!

Old 11-07-2011, 04:32 PM
ALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant future
Both cars are awesome but people who can afford the PTT arent going to really consider an M5 IMO.

Old 11-07-2011, 06:01 PM
dhh
dhh has a spectacular aura aboutdhh has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ALPINE6SPD
Both cars are awesome but people who can afford the PTT arent going to really consider an M5 IMO.
Ditto

Old 11-07-2011, 06:19 PM
MIA997TTBeast will become famous soon enoughMIA997TTBeast will become famous soon enough
Well said... Don't get me wrong I have respect for the M... Hell I loved my E60 M... But at the end of the day...

Ferrari >> Porsche >> AMG = ///M

Everytime I saw a 997TT going by me I regret getting the ///M... Now that I have the Pcar it will be hard to turn my head for the ///M... Now a Ferrari will be different as my neck will hurt a lot...

Old 11-07-2011, 06:54 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
I will probably be buying a PTT or PTTS in about 1 to 2 years from now and I will consider the M5, AMG, and maybe even the S8. Most likely I will still like the Porsche more, but if I can save money (like 60k) and still be happy with my purchase then I will consider that as an option. But just as I compared all the sporty SUV's, I still ended up paying way more for my CTT because it was the best.

So for me, I will consider most cars in a particular class but am willing to spend much more to get the best one. Just hoping the cheaper one will be just as good.

Old 11-08-2011, 07:23 AM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MIA997TTBeast
Ferrari >> Porsche

uhmmm, maybe in terms of price and exclusiveness but certainly not in terms of quality and performance.

Old 11-08-2011, 09:58 AM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by catchmyshadow
uhmmm, maybe in terms of price and exclusiveness but certainly not in terms of quality and performance.
word of wisdom.

Old 11-08-2011, 01:11 PM
kip
Here were I live the PTTS costs about 400 000 euros and the M5 about 200 000 euros and that starts to be quite a big difference no matter how much you earn. It is different in the US, where I could have 3 PTT's for the price of one here.

Then again according to the newest results the PTTS is still faster up to about 120mph:
Road and Track tested the new Panamera Turbo S.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/tests/dr...namera-turbo-s

0-60 mph 3.4 sec 0-100 mph 8.1 sec 0-1320 ft (1/4 mile) 11.6 sec @ 120.8 mph

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The new M5, a real threat to the PTT, even PTTS?